Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1624
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree. They absolute see something there which is why I'm adamant the kid will be good as a wing (2 or 3). I just do not see that he's shown or will be able to show, that he can run the point given his limitations (tendency for turning it over, nor having even average NBA explosiveness)
    Agreed. Even his handles.

Ppl complain DJ’s handles were loose which was a fair assessment but you have to actually have handles to tighten them up. It’s a small sample size but I haven’t seen Primo show much by way of handles. Not that you need to be Kyrie with the rock but he looks much more like an off ball 2/3 to me who can probably hone his court vision and passing to be less turn over prone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? Primo’s ball handling is one of his better traits. He has advanced dribbling moves. Ball security and pass awareness is his problem. He makes careless passes with the ball. I watched almost all Spurs games and Austin games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? Primo’s ball handling is one of his better traits. He has advanced dribbling moves. Ball security and pass awareness is his problem. He makes careless passes with the ball. I watched almost all Spurs games and Austin games.
    It’s still a small sample size i’m skeptical in his ability to create for himself, get to the basket etc as the primary ball handler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This highlight reel is sick and doing this at 18, kid is younger than 8 of the lottery picks selected in this years draft. His game is aesthetically pleasing, can't wait to watch him develop.
    Those are remarkable. But I like to see highlights of his passing and court vision. That’s the special quality that a Jason Kidd has, court vision and ability to see plays developing. I think that’s what Pop sees and that’s why he thinks Primo is special. He’s letting Primo commit turnovers, it just a matter of proper execution that eventually Primo will clean up. The dunks are more secondary. White somewhat has it but is not an alpha. DJ not as much I’m sorry. Kyle has it. Of course the big 3 all had it, Boris, Tiago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are remarkable. But I like to see highlights of his passing and court vision. That’s the special quality that a Jason Kidd has, court vision and ability to see plays developing. I think that’s what Pop sees and that’s why he thinks Primo is special. He’s letting Primo commit turnovers, it just a matter of proper execution that eventually Primo will clean up. The dunks are more secondary. White somewhat has it but is not an alpha. DJ not as much I’m sorry. Kyle has it. Of course the big 3 all had it, Boris, Tiago.
    Maybe he'll be better off the ball where he can just go get you a bucket type of player and not try to mold him into something he isn't. But who knows we will see throughout summer league and the regular season and see what PATFO are trying to do with Primo. They tried to turn DJ into a PG when I thought he was a better fit as a 2 and he turned out pretty well lol so we will see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he'll be better off the ball where he can just go get you a bucket type of player and not try to mold him into something he isn't. But who knows we will see throughout summer league and the regular season and see what PATFO are trying to do with Primo. They tried to turn DJ into a PG when I thought he was a better fit as a 2 and he turned out pretty well lol so we will see what happens.
    I’m telling you. Primo has wayyy advance court vision than DJ. I’ll give it to DJ. He worked hard on his game. But he didn’t have the natural gifts as far as bball iq like a Bird or Jokic or a LeBron James, guys who can see 3-4 moves ahead. And I’ve seen plays of Primo having that at a very young age. The passing is secondary and the mechanics is where he’s turning it over. But like shooting, it takes practice. Primo was drafted for that, when he exhibited facilitating instead of what he was just known as a c&s player. He has a General’s mentality, you need to lead a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO knows better than me and Primo had a tough assignment this year being a primary ball handler/distributer in the g-lauge and suddenly a wing during his ~15 starts to end the season.

I will say this. I’m completely on board with having you g guys okay out of position this season if it means more court time. No reason to be playing someone like McDermott at all if some of the yourh can slide up a
    position or two while Primo slides down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Primo. My draft day disgust passed pretty quickly. But I never really saw the guy as a pg. Seems like he could be a crafty scorer that could feed off of space with open jumpers too. Not a primary ball handler.
    I saw primo as a pg immediately….

and as he gets taller and improves his handle..baby magic baby!

book it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO knows better than me and Primo had a tough assignment this year being a primary ball handler/distributer in the g-lauge and suddenly a wing during his ~15 starts to end the season.

