Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He actually looked quite confident in the preseason and early season, but when we needed him to play a role during the COVID e, he looked less sure when he was reined in a bit. He’s looking much better the last few Austin games, even setting a new personal gleague best with 24 points.
    That could be overthinking (or overcoaching whatever it is). But it’s necessary to learn when to facilitate or when to take over games. I’m just hoping that he’s going to shy away like Lonnie does (did). But also with Pop, a player might have to push his style of play as long as he can back it up, like Manu did. There’s Manu who never really gave up his erratic plays, and then there’s TP who allowed Pop to mold him into the player he became, who absorbed the barkings as well as humanly possible, and there’s Demar who allowed Pop to coach him to become a better all-around player. I think Primo will be like Demar with the outside shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That could be overthinking (or overcoaching whatever it is). But it’s necessary to learn when to facilitate or when to take over games. I’m just hoping that he’s going to shy away like Lonnie does (did). But also with Pop, a player might have to push his style of play as long as he can back it up, like Manu did. There’s Manu who never really gave up his erratic plays, and then there’s TP who allowed Pop to mold him into the player he became, who absorbed the barkings as well as humanly possible, and there’s Demar who allowed Pop to coach him to become a better all-around player. I think Primo will be like Demar with the outside shots.
    Definitely go with over thinking. He's just a kid. People tend to forget how little coaching he has actually had.

I have the same image of him being a Demar type player with a 3 pt shot. Reminiscent of Harden with his step backs and casual drives. Will be a fun prospect to watch grow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White - rest
    Murray - bruised knee, probably rest, but SA doesn’t want to be fined.
    Jak - back pain
    Maybe PATFO is giving those BS fan boys a wet dream. 3 of them for BS, salary match. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo would’ve had big minutes on okc. Good or bad depending on where you stand. Personally I like the pace of his development here. I believe this may very well be the player who shuts a lot people up about how the team goes about developing and vetting legitimate long term investments.

Vassell as well.
    it doesn’t matter how many players come through the system and get better, you’re always going to have folks that will talk half truths and BS.

Spurs fans have seen a lot of players over the years come through and get better but it’s still folks that will throw some caveat in to try and make a point. Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally drafted at 12 and projected late 1st/early second in pre draft mock drafts.

10. Memphis Grizzlies

Joshua Primo

(Originally drafted No. 12 by the San Antonio Spurs)

The Grizzlies really reached for Ziaire Williams at No. 10. Williams clearly had long-term upside, but really struggled during his freshman season at Stanford. He’s gotten significant minutes in Memphis this season, and he’s had a few games where he’s popped. But for the most part, he’s struggled, and most stats-based analytics tools rank him as the second-worst rookie right now, ahead of only Green.

Williams is young and no one is ready to write him off. But if the Grizzlies were going to reach for a young player with limited upside, did they get the right guy?

Primo was also a very controversial selection in the lottery, and he’s gotten significantly fewer minutes than Williams to show his stuff. But the brief glimpses we’ve seen of him in the G League and for San Antonio give me hope that the Spurs knew what they were doing.

Primo was the youngest player in the draft (and is younger than some of the top prospects in the 2022 NBA Draft). He has shown off a sweet jumper and some playmaking ability (including getting playing time at the point) and has been a surprising plus on the defensive end.

He’s very inconsistent and young, but if I were drafting for upside, I think we’ve seen enough to call Primo a tantalizing top-10 pick in the re-draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally drafted at 12 and projected late 1st/early second in pre draft mock drafts.

10. Memphis Grizzlies

Joshua Primo

The Grizzlies really reached for Ziaire Williams at No. 10. Williams clearly had long-term upside, but really struggled during his freshman season at Stanford. He’s gotten significant minutes in Memphis this season, and he’s had a few games where he’s popped. But for the most part, he’s struggled, and most stats-based analytics tools rank him as the second-worst rookie right now, ahead of only Green.

Williams is young and no one is ready to write him off. But if the Grizzlies were going to reach for a young player with limited upside, did they get the right guy?

Primo was also a very controversial selection in the lottery, and he’s gotten significantly fewer minutes than Williams to show his stuff. But the brief glimpses we’ve seen of him in the G League and for San Antonio give me hope that the Spurs knew what they were doing.

Primo was the youngest player in the draft (and is younger than some of the top prospects in the 2022 NBA Draft). He has shown off a sweet jumper and some playmaking ability (including getting playing time at the point) and has been a surprising plus on the defensive end.

He’s very inconsistent and young, but if I were drafting for upside, I think we’ve seen enough to call Primo a tantalizing top-10 pick in the re-draft.

At least those listed in the tweet, Ford was right. Mobley looks great, Giddey was a very nice pick, and Primo shows upside. Although Williams was rising, I didn't really see why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious about OKC's development. They have a GM who can find diamonds in the rough, but do they actually develop players beyond this? SGA is excellent, of course, and Giddey has also come in with a lot of skill. But Pokusevski already looks like he's getting worse. True, he need a huge amount of skill development, but sticking him out there last year jacking horrific three after horrific three wasn't exactly helping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious about OKC's development. They have a GM who can find diamonds in the rough, but do they actually develop players beyond this? SGA is excellent, of course, and Giddey has also come in with a lot of skill. But Pokusevski already looks like he's getting worse. True, he need a huge amount of skill development, but sticking him out there last year jacking horrific three after horrific three wasn't exactly helping.
    SGA was drafted by the Clippers, and showed enough production in all categories that he was a deal breaker demand by OKC in the PG trade. OKC had little or nothing to do with the player he is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has been really solid on defense In both the G League and when getting real NBA minutes. That has been a very nice surprise to say the least.

I think if given more NBA minutes that he could give better production right now than what Lonnie (sadly) has given this season. I feel Joshua’s biggest issue when he was given more run when everyone was out due to health and safety was his aggression.

barring injuries I’m very excited to see what Joshua can do with all summer and off-season to sharpen his skills, next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA was drafted by the Clippers, and showed enough production in all categories that he was a deal breaker demand by OKC in the PG trade. OKC had little or nothing to do with the player he is now.
    That's right, thanks. My sense is OKC's player development is kind of ty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid just has it…. He has the traits and feel you don’t teach.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo and McD were the only players able to score once the Sun's defense tightened. It was shame, Primo did not get possession after he scored at 3:41 mark. The guy wants to take big shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo’s gonna be a damn good player in a few years. He’s already showing signs. Great pick by PATFA tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has been really solid on defense In both the G League and when getting real NBA minutes. That has been a very nice surprise to say the least.

I think if given more NBA minutes that he could give better production right now than what Lonnie (sadly) has given this season. I feel Joshua’s biggest issue when he was given more run when everyone was out due to health and safety was his aggression.

barring injuries I’m very excited to see what Joshua can do with all summer and off-season to sharpen his skills, next season
    I was pleasantly surprised by his burst of speed on that 2nd play. He wasn’t this fast before, and his handles have improved so much as a ballhandler. I really think they should start playing him alongside Murray at 2 if ever they decided to move White and start creating that chemistry with Murray in the 2nd half of the season. What Spurs would miss from White, I think Primo can replace. He even tried to take the charge the other night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo and McD were the only players able to score once the Sun's defense tightened. It was shame, Primo did not get possession after he scored at 3:41 mark. The guy wants to take big shots.
    That 3pt shot in a close game shows the cold blood on this kid’s veins, alpha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got a brand new low mile Ferrari that Pop just wants to keep in the garage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pleasantly surprised by his burst of speed on that 2nd play. He wasn’t this fast before, and his handles have improved so much as a ballhandler. I really think they should start playing him alongside Murray at 2 if ever they decided to move White and start creating that chemistry with Murray in the 2nd half of the season. What Spurs would miss from White, I think Primo can replace. He even tried to take the charge the other night.
    Primo's ball skills were really poor this summer; if he got double teamed, it was pretty much a strip, he couldn't handle it. That he's improved this quickly is fantastic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 3pt shot in a close game shows the cold blood on this kid’s veins, alpha.
    Yup did it against the Nets on the road too as well. Pretty impressive stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is coming for White's job, tbh. A secondary ballhandler who can handle PG duties when needed, has potential to be a good defender, but unlike White, doesn't play scared and looks like a knockdown shooter, something this team really needs

we also need Vassell to start becoming more accurate from deep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is coming for White's job, tbh. A secondary ballhandler who can handle PG duties when needed, has potential to be a good defender, but unlike White, doesn't play scared and looks like a knockdown shooter, something this team really needs

we also need Vassell to start becoming more accurate from deep
    I really hope we can find a true wing for the 3 so Primo/Vassell can play the majority of their minutes at the 2. Vassell was closer to 40% from 3 earlier this year before this slump.

I am absolutely ready to turn White into something if the opportunity arises.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said multiple times and I'm saying it again: in terms of skillsets, Primo and Vassell should be starting instead of White and Johnson.

-Primo is a better shooter than White, which is exactly what Murray needs along him. Also, I think White would benefit from getting to be the primary ball-handler coming off the bench, ala Manu.

-And Vassell not only provides more shooting than Johnson, he also provides better defense.

We are still lacking that dynamic, long 4 to round up the SL. But Murray at the 1, Primo at the 2, Vassel at the 3, and Poeltl at the 5, should be set for next season.

A bench lineup of White, Walker, Johnson, McDermott, Landele looks very balanced too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said multiple times and I'm saying it again: in terms of skillsets, Primo and Vassell should be starting instead of White and Johnson.

-Primo is a better shooter than White, which is exactly what Murray needs along him. Also, I think White would benefit from getting to be the primary ball-handler coming off the bench, ala Manu.

-And Vassell not only provides more shooting than Johnson, he also provides better defense.

We are still lacking that dynamic, long 4 to round up the SL. But Murray at the 1, Primo at the 2, Vassel at the 3, and Poeltl at the 5, should be set for next season.

A bench lineup of White, Walker, Johnson, McDermott, Landele looks very balanced too.
    Unless that 4 in the starting lineup is All-NBA that is still a 30 win team. Also Zollins is likely the backup big next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

10. Memphis Grizzlies

Joshua Primo

While Bleacher Report doesn’t even have Primo at top 14. And instead have Chris Duarte as Spurs’ pick at 12.

Do it again in 5 years and I wouldn’t doubt Primo will be in top 5. I’m really hoping Spurs are clearing minutes for him and even start soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Bleacher Report doesn’t even have Primo at top 14. And instead have Chris Duarte as Spurs’ pick at 12.

Do it again in 5 years and I wouldn’t doubt Primo will be in top 5. I’m really hoping Spurs are clearing minutes for him and even start soon.
    It’s ridiculous to do a redraft this early. Try two years later, and you might have a better idea.

Thread Information