Post Count
    Not bad
    Maybe
    I laughed at how many times traveled but I guess it’s not called

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously these shouldn't be read into, but considering we're 8 seasons into this era and they've yet to have a (potential) primary ball handler with a modern skillset, it's still refreshing to see.

Once they trade Poeltl and get Primo and Sochan some seasoning, I'd imagine we'll finally see a starting lineup that while terrible, will have decent or better size throughout, four credible three-point threats and no blatant defensive liability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously these shouldn't be read into, but considering we're 8 seasons into this era and they've yet to have a (potential) primary ball handler with a modern skillset, it's still refreshing to see.

Once they trade Poeltl and get Primo and Sochan some seasoning, I'd imagine we'll finally see a starting lineup that while terrible, will have decent or better size throughout, four credible three-point threats and no blatant defensive liability.
    Lol. Definition of damning with feigned praise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brynn Forbes’ personal trainer
    Defender *might* be 6' tall.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has zero speed, but maybe he can be an exceptional version of Andre Miller, hopefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1564350833059414022

Imagine Primo at one of these runs LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaden Ivey is quicker than 99% of the players in the league. Cade next to him also looks like a turtle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaden Ivey is quicker than 99% of the players in the league. Cade next to him also looks like a turtle.
    They all look pretty damn fast jeeze.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all look pretty damn fast jeeze.
    To be clear, we’re ( you ) going with Primo is too slow to compete / produce compared to the guys listed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, we’re ( you ) going with Primo is too slow to compete / produce compared to the guys listed?
    Yes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you This will not age well big guy!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys and you're enjoying to gripe.
    Awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last years lotto who would be this years second rounder might lead the league in TOs.

Tell us Miss Cleo-tell us of the future about your boy. Step up and spout it out. Something tangible

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kev is ok with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo been hitting the weight room tbh. He looks way bigger than even just a couple months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you don’t build more mass like that if you’re trying to be more nimble. He’s gonna bang down low more this upcoming season. Also, you don’t see many NBA players chest press 65 lbs dumbbells. They’re usually lifting 25lbs. That’s pretty impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow Kyle Anderson, Slo Mo 1.0 has managed to play for 8 seasons with mediocre stats in every category. A career .333 shooter on 3s, he never developed a good outside shot, yet he is still on the Memphis roster. Kyle Anderson leads incredibly slow breakaway, even for him (video) (nbcsports.com) Perhaps our Slo Mo 2.0 will develp some skills that will keep him on a roster for as long. At least he came into the league with a willingness to shoot the 3. I believe he has the instincts to play some credible defense but he needs more height to move to PF. Anyone really know if he is still growing????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo been hitting the weight room tbh. He looks way bigger than even just a couple months ago.

Damn, he’s def building his body up in the gym. I feel like when it’s all said and done this kid is going to be ~6’6ish 225lbs or so. Joe Johnson type frame.

I’m the first to denounce sizing up players via pics but I wonder what Primo will look like beside Keldon opening day.
    Last edited by KingKev; 08-30-2022 at 06:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

League ed, tbh. Just like homegirl over there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow Kyle Anderson, Slo Mo 1.0 has managed to play for 8 seasons with mediocre stats in every category. A career .333 shooter on 3s, he never developed a good outside shot, yet he is still on the Memphis roster. Kyle Anderson leads incredibly slow breakaway, even for him (video) (nbcsports.com) Perhaps our Slo Mo 2.0 will develp some skills that will keep him on a roster for as long. At least he came into the league with a willingness to shoot the 3. I believe he has the instincts to play some credible defense but he needs more height to move to PF. Anyone really know if he is still growing????
    So, there are only 2 NBA speeds, Ja and Slowmo? If Kyle is a 0, and Ja is a 10, Primo is like a 7. Just because he’s not Ja quick, it doesn’t make him slow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That girls looks about 5’2”? That would make Primo about 6’4”

But seriously, I expect Primo to play combo guard/SF like Demar who can occasionally facilitate and get his own basket. And by the look at it, will not be too shy to bang inside. I think Tre starts while Blake hones his skills in Austin and get some games with the big club when schedule permits and eventually gets more minutes towards the latter part of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That girls looks about 5’2”? That would make Primo about 6’4”

But seriously, I expect Primo to play combo guard/SF like Demar who can occasionally facilitate and get his own basket. And by the look at it, will not be too shy to bang inside. I think Tre starts while Blake hones his skills in Austin and get some games with the big club when schedule permits and eventually gets more minutes towards the latter part of the season.
    My sentiments also. Not necessarily banging inside but hopefully his growing physique helps him finish around the rim and provides some switch-ability with bigger guys down low on the defensive end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sentiments also. Not necessarily banging inside but hopefully his growing physique helps him finish around the rim and provides some switch-ability with bigger guys down low on the defensive end.
    Are we already backtracking? You carry that Primo sucks flag with pride!!! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we already backtracking? You carry that Primo sucks flag with pride!!! Lol
    He’s shown very little if anything at the NBA level to date and I stand by that. If he sticks with the Spurs development process he probably has enough skill and the physical tools to have a fruitful NBA career.

That’s really always been my view. I don’t agree with the outlandish expectations that often get thrown around on here, although they have been tapered in recent months by some.

I also maintain he was a reach at 12 but his draft slot is a sunk cost at this point. Recent reports of PATFO seeing him as the PG of the future I still find puzzling.

Finally, your now famous line “Primo will be fine” I agree with. Just don’t see him as much more than role player over his career.

Thread Information