Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1624
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proper weight management, target muscle improvement along with aligning an aggressive thought process... yeah.
    You can add burst at his age.
    Spurs need to draft players who already have quickness and burst instead of trying to develop players to get burst.

Most players basically are what they are. You aren't going to add much to that with training. And oh hey look, the Spurs had a pretty good draft. But rascal will never see that unless we land another Tim Duncan. He's old and depressed and has been projecting his loneliness on this forum for over a decade now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asking because I don't know. Being 18, is it likely he could add some burst? Make that first step a little quicker?
    How quick is Doncic first step?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't bother. They are just throwing at the wall at this point.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is a true point guard with better ball handling and court vision and superior passing as compared with Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is a true point guard with better ball handling and court vision and superior passing as compared with Primo.
    Primo can get there in 4-5 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Most players basically are what they are. You aren't going to add much to that with training. And oh hey look, the Spurs had a pretty good draft. But rascal will never see that unless we land another Tim Duncan. He's old and depressed and has been projecting his loneliness on this forum for over a decade now
    I'll defer to your expertise.
    I agree about the Draft. Knocked it out of the park and with direction.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is a magical being. I dunno how that guy scores the way he does. lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't bother. They are just throwing at the wall at this point.
    Lmao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Not only that, his body positioning is world class. Its not simply about explosiveness, though that helps tremendously. Prino doesnt get easy buckets. Thats just a ing requirement for a PG to get a few easy buckets per game añt the rim. Luka does it with his skill, moves, handles, hesitations, and body positioning, added on top of his ability to step back and bury one in your face.

To date, Primo has shown not even 1/10 of that skill set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop bumping this one, we need to switch to the underpass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the scout that told TimVP Primo would be a 2nd rounder in this draft was spot on. He got outplayed by the 25th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where’s Miss Cleo to spin that turd into a silk scarf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dog crap game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our future pg

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was really tough to watch; a horrible outing. On to the next…….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Not only that, his body positioning is world class. Its not simply about explosiveness, though that helps tremendously. Prino doesnt get easy buckets. Thats just a ing requirement for a PG to get a few easy buckets per game añt the rim. Luka does it with his skill, moves, handles, hesitations, and body positioning, added on top of his ability to step back and bury one in your face.

To date, Primo has shown not even 1/10 of that skill set.
    True indeed thank goodness summerleague is the place to work on deficiencies. Primo will be fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True indeed thank goodness summerleague is the place to work on deficiencies. Primo will be fine
    Sigh...

Hot take: The 2021 Lakers undrafted camp invitee is a better **PG** than the Spurs 2021 12th pick in Primo will ever be, despite PATFO's best intentions.

Three other things I've noticed about Primo's PG defenders say about him incessantly and annoyingly:

1. He's only 19, give him time. Lol, so is Kuminga. So is Wesley. Time won't make him not be TO prone or suddenly be able to make it to the rim (See Mac McClung for God's sake).
    2. He is just deferring. No, he's not as aggressive as he could be but he shouldn't try anyways because he could have had 9 TOs in this game if you count deflections. As it is, he had 3 more again today with his 4 Assists. Again, well below the top 100 NBA players in assist to TO ratio from last year.
    3. He can turn it on when he needs to in 4th quarter, per Air Alamo, the game announcers, and folks on this board. No, he can't. That sentiment came from one game where he hit a lucky ass left handed floater and 3 threes in the 4th.

Look folks, he's NOT A PG. Making him be one will be detrimental to his development and the team's. He will have games where he scores in the 20s and it will almost undoubtedly be substantially totaled from 3 pt shots from the wing.

And yes Atl Spur, he will be fine if he stops being forced to play as a PG. don't get mad at me for highlighting the obvious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last years Lotto pick who would be this years second rounder will be next years free agent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to pile on, but what looked like poise a year ago may be starting to look like a lack of fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its the picker not the pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh...

Hot take: The 2021 Lakers undrafted camp invitee is a better **PG** than the Spurs 2021 12th pick in Primo will ever be, despite PATFO's best intentions.

Three other things I've noticed about Primo's PG defenders say about him incessantly and annoyingly:

1. He's only 19, give him time. Lol, so is Kuminga. So is Wesley. Time won't make him not be TO prone or suddenly be able to make it to the rim (See Mac McClung for God's sake).
    2. He is just deferring. No, he's not as aggressive as he could be but he shouldn't try anyways because he could have had 9 TOs in this game if you count deflections. As it is, he had 3 more again today with his 4 Assists. Again, well below the top 100 NBA players in assist to TO ratio from last year.
    3. He can turn it on when he needs to in 4th quarter, per Air Alamo, the game announcers, and folks on this board. No, he can't. That sentiment came from one game where he hit a lucky ass left handed floater and 3 threes in the 4th.

Look folks, he's NOT A PG. Making him be one will be detrimental to his development and the team's. He will have games where he scores in the 20s and it will almost undoubtedly be substantially totaled from 3 pt shots from the wing.

And yes Atl Spur, he will be fine if he stops being forced to play as a PG. don't get mad at me for highlighting the obvious.
    Lol……. This can’t be life. Primo will be fine and be well kind sir

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that bad? Oh well, we'll all be dead tomorrow anyways after the rolling blackouts in humid ass 106 degree weather.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that bad? Oh well, we'll all be dead tomorrow anyways after the rolling blackouts in humid ass 106 degree weather.
    Bend over and I'll show you rolling blackouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    primo's performance yesterday was unimpressive to say the least. to be fair, the team lacked any screen setter of any kind and there were numerous possessions where the high screen never came so primo would wind up stuck at the top of the key with about ten seconds left on the shot clock. that part was not on him. but, he was too indecisive about what to do when the screen wouldn't come and then he often forced his way into the paint which often led to a turnover or a bad possession. again, to be fair, there was little movement and a lot of his teammates just stood around watching him. but whereas primo looked hesitant, blake looked far more decisive. wesley also seemed more capable of being able to get past a defender when the screen never came, because of his quick first step. it's way to early to come to any kind of conclusion and i'm sure primo would look better with jakob setting high screens and a vassell or keldon to kick the ball out to, but the initial impressions are that blake looks more natural playing the point than primo does.

Thread Information