Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what you did there with the injury report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love me some Langford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget the passive impact GOAT candidates and HoFers have. They just do things a different way. We all should've remembered how different things were the year Tim left. Pop has that same impact. He's going to leave a massive hole when he's gone. Just like in 2016, the team might not drop off that much in performance. But the little things won't be there. They'll have to build them again, and it'll be a process. Pop was definitely one of the stories. Keldon was the headliner. KBD busting out one of his "legit rotation player" games when the team absolutely needed it was the side story. But Pop's system, and McDermott being unlocked due to Murray being gone are the main takeaway. Just as the Bubble gave us a glimpse into the offense Pop wanted, we're now seeing a more actualized version now that all of the ball-stoppers are finally gone. Johnson is developing into a star that doesn't need to hold the ball. He's actually only middle in the pack on the team in terms of seconds per touch according to NBA.com. Folks thinking this was possible with last year's roster and that the Spurs should've kept their PGs if they weren't tanking, you can see why they had to move on. If they can find more high-impact guys who can fit into this, then they'll take some steps forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, loved Romeo Langford's defense tonight. I love how hard he played. Looks like he also has some potential on offense, too. Hopefully he can get even more aggressive on that end. I am so glad the Spurs didn't cut him as we never heard much of him during the preseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD was the last man to make the team last year. Same for RL this year. And now both are in the rotation helping us get Ws against, supposed, quality opponents.

Pop gonna Pop, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is coaching his ass off, time to rest him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romeo is a lot better than Joe W. Glad they kept him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romeo is a lot better than Joe W. Glad they kept him.
    I really wonder if he was in danger of being cut, because it sure seemed like it towards the end of the preseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we're all supposed to be on team tank, but man is this team (and the winning) fun. While we all had some doubts (or were completely skeptical) - I think we all wanted Primo to work out. With him now gone, in many ways I feel like it has freed up the rotation for prospects that either have more potential, are a better fit, or are simply just more exciting to watch. So in that respect, it feels like addition by subtraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we're all supposed to be on team tank, but man is this team (and the winning) fun. While we all had some doubts (or were completely skeptical) - I think we all wanted Primo to work out. With him now gone, in many ways I feel like it has freed up the rotation for prospects that either have more potential, are a better fit, or are simply just more exciting to watch. So in that respect, it feels like addition by subtraction.
    The team has been doing the addition by subtraction thing for a while now but people refuse to believe in that concept. They thought we’d be much worse after DeMar left… that didn’t happen. And now, DJ… too early to tell, but it’s looking that way. Not everything should be viewed as binary. Plants grow better when you remove the obstacles that were blocking them from the sun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team has been doing the addition by subtraction thing for a while now but people refuse to believe in that concept. They thought we’d be much worse after DeMar left… that didn’t happen. And now, DJ… too early to tell, but it’s looking that way. Not everything should be viewed as binary. Plants grow better when you remove the obstacles that were blocking them from the sun.
    I think a lot of us had a feeling that Demar may not be a big blow, but many people are probably taken aback by our improvement in the most DJM world. And I'm willing to go out on a limb and say we'd be worse with DJM on this team. The style of play required for him to be the team's lead dog (and I think we can probably agree there is no way he would have let KJ take that spotlight from him as lead dog) just doesn't fit into the beautiful game we are playing now.

I remember in the summer, you (and myself, to a lesser extent) feeling that this team wouldn't be drastically worse in DJM's absence. I'm not sure either of expected us to be playing this much better though. Of course, we have been shooting very well and all of that could turn on a dime.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ‘chronic exposure, terminal’ had me laughing out loud for 30 seconds. Had to put the phone down and gather myself before continuing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang these Spurs for getting me excited to watch them play.

Another great performance. As much as a high draft pick would be great for the rebuild, winning is even better.

I’m still not flipping my 25 win prediction….yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, primo showed a lot of flashes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow just wow. Each player has sold to Pop’s egalitarian basketball, playing hard and they’re seeing the result. I like the game that Langford brought tonight. I hope it continuous. Blake I hope is okay be back soon. Just everything is crazy.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched some of Pop's post game interview and he seemed to be really excited about the young guys. He almost sounded like a fan with excitement and surprise at how well the young guys were playing as a team and also how good some of them were individually.

Talked about Romeo being really good defensively with his quick feet, long arms and anticipation. Talked about Sochan's game and even said when he gets a 3 point shot he's gonna be tough.

Rekon this group has got Pop juiced. Good to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “As a 30-year-old whose been on six or seven teams, I haven’t had this much fun playing basketball. It’s just been a joy to be a part of.” -Doug Mc

I get glimpses of the Grit&Grind Grizzlies mixed with the '14 Beautiful Basketball. I love the way we play right now and the players really seem to enjoy playing with each other.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What also impresses me: They don't give a about the Primo scandal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's get that 1st seed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guard corps of the future we had to begin last season is all gone, White, Murray, Primo. The team looks more dangerous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guard corps of the future we had to begin last season is all gone, White, Murray, Primo. The team looks more dangerous.
    Don’t forget Lonnie. Feels like just yesterday. The Spurs moved on a quick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget the passive impact GOAT candidates and HoFers have. They just do things a different way. We all should've remembered how different things were the year Tim left. Pop has that same impact. He's going to leave a massive hole when he's gone. Just like in 2016, the team might not drop off that much in performance. But the little things won't be there. They'll have to build them again, and it'll be a process. Pop was definitely one of the stories. Keldon was the headliner. KBD busting out one of his "legit rotation player" games when the team absolutely needed it was the side story. But Pop's system, and McDermott being unlocked due to Murray being gone are the main takeaway. Just as the Bubble gave us a glimpse into the offense Pop wanted, we're now seeing a more actualized version now that all of the ball-stoppers are finally gone. Johnson is developing into a star that doesn't need to hold the ball. He's actually only middle in the pack on the team in terms of seconds per touch according to NBA.com. Folks thinking this was possible with last year's roster and that the Spurs should've kept their PGs if they weren't tanking, you can see why they had to move on. If they can find more high-impact guys who can fit into this, then they'll take some steps forward.
    To me, this is the biggest issue when we talk about acquiring a PG over in the 'way to early pivot' thread. I don't want a ball stopper and I kind of feel like Fox is a ball stopper (although this isn't an anti-fox post just using him as an example). If we acquire someone I want guys who can move without the ball willingly and fit what we're doing. I've always believed this offense is a force multiplier and I want to lean into that structure with whomever we might target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, this is the biggest issue when we talk about acquiring a PG over in the 'way to early pivot' thread. I don't want a ball stopper and I kind of feel like Fox is a ball stopper (although this isn't an anti-fox post just using him as an example). If we acquire someone I want guys who can move without the ball willingly and fit what we're doing. I've always believed this offense is a force multiplier and I want to lean into that structure with whomever we might target.
    Basically a rich man’s Tre Jones that isn’t overpaid, whoever that is

It aint Ben Simmons, that’s for sure…

Someone like prime Chauncey Billups would be perfect for this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically a rich man’s Tre Jones that isn’t overpaid, whoever that is

It aint Ben Simmons, that’s for sure…

Someone like prime Chauncey Billups would be perfect for this team.
    Yep and I'm not sure but I think Tre still has some upside left to explore. So I'd be patient and real picky... Tre, and Blake if he's not hurt, and KJ seem like they can handle the job from night to night... Let's look for that 'Prime Chauncey' or the next TP but not force it by targeting a ball stopper..

Thread Information