Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s putting it together as we speak….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo isnt really ready for the NBA physically. He will be there in time and once he develops confidence in his game at the NBA level he will be even better.

He looks confident in the G league from the little I've seen. He seemed less confident in the NBA, which is to be expected from a kid who just turned 19. I think so many forget how young he really is. When Parker was his age, he had been a pro for what? 5 years already? Allowing Josh the ability to mature and develop his game as a pro in a less pressure packed environment will do him wonders long term.
    He actually looked quite confident in the preseason and early season, but when we needed him to play a role during the COVID e, he looked less sure when he was reined in a bit. He’s looking much better the last few Austin games, even setting a new personal gleague best with 24 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-25-2022 at 04:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy needs nba experience, not fkn buried in gleague with ballhogs

look at the other teams in the nba who have rookies playing or even starting, they are force to play their cards in a rebuilding stage or not attracting FA, they know they aint winning so they still need to sell seats by putting out a product....something the spurs did last year with the younger players getting more minutes after getting rid of the tosb on the roster...this year looks like compared to last season

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked overwhelmed vs Cleveland last week. He needs to improve and isn’t ready yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy needs nba experience, not fkn buried in gleague with ballhogs

look at the other teams in the nba who have rookies playing or even starting, they are force to play their cards in a rebuilding stage or not attracting FA, they know they aint winning so they still need to sell seats by putting out a product....something the spurs did last year with the younger players getting more minutes after getting rid of the tosb on the roster...this year looks like compared to last season
    What are you talking about? Last year was a healthy dose of DDR/LMA/Mills/Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo recalled. Hopefully White traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo recalled. Hopefully White traded.
    Primo recalled because we’re back home, he’s an hour away, and Austin doesn’t play until Friday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo recalled because we’re back home, he’s an hour away, and Austin doesn’t play until Friday.
    I’m well aware. Call ups don’t usually mean players have changed hands like most on this board purport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m well aware. Call ups don’t usually mean players have changed hands like most on this board purport.
    Primo back to Austin. Joshua yo-yo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sick pass. He's also been recalled for tonights game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s REALLY cut down on his turnovers. He had a string of Austin games where he had 6,6,7 in a three game stretch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he grown to 6’10” yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sick pass. He's also been recalled for tonights game.
    Wow, that's a sweet little pass there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That pass wasn’t an isolated incident. His court vision is next level, and unlike some of our guys, he understands that he needs to attack the hoop to open up passing lanes. This was a perfect example, as his determined drive drew in the help defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That pass wasn’t an isolated incident. His court vision is next level, and unlike some of our guys, he understands that he needs to attack the hoop to open up passing lanes. This was a perfect example, as his determined drive drew in the help defender.
    Definitely, it seems like he had the pass in mind as he did the stutter drive. Wieskamp's man was deep on the baseline (for some reason). But it's also the pass itself. I can't totally see, but it's more like a wrist flick, almost like a pocket pass that isn't just dumping a few feet, but makes it on a beeline all the way out to the perimeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scouting report from 2020 after the BWB camp. Seems like an injury, in this case a fractured finger, kept Primo somewhat enigmatic and hidden amongst many talent evaluators.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/...etball-borders

With a 6-foot-5 frame and long arms, Primo looked comfortable operating on and off the ball at the camp. Primo is extremely smooth and fluid while changing speeds, splitting ball screens and finishing with touch and creativity around the rim using either hand. He did a great job of getting teammates involved out of pick-and-roll, showing the ability to deliver accurate passes after drives or off a live dribble. He's a good shooter with his feet set, but particularly off the dribble.

Primo needs to improve on the defensive end, as his intensity wavers and he has some trouble getting over screens. His lack of experience was reflected in some risky shot selection and decision-making...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scouting report from 2020 after the BWB camp. Seems like an injury, in this case a fractured finger, kept Primo somewhat enigmatic and hidden amongst many talent evaluators.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/...etball-borders
    I think, too, a lot of teams were really slow on him. There was another player that was rising fast pretty late, I think Zaire Williams? The guy drafted by Memphis. He was appearing on mock drafts only in the last week, which I think reflects what they were hearing from teams. The press finding Williams credible late suggests a few teams were only cementing on him pretty late. In my mind, Primo would have started appearing on boards a week or so later, had the draft been at those times, when the press picked up on interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and White out tomorrow. Time for a heavy dose of Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and White out tomorrow. Time for a heavy dose of Primo
    Why are they out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White - rest
    Murray - bruised knee, probably rest, but SA doesn’t want to be fined.
    Jak - back pain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think, too, a lot of teams were really slow on him. There was another player that was rising fast pretty late, I think Zaire Williams? The guy drafted by Memphis. He was appearing on mock drafts only in the last week, which I think reflects what they were hearing from teams. The press finding Williams credible late suggests a few teams were only cementing on him pretty late. In my mind, Primo would have started appearing on boards a week or so later, had the draft been at those times, when the press picked up on interest.
    Honestly I don’t know if this is true obviously… it might be, but for my money I thought the Grizzlies wanted someone else, either Giddey or Wagner… they tried hard to trade up further and might have even dangled Dillon Brooks and pick swap to CLE for Mobley… alas they weren’t able to trade up any further and settled on the next best guy in their list which was Williams…

Essentially I am saying Williams wasn’t who the Grizzlies were really after. I was actually disappointed they traded up for him bc they might have got him at 17 anyways, but they could have expected he wasn’t going to be there at 17 so the Valanciunas trade was worth it to them even in that case, but we can never know of course.

For the Spurs, they tried to trade down but they must have had information that another team would have draft him in the middle and he wouldn’t be around at later slots. They ended up not chancing it bc it was risky and they liked Primo enough to secure him at 11.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 01-30-2022 at 01:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe it's widely confirmed that Primo was going to be nabbed shortly after the Spurs, I forget who, maybe OKC. Williams was appearing on some mocks. That doesn't mean only the Grizzlies wanted him, and he might not have their primary target. The mocks were just registering interest from some teams higher than he'd been projected for a while. He was moving up.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo would’ve had big minutes on okc. Good or bad depending on where you stand. Personally I like the pace of his development here. I believe this may very well be the player who shuts a lot people up about how the team goes about developing and vetting legitimate long term investments.

Vassell as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo would’ve had big minutes on okc. Good or bad depending on where you stand. Personally I like the pace of his development here. I believe this may very well be the player who shuts a lot people up about how the team goes about developing and vetting legitimate long term investments.

Vassell as well.
    This

Thread Information