Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing Murray posted was him smiling in a photo and smiley emojis

somehow SpursTalk is equating that as “disapproval”

that’s a huge leap and it’s misinformation that’s spreading like wildfire because you literally have pages and pages of people talking about it like it’s truth.
    The tweet looks like it's been deleted but I'm pretty sure it was posted like an hour after the Spurs made the pick. It probably wasn't even regarding the pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After this FO's track record from the last 3 years, it's absolutely hilarious that some of you are still trying to mental gymnastics your way into justifying this absolutely dumbass pick

The most obvious reason for why Primo was picked that high is the FO is an absolute mess and has no idea what they're doing. Simply look at how they've approached trading, free agency, and asset management since Kawhi f'd them over (honestly started even earlier than that) if you need any type of evidence of their inep ude.

The only thing they had going for them recently was drafting and they decided to take a massive all over that last night

Outside of the Kings, I honestly can't think of a worst organization in the league in terms of how their next 5 years is projected to look. Some of you are just absolutely delusional that the FO can continue to operate how they did when they had a Top 5 player of all time on their roster and should still be given the benefit of the doubt.

The brain drain they've experienced for the last 10-20 years is massive and it's legit embarrassing that their current braintrust consists of an old man way past his prime and a young GM whose resume is filled with absolutely terrible decisions.

This team is absolutely ed for the next decade tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that’s a huge leap and it’s misinformation that’s spreading like wildfire because you literally have pages and pages of people talking about it like it’s truth.

He deleted it. Funny that he'd delete a positive, well meaning post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know again? Indulge us please...
    Oh I don't know, maybe because literally every single of that idiot's GM moves in the last 3 years has been absolute trash.

We know that you're still of the mindset that this FO deserves the benefit of the doubt even though literally every single thing they've done for the last 3 years has been absolute . This ain't 2000-2015 anymore, old man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say I was trying to figure out how he fits with the current roster as he is so young. By the time he is done in Austin, DWhite will be nearing retirement so I guess he's Derrick's replacement.

In all seriousness, this has to mean at least one of the younger guards is going to be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker needs to make big strides this year or get out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After this FO's track record from the last 3 years, it's absolutely hilarious that some of you are still trying to mental gymnastics your way into justifying this absolutely dumbass pick

The most obvious reason for why Primo was picked that high is the FO is an absolute mess and has no idea what they're doing. Simply look at how they've approached trading, free agency, and asset management since Kawhi f'd them over (honestly started even earlier than that) if you need any type of evidence of their inep ude.

The only thing they had going for them recently was drafting and they decided to take a massive all over that last night

Outside of the Kings, I honestly can't think of a worst organization in the league in terms of how their next 5 years is projected to look. Some of you are just absolutely delusional that the FO can continue to operate how they did when they had a Top 5 player of all time on their roster and should still be given the benefit of the doubt.

The brain drain they've experienced for the last 10-20 years is massive and it's legit embarrassing that their current braintrust consists of an old man way past his prime and a young GM whose resume is filled with absolutely terrible decisions.

This team is absolutely ed for the next decade tbh
    Find a new team...you deserve better! Take your talents elsewhere big guy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to get too into the weeds on this (but I guess I will lol) but Murray seemed to be grimacing in the photo and he clearly used the "grimace" emoji. I think it's more of a stretch to say he was smiling. Regardless, he has since deleted the tweet, which I think is telling. It wasn't a good look at all from the leader of the team. It may not have been directly about disliking the Primo pick, but rather what Murray thought the pick meant about his own future with the team.
    Eh, I know Brian Wright said the words "point guard" about Primo but the guy is not a point guard. He didn't play point guard at Alabama and won't play point guard in the NBA. The guy averaged 1.3 assists per 36 minutes -- the lowest of any guard prospect in the draft. That's also lower than any player on the Spurs team last season. You have to go back to Jeff Ayres to find a Spurs player who averaged that few assists per 36 minutes. Unless Jeff Errors was a point guard in disguise, Murray doesn't have anything to worry about

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I don't know, maybe because literally every single of that idiot's GM moves in the last 3 years has been absolute trash.

