My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 points 3 dimes 3 blocks ,and only 3 to's

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Brian Wright or whoever is in charge of drafting about to on us for being mad about the Primo pick:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told these boys....... Mugen tell me how my *** taste������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told these boys....... Mugen tell me how my *** taste������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really excited about this guy. Looked effortless on the court, and much more fluid than his age would indicate. I especially noted his quick decision-making; he was really quick to recover on any play once his Plan A looked like it wouldn't work out (for example that corner 3 he bailed out on, and still got off a good pass leading to a 3 in one motion), and also at recognizing when a player would get open and get him the ball (a left-to-right drive where he instantly recognized a guy on the wing was open, and threw him a no-look pass, comes to mind). Pretty advanced stuff for an 18yo - not for the difficulty of the moves themselves, but because of the awareness it takes to pull them off cleanly. And he was doing it all night (or half the night at least, only caught the second half ).

I'm beginning to see why the Spurs didn't risk him with trying to trade down for an extra asset. He looks so fluid, much more so than many guys on our roster, especially shooting off the dribble. I'm hoping he has a late growth spurt in him, but even if he doesn't, he looks like a natural SG with playmaking abilities to me. Considering White's age and possible trading status, Primo as a future SG placeholder makes a lot of sense. We'll see how he does in Austin, but I'm optimistic about the kid.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what I saw. He’s got some game.

But… How do you teach athleticism? If you’re not explosive and not a lights out deep threat then what are you? What would his NBA comp be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has that “IT” factor! I’ve really liked what Ive seen, he should have had more assists too if his teammates had played better. People questioning his athleticism, I think it’s not bad, he’ll improve athletically just like DWhite did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But… How do you teach athleticism? If you’re not explosive and not a lights out deep threat then what you? What would his NBA comp be?
    Joe Johnson ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cj mccollum

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice find minus the handle for the moment but more IQ at the same age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But… How do you teach athleticism? If you’re not explosive and not a lights out deep threat then what are you? What would his NBA comp be?
    He's just not fast, I wouldn't call that unathletic. I see him having a more Harden-esque game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

does anyone think Devin Booker is that athletic? This overemphasis on athleticism is really something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lotta posters revising their draft grades about now…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not at all familiar with CJ’s game. Joe Johnson had a physicality to his game. Idk, maybe not a bad comp but the game is just so different from that era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I threw out a shorter Khris Middleton comp but going back to the Bucks he also reminds me of Michael Redd. He wasn’t super athletic but was very sound offensively along with being a great shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does anyone think Devin Booker is that athletic? This overemphasis on athleticism is really something.
    Booker can turn a corner pretty well, also his first step is pretty solid. Maybe athleticism isn’t the right word. It’s not like Primo is un-athletic. He’s just not explosive and he doesn’t rise to the rim like booker does.

But you can absolutely get better at finishing so I’m not worried about that.

He looked great tonight, against summer league talent. He would struggle to pull off those same shots at the pro level. I’m encouraged by what I saw, just wondering how they see it coming together because he’s not going to slash and smash at the next level and he’s not a sharpshooter.

A less explosive DDR? Idk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His stepback J is filthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Booker can turn a corner pretty well, also his first step is pretty solid. Maybe athleticism isn’t the right word. It’s not like Primo is un-athletic. He’s just not explosive and he doesn’t rise to the rim like booker does.

But you can absolutely get better at finishing so I’m not worried about that.

He looked great tonight, against summer league talent. He would struggle to pull off those same shots at the pro level. I’m encouraged by what I saw, just wondering how they see it coming together because he’s not going to slash and smash at the next level and he’s not a sharpshooter.

A less explosive DDR? Idk

Jesus no. Derozan was uber athletic and cant shoot the three

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not at all familiar with CJ’s game. Joe Johnson had a physicality to his game. Idk, maybe not a bad comp but the game is just so different from that era.
    think more beal or mccullom . 6'3-6'5 ,38-39 inch vert, and more off the ball . They can handle but are more of outside shooters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throw this kid in the fire! He needs to be playing with the big boys this season. He needs to be traveling with the team and practicing with them, all that. He plays a lot like SGA imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rc and co.found another one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throw this kid in the fire! He needs to be playing with the big boys this season. He needs to be traveling with the team and practicing with them, all that. He plays a lot like SGA imo.
    Gotta get through bryn first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has game, but he's going to have to overcome his general lack of burst to be a real NBA player. It's doable.

Thread Information