Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1624
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have the inside scoop so I’d hope they are right but I’d qualify that with the caveat it doesn’t seem like other league execs see Primo the way we supposedly do. I’m not even convinced that internally PATFO see him that way. More a case of keeping his confidence high while they attempt to groom him.
    He's never looked like a fragile guy, as far as ego and temperament.
    He looks like a dude who just goes out there and does what he does and when someone tells him different, he does that with little shiv. Change the shooting mechanics? Okay. Shot percentage fall off? Keeps his head up and does what he's told.
    Told to play a different position with different responsibilities? Okay. He makes mistakes and gets TO's? Never hangs a head. Keeps pushing.
    I've watched all of his minutes (just because I find it therapeutic for when I'm stressed with work sometimes) last year and he does not look like a guy who needs his confidence stroked at all.
    He looks like a soldier that keeps moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been pretty tuned in lately i’d argue. We are all pretty damn blind but if you have followed this team for long enough should at least have a sense of how we operate and not jump to conclusions on twitter rumours. The flip side of that is PATFO has had a very mixed track record the last 5 yrs.
    I have reasons more convincing to me that say otherwise but I’m not going to get into it because I’m not trying to stir up. To each his own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly no one is infallible, but if events go down... what do you think?
    DJM gets traded. No PG is brought in to replace.
    Who is the starter, given what's been "reported"?
    Tre?
    Maybe.
    You think this team goes full tank and sends in Primo to absorb the lumps on-the-job?
    I think it's an interesting thought-experiment, in case the DJM rumors run true.
    I feel like Wesley is the guy they’ll groom to be that guy if anything happens with DJ, not Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never looked like a fragile guy, as far as ego and temperament.
    He looks like a dude who just goes out there and does what he does and when someone tells him different, he does that with little shiv. Change the shooting mechanics? Okay. Shot percentage fall off? Keeps his head up and does what he's told.
    Told to play a different position with different responsibilities? Okay. He makes mistakes and gets TO's? Never hangs a head. Keeps pushing.
    I've watched all of his minutes (just because I find it therapeutic for when I'm stressed with work sometimes) last year and he does not look like a guy who needs his confidence stroked at all.
    He looks like a soldier that keeps moving forward.
    Can’t disagree with any of that and probably a big part of why PATFO thinks they can develop/groom him. They are also fully invested in him whether they like it or not. He has no trade value at this point and if he is really blossoming it has been behind closed doors for only the Spurs to see. Sure has not been on the court in the G-League or in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t disagree with any of that and probably a big part of why PATFO thinks they can develop/groom him. They are also fully invested in him whether they like it or not. He has no trade value at this point and if he is really blossoming it has been behind closed doors for only the Spurs to see. Sure has not been on the court in the G-League or in the NBA.
    Yeah. There's the conundrum.
    I guess we have no choice, but to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Wesley is the guy they’ll groom to be that guy if anything happens with DJ, not Primo.
    Huh.
    Okay.
    I don't see it, but I'm not going to argue over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh.
    Okay.
    I don't see it, but I'm not going to argue over it.
    Just for clarification, I’m not saying Blake is the starter at the start of the season. I think Tre will. This isn’t an attack on Primo’s capabilities, I’m going by how the Spurs used him in NBA games. I think he can still become a good to great player— just not at the point due to his mobility. Yes, I’m aware of his passing abilities. But passing abilities don’t always equal the player being a full on point guard. Just look at Manu. He can use those passing abilities as a wing and it will complement the team’s schemes just fine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got you. I’m on the same Primo train as you.
    I appreciate it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ur still my Miss Cleo!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ur still my Miss Cleo!
    I’ll be that…… I’m just waiting you out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo fckn SUAVE

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Primo. My draft day disgust passed pretty quickly. But I never really saw the guy as a pg. Seems like he could be a crafty scorer that could feed off of space with open jumpers too. Not a primary ball handler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    once I see Primo consistently dance on defenders and then hit a pull up 3 in their face, I'll buy the starpower

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Primo. My draft day disgust passed pretty quickly. But I never really saw the guy as a pg. Seems like he could be a crafty scorer that could feed off of space with open jumpers too. Not a primary ball handler.
    Yeah his ball handling is no where near where it needs to be yet to be a primary ball handler, he was getting ripped at half court last year. I think PATFO think his passing vision is one of the best on the team, even though he was a turnover machine last year but he did show some flashes of impressive vision. Right now Tre is the best passer on the team right now, other than him there is no clear cut guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    once I see Primo consistently dance on defenders and then hit a pull up 3 in their face, I'll buy the starpower
    No one needs you to buy the starpower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turnovers turnovers everywhere

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is gonna be epic……. We have some moves to still make ladies and gents! Enjoy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sorry but I trust Spurs coaching than any ST posters in evaluating talent. If they’re willing to let a homegrown star for this kid. Then this kid must really be something. That they were able to mark Kawhi at 15, and to trade a favorite player to get him. That’s the vibes I’m getting on Primo. As if they cleared the slate and rebuild around him. That’s freakin crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sorry but I trust Spurs coaching than any ST posters in evaluating talent. If they’re willing to let a homegrown star for this kid. Then this kid must really be something. That they were able to mark Kawhi at 15, and to trade a favorite player to get him. That’s the vibes I’m getting on Primo. As if they cleared the slate and rebuild around him. That’s freakin crazy.
    Totally agree. They absolute see something there which is why I'm adamant the kid will be good as a wing (2 or 3). I just do not see that he's shown or will be able to show, that he can run the point given his limitations (tendency for turning it over, nor having even average NBA explosiveness)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops drafted last years lotto pick who would have been this years second rounder is gonna save the Spurs.
    Believe it when you see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one needs you to buy the starpower.
    His teammates will. If they feel like they're having a player that can fulfill the role forced into a spot, they'll resent it after awhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This highlight reel is sick and doing this at 18, kid is younger than 8 of the lottery picks selected in this years draft. His game is aesthetically pleasing, can't wait to watch him develop.

Thread Information