We know that you're still of the mindset that this FO deserves the benefit of the doubt even though literally every single thing they've done for the last 3 years has been absolute . This ain't 2000-2015 anymore, old man
    You do realize RC and Pop are still in the building right? Do I need to elaborate ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I know Brian Wright said the words "point guard" about Primo but the guy is not a point guard. He didn't play point guard at Alabama and won't play point guard in the NBA. The guy averaged 1.3 assists per 36 minutes -- the lowest of any guard prospect in the draft. That's also lower than any player on the Spurs team last season. You have to go back to Jeff Ayres to find a Spurs player who averaged that few assists per 36 minutes. Unless Jeff Errors was a point guard in disguise, Murray doesn't have anything to worry about
    He’s just as much a point guard as Murray in their eyes based off the statement��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wrong: "I just got some insider info that this penny stock MIGHT hit $100 dollars this time next year. Let me pay $99 for it now."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My emoji game may be off but they were grimaces..clenched teeth…matching a similar photo of the man, posted shortly after the Spurs picked. Make of it what you will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize RC and Pop are still in the building right? Do I need to elaborate ?
    Yeah and with those geniuses still in the war room, the Spurs have managed to miss the playoffs 2 years in a row without a top 10 pick to show for it nor an type of All-Star level talent on the roster. So glad they're still part of the organization, maybe with next year's lottery pick they can draft a time machine back to relevancy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and with those geniuses still in the war room, the Spurs have managed to miss the playoffs 2 years in a row without a top 10 pick to show for it nor an type of All-Star level talent on the roster. So glad they're still part of the organization, maybe with next year's lottery pick they can draft a time machine back to relevancy
    Nice try little buddy.... be well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My emoji game may be off but they were grimaces..clenched teeth…matching a similar photo of the man, posted shortly after the Spurs picked. Make of it what you will.
    They absolutely were, anybody that says otherwise is delusional.

Dejounte tweeted out what anybody in the fan base with a half a brain realized...

Wouldn't be surprised if he's on the move soon with the kind of stuff he's been putting out on social media recently. He's usually an idiot on that channel anyways but the last month or so has been questionable even for him. Don't blame him one bit tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He deleted it. Funny that he'd delete a positive, well meaning post.

my rebuttal here is he probably saw all the responses similar to here and didn’t mean to garner that type of response. Needless to say, it’s still a connecting the dots type of thing that can’t be more than speculation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing to me that Brian Wright would actually say "point guard" with that knowledge at hand. Shouldn't a competent GM be capable of choosing his words more carefully? Murray may have nothing to worry about, but the organization as a whole??? I'm not so sure.

We're putting lipstick on a pig attempting to justify this pick, IMO. If Primo truly was the guy they wanted, they still could have pulled it off while saving face a little bit. It just had the feel of a bottom-dwelling organization really too incompetent to do anything to improve themselves through the draft either by trading down or maximizing their draft position. Heck they could have picked the best available and then worked a deal for whichever team nabbed, or was appearing to be about to nab, Primo if that's who was truly on their radar. I honestly have never been this down on the Spurs' management as I am now. I've tried to give them grace in the management of the team since Kawhi's departure, but other than drafting Keldon there hasn't been a lot to point to that's positive the last couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp Serious question bruh, what was the last Spurs FO move that made you go: "That was a savvy move"

Even Keldon dropping to 29 was a no-brainer pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wrong: "I just got some insider info that this penny stock MIGHT hit $100 dollars this time next year. Let me pay $99 for it now."

With this lottery pick we're going to have a solid 6'5" guard to play with the second unit in about 4 years, Mugen. Not sure what you're complaining about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJs post was definitely grimacing/Yikes emojis, it was definitely about the Primo selection imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i caught the tail end of an interview with coach oats of 'bama and he was giving some background on primo;

1) this should be his freshman year in college as he graduated a year early from high school.
    2) MRIs and X-rays show that Primo's bone (epiphyseal) plates are still open meaning that he is still growing.
    3) they coached him up a lot at the point to start the season but then they backed off to let him do what he does best and let him process the information. then, towards the end of the season, they started playing him at the point again and it started to come together (he specifically mentioned the auburn game). the meniscus tear set him back a bit again but then he started to elevate his game again.
    4) his performance at some workouts in LA were great as they had him run the offense and he showed vast improvement in his pick and roll reads.
    5) he will likely become a wing who can do it all and could be 6'7" or 6'8".

that was most of what i caught for what it's worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this lottery pick we're going to have a solid 6'5" guard to play with the second unit in about 4 years, Mugen. Not sure what you're complaining about.
    Choppa, you and I both know this FO is going to bring back Mills on another 50 piece come next week. Character, culture and undersized 2 guards....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

also weirded me out that people are saying his compe ion is Tre. I’m like, no man, his compe ion is Lonnie and maybe Vassell. Primo has a big frame and will only get bigger. His body somewhat looks like Jrue Holiday out there (who was defending Booker in the playoffs) but with potential to be a little bigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my rebuttal here is he probably saw all the responses similar to here and didn’t mean to garner that type of response. Needless to say, it’s still a connecting the dots type of thing that can’t be more than speculation.

if you're willing to contort the discussion so far as to say those were smiley emojis and not grimace emojis, it's silly to even talk about it. He even added a photo of himself grimacing! It's cool, I don't care. You value being a cheerleader for the team and that's fine. That's just not my thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're willing to contort the discussion so far as to say those were smiley emojis and not grimace emojis, it's silly to even talk about it. He even added a photo of himself grimacing! It's cool, I don't care. You value being a cheerleader for the team and that's fine. That's just not my thing.
    You say you want to have basketball discussions, but you always resort to condescending remarks. It’s not very consistent of you.

somehow saying something is speculation is being a cheerleader for the team. Nice.

Thread Information