Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is getting minutes he needs at a position he can’t play yet in the NBA which is PG/SG. If you had him playing this role as a starter in the big team he would get killed. His whole college career was run to corner and shoot the 3 ball yeah he was drafted caused he showed he has some handles and could be more then a 3 and D player but that takes work and a lot of reps. I like he is getting minutes with both teams and think in the long road it will help him out

I think if you look at Vassell he clearly would have benefited from playin G League I think him not being able to get that opportunity has hurt his development.
    Couldn't agree more. I could understand the GL criticism when Primo was exclusively playing there, even though I disagreed. But now? He's getting the best of both worlds, tbh. He's playing a somewhat consistent bench role for the Spurs, AND a top-dog role in Austin. Why anyone would be mad about this diversifying of skills/practices is baffling.

And I'd have loved to see more Vassell in GL. He certainly looks like he could've used some more polishing on the offensive end, especially regarding being confident in his shot/calling his own number and finding ways to score even when the 3 isn't falling. But maybe it was playing in the Cursed GL at all that corrupted him...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Primo is our second highest draft pick so he is a top draft pick. he might not be a #1 guy but a lotto pick nonetheless. If we truly believe in our player development it should be with the big boys not the YMCA crew. Also Primo isn't on a contender. It's fine to send our top pick when its White and he's the 29th pick and we have Kawhