Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1624
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atl Spur, I'm getting the impression that you think people should give Primo more time and patience.
    Lol…….kind of

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh will be more assertive this year.
    I agree. Don't get me wrong. I'm 100% in the camp that believes Primo is a quality player in the making. Maybe not an All-Star but I'd be thrilled if he developed like a Vassel or Keldon.

I don't even take much issue with Lonnie's development, especially considering where he was drafted. I think he's a nice punch off the bench. I never felt like any of these players needed to be a star to avoid being called a bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stated was that his PER was 7.1 for this season.

If his PER is 10.5 next season, do you say "Wow, that's a 50% improvement over 2022" or do you just look at it absolutely and still say "He sucks"?

If you are on the positive end, do you point to the growth with a hope for a PER of 13 - 15 his junior year in the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If his PER is 10.5 next season, do you say "Wow, that's a 50% improvement over 2022" or do you just look at it absolutely and still say "He sucks"?

If you are on the positive end, do you point to the growth with a hope for a PER of 13 - 15 his junior year in the league?
    As hard as I have been on him, even I am not saying he sucks, just that he is likely not gonna be this team's next All-Star, despite some of the hype about him and Pop's out of character praise for him.

In fact I am of the belief he'll eventually be quite good and probably for a number of years. I just detest people trying to write off his poor play as a function of misused statistics or because he "is the youngest player in the league." He had a ty year. He'll get better. The end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As hard as I have been on him, even I am not saying he sucks, just that he is likely not gonna be this team's next All-Star, despite some of the hype about him and Pop's out of character praise for him.

In fact I am of the belief he'll eventually be quite good and probably for a number of years. I just detest people trying to write off his poor play as a function of misused statistics or because he "is the youngest player in the league." He had a ty year. He'll get better. The end.
    Name a rookie that’s had a great year as a spur….. most vets have a hard time assimilating to the spurs way! We all know his year wasn’t great but I’m going to stick with the hall of fame coaches assessment of the player. Time will tell….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name a rookie that’s had a great year as a spur….. most vets have a hard time assimilating to the spurs way! We all know his year wasn’t great but I’m going to stick with the hall of fame coaches assessment of the player. Time will tell….
    How about DR50 and TD21, that's 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point is valid in that Spurs rookies are often held back or limited moreso than rookies on other teams. However, Primo regressed as the year went on.

As to your question, TP showed explosiveness and a grit that I haven't seen yet from Josh. He'll do better next year so as you say, time will tell. Just think there will be a cap to his improvement once he starts making it that will limit him below all-star level.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point is valid in that Spurs rookies are often held back or limited moreso than rookies on other teams. However, Primo regressed as the year went on.

As to your question, TP showed explosiveness and a grit that I haven't seen yet from Josh. He'll do better next year so as you say, time will tell. Just think there will be a cap to his improvement once he starts making it that will limit him below all-star level.
    Josh will never be as good as TP. Lacks the quickness that TP had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought Vassell played very well, especially towards the end of the year, and his PER for year 2 was 13.3. I'm not the hugest fan of PER, because it is massively offense biased.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Vassell played very well, especially towards the end of the year, and his PER for year 2 was 13.3. I'm not the hugest fan of PER, because it is massively offense biased.

Agreed. It's also biased towards bigs who shoot high FG%s, even if those shots are mostly rare selective ones around the basket, and who grab rebounds. The anomalies in the top tier of PER are almost always these types: right now, that's guys like Montrezl Harrell, Hassan Whiteside, JaVale McGee, Isaiah Hartenstein-- all decent role players but certainly not better than guys they're ahead of in PER like Jayson Tatum, Steph Curry, and Chris Paul.

I remember one time the glitch of elite efficiency vs practical impact really stuck out to me was when Jose Calderon was making a run at the all time record for most consecutive free throws made, in 2009. He shot an incredible 98% from the FT line that year, but also only averaged a hair over 2 FTA per game. It was interesting watching him do his thing that year, but it was also clear that a guy who shoots 8 free throws a game at 80% is actually accomplishing more for his team than Calderon was shooting 2.3 free throws a game at 98%. Calderon was the best FT shooter in the league that year, but there were easily 50 players who were more impactful FT shooters-- all with lower FT%s-- than he was, even though he was doing something that was literally historic from a statistical standpoint.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 04-26-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has a bright future, relax…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Josh has skills Tp didn’t possess also…. Let’s take a breath and see what the kid has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kid is young even by today's NBA standards. I'm going to sit back and see how he develops.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh has skills Tp didn’t possess also…. Let’s take a breath and see what the kid has.
    Parker is a Hall of Famer.

Primo will be lucky to be good enough to make the all star team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a Hall of Famer.

Primo will be lucky to be good enough to make the all star team.
    Sir, he didn’t start off an hall of famer…… get it together! Do better and stay within context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna give the lad a couple years b4 writing him off completely.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him next year with a bit more freedom on the offensive end. Idk if it was a confidence issue due or instructions form the coaching staff, but he'd completely abandoned that step back J that he'd showcased in SL and G-League.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sir, he didn’t start off an hall of famer…… get it together! Do better and stay within context.
    Parker had a better first year and showed the skills to be much better, Primo doesn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker had a better first year and showed the skills to be much better, Primo doesn't.
    That may be true but you are getting off task; just let kid grow at his own pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker, for all intensive purposes, had also been playing professional basketball since he was 15 so i wouldn't compare primo to parker at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker, for all intensive purposes, had also been playing professional basketball since he was 15 so i wouldn't compare primo to parker at all.
    Summary: All Intents and Purposes or All Intensive Purposes? The correct phrase here is always “all intents and purposes,” meaning “in every practical sense.” And while some people say or write “all intensive purposes,” this is always a mistake!
    Apr 8, 2020

Just FYI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summary: All Intents and Purposes or All Intensive Purposes? The correct phrase here is always “all intents and purposes,” meaning “in every practical sense.” And while some people say or write “all intensive purposes,” this is always a mistake!
    Apr 8, 2020

Just FYI
    yeah, it's what an i phone's 'auto-correct' will do to you when you can't text for crap and are too lazy to fix an error. it's probably the same reason that i rarely use upper case letters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sean goes, is he really 6’4? I’m almost 6’9..lol Sean loves Primo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sean goes, is he really 6’4? I’m almost 6’9..lol Sean loves Primo
    Most that understand basketball does��������. He’ll be fine����

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs