Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s best that he goes to Austin and get as many minutes as he can to absorb the playbook and tighten aspects of his game that need to be worked on.

Hopefully he dominates in the G-League, while helping the team win a bunch of games. Him and Trae Jones should be a really good backcourt in Austin. up in Austin he can work on playing off and on the ball (he has actually shown to be already pretty good) even more seamlessly, he can tighten his handles, learn more about the offensive plays the Spurs like to run, and also the defensive schemes.

it is nothing wrong with going to Austin for some of these young guys and the players who showed in practice that they could help with the main club got run with the main club. Folks tend to forget about (most recently) Kawhi and Vassell (along with other players in the past) both getting a minutes as a rookie on this team with the very same head coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see that too. Tatum reminds me of Kobe.. as such Primo really reminds me of Kobe as well with his demeanor and at ude. You see it come out on the court when someone blankets him and he splashes it in their face.

He has a..dare I say...Mamba Mentality. (Darn the interwebs for making me say that)

He is nowhere near the amazing athlete Kobe was, but the kid is an athlete and has a burst showing up once or twice a game in the preseason I hadn't seen in college tape. Awareness is very good. Was really impressed with his patience on plays last game. He pulled back on a switch and I was for sure he was going to let it fly with the spacing he got, but he knew the whole time where it was going. The mismatch created down low. Easy two points. May seem like a little thing to some, but that was big to me in his ability to be a true difference maker later on.

His Mentality could make him special.
    It's the "always a step ahead" to his game that the superstars in this league have...and he's only **checks notes** 18

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you just don’t get it Primo will hopefully continue to prove you doubters wrong.... 18 wow!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kids definitely not ready

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kids definitely not ready
    Beal abused him,mainly physically. Got so bad, they had to bring Lonnie in to defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beal abused him,mainly physically. Got so bad, they had to bring Lonnie in to defend.
    Will learn more from those 5 minutes than he will in 5 games "defending" G-League talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will learn more from those 5 minutes than he will in 5 games "defending" G-League talent.
    Facts! Ppl don't understand a HUGE part of playing NBA defense is learning the tendencies of players... U don't do that by playing trash ass d league talent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Lonnie never has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes says hi!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so the all star got the better of an 18 y/0 who isn't ready?! Shocked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so the all star got the better of an 18 y/0 who isn't ready?! Shocked
    If he is put into the rotation now, that will happen on a nearly nightly basis. Not the greatest learning environment, getting your ass handed to you on the regular. Teach the techniques, and apply them in Austin. He’ll be more ready after that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s earning minutes with his effort on defense and overall play as a team player. Primo is a smart kid it appears and is really comfortable in his role ( will expand as time goes on )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is put into the rotation now, that will happen on a nearly nightly basis. Not the greatest learning environment, getting your ass handed to you on the regular. Teach the techniques, and apply them in Austin. He’ll be more ready after that.
    Rudy Gay sonning Kawhi ruined his development

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird. Primo played a game in the NBA and he didn’t die. I just hope his development isn’t ruined by this mistake going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay sonning Kawhi ruined his development
    Older. More NCAA experience. Was actually the focal point at SDSU. Better NBA body when he got here. Surrounded by HOF players, and not expected to carry the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ]If he is put into the rotation now, that will happen on a nearly nightly basis[/B]. Not the greatest learning environment, getting your ass handed to you on the regular. Teach the techniques, and apply them in Austin. He’ll be more ready after that.
    Based off what? He got scored on twice by one of the best scorers in the world lmao relax. The first time it was a straight drive to the basket after Tre jones got blocked and the Wizards pushed the ball and Beal noticed Jakob was covering Avdija at the corner three and Beal just drove and took a layup with no rim protection. The second time Josh and Jakob in the P&R and Josh committed to the pick and Beal went the opposite way and went by him and he did a layup over Tre Jones. Where are you getting abused physically from?

Also it didn't get so bad that they had to put Lonnie in to defend lmao. Pop simply cut Lonnies 3rd quarter rotation minutes in half with Primo and gave them to him. Primo was the first off the bench in the second half just how Lonnie always is and then around the three minute mark Lonnie was subbed in for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo would develop better in this team than in Austin imo. In Austin he's thrust into the alpha role and expected to carry the team. All the focus is on him. Here he's just a role player and can develop in an environment where he's not expected to be the focus. 10-12 minutes a night here would do wonders for his development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be facing other bench players. He will also be learning directly from Pop and playing a role that he is actually GOING to play. Playing Alpha in the GL and then playing spot minutes once every 3 games doesn't actually help him at all. He then has to learn a completely new role on the main team that iss vastly different than his role in the GL. That is what actually hurts his development.

Also at your take. He got scored on so his development is ruined

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I been saying this since the year begin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of like him playing for Austin and also some minutes in SA as well, having completely different roles.

We can argue a lot about it but the objective truth is none of us know enough to make an informed judgement about what his best development path is. This doesn't mean that the Spurs are necessarily right to do it their way but it's impossible to prove. If he plays in Austin this season, then gets a regular role his 2nd year and does well people will say that he should have been in SA from the beginning, and if he struggles they'll say his time in Austin's been useless. There are plenty of examples either way, but people are different and we can only hope that he turns into a good NBA player. He's younger than most players projected in the lottery for next year's draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad he played! Finally!
    He looked ready to go, meaning he was up for the challenge. you could see it in his body language.

Yeah of course he will be shown up quite a bit but thats what happens when you are a rookie. And you learn from it and you get better because of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based off what? He got scored on twice by one of the best scorers in the world lmao relax. The first time it was a straight drive to the basket after Tre jones got blocked and the Wizards pushed the ball and Beal noticed Jakob was covering Avdija at the corner three and Beal just drove and took a layup with no rim protection. The second time Josh and Jakob in the P&R and Josh committed to the pick and Beal went the opposite way and went by him and he did a layup over Tre Jones. Where are you getting abused physically from?

Also it didn't get so bad that they had to put Lonnie in to defend lmao. Pop simply cut Lonnies 3rd quarter rotation minutes in half with Primo and gave them to him. Primo was the first off the bench in the second half just how Lonnie always is and then around the three minute mark Lonnie was subbed in for him.
    Beal bumped him hard enough to knock him to the ground. He’s not ready physically. That second physical play was when Pop pulled him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo would develop better in this team than in Austin imo. In Austin he's thrust into the alpha role and expected to carry the team. All the focus is on him. Here he's just a role player and can develop in an environment where he's not expected to be the focus. 10-12 minutes a night here would do wonders for his development.
    If you want an alpha, you have to develop an alpha. I don’t know if he is or not, but he won’t be if he’s developed as a role player in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Older. More NCAA experience. Was actually the focal point at SDSU. Better NBA body when he got here. Surrounded by HOF players, and not expected to carry the team.
    kawhi did not have anything resembling a "focal point" skill set as a rookie

astonishingly he improved despite not spending time in the gleague to hone those skills

Thread Information