I will say this. I’m completely on board with having you g guys okay out of position this season if it means more court time. No reason to be playing someone like McDermott at all if some of the yourh can slide up a
    position or two while Primo slides down.
    You were doing so well……..primo will be fine I’m just waiting to prepare that crow for some of you! The dude is super nice , he just needs seasoning. Look at simons in Portland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s still a small sample size i’m skeptical in his ability to create for himself, get to the basket etc as the primary ball handler.
    he seems to have worked on his handle quite a lot. Ask yourself this: Is Luka Doncic lightning fast? Cause Doncic definitely ain't faster than Primo. Yet he's one of the best players in the league. That's basically the game Primo needs to develop. His handle is the top priority for him to create separation to score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m telling you. Primo has wayyy advance court vision than DJ. I’ll give it to DJ. He worked hard on his game. But he didn’t have the natural gifts as far as bball iq like a Bird or Jokic or a LeBron James, guys who can see 3-4 moves ahead. And I’ve seen plays of Primo having that at a very young age. The passing is secondary and the mechanics is where he’s turning it over. But like shooting, it takes practice. Primo was drafted for that, when he exhibited facilitating instead of what he was just known as a c&s player. He has a General’s mentality, you need to lead a team.
    Yeah I agree, DJ was raw as they come. But that's what I am saying if they can turn an extremely raw kid who couldn't dribble and pass when he came in the league and then turned him into a player that averaged 9.2 assist per game last year, then I am sure they can do the same with Primo. Only thing thing is the work ethic I don't know Primos work ethic but I know DJ work ethic is elite. It will be very interesting how things play out, that's for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he seems to have worked on his handle quite a lot. Ask yourself this: Is Luka Doncic lightning fast? Cause Doncic definitely ain't faster than Primo. Yet he's one of the best players in the league. That's basically the game Primo needs to develop. His handle is the top priority for him to create separation to score
    I’ve broken down the skill vs athleticism thing multiple time with plenty examples At this point it’s just willful ignorance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I agree, DJ was raw as they come. But that's what I am saying if they can turn an extremely raw kid who couldn't dribble and pass when he came in the league and then turned him into a player that averaged 9.2 assist per game last year, then I am sure they can do the same with Primo. Only thing thing is the work ethic I don't know Primos work ethic but I know DJ work ethic is elite. It will be very interesting how things play out, that's for sure.
    With that I’ll say, Primo will be so much better than DJ. Book it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo's gonna be just fine. Will likely end up being a competent NBA veteran a la Reggie Jackson of the Clippers. Loooong career as a combo 1 / 2. No All-Star appearances, but over time, a solid veteran who averages around 12-15 ppg. Should he start as point guard for the Spurs this season? Absolutely. But my expectations are not high. Hasn't shown even a glimmer that says he's gonna be a championship point guard who can counter Doncic or Morant in a 7-game series.

I get why PATFO is hyping him up. Best point guard prospect we've got right now. Nothing to lose this season letting him make more mistakes. Keep boosting his perceived value. I like it.

But say the Spurs get the #2 pick instead of the #1 in next year's draft? Wembanyama's gone. Do they draft Scoot Henderson even with Primo here? No question.

Vassell is gonna end up being a core piece for whatever Spurs championship culture evolves out of rock-bottom. I think Sochan has a chance to be core as well. Is Primo 'The Answer' for the Spurs at starting point guard if we're hunting championships? Let's not get crazy. He's a necessary step in the process.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asking because I don't know. Being 18, is it likely he could add some burst? Make that first step a little quicker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asking because I don't know. Being 18, is it likely he could add some burst? Make that first step a little quicker?
    Proper weight management, target muscle improvement along with aligning an aggressive thought process... yeah.
    You can add burst at his age.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they got him training with Manu and not some midget like they do on those IG videos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ we are ED

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kev you are regressing faster than primo rookie year……… take a breather boss!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He lacks the mamba mentality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kev you are regressing faster than primo rookie year……… take a breather boss!
    Haha I can fall back and still be leaps ahead sir.

I just witnessed two care free children in that interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That senile drunk spent a lottery pick on that

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proper weight management, target muscle improvement along with aligning an aggressive thought process... yeah.
    You can add burst at his age.
    Spurs need to draft players who already have quickness and burst instead of trying to develop players to get burst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to draft players who already have quickness and burst instead of trying to develop players to get burst.
    I get what you're saying, but I was responding to a question and I'm not wrong.

Thread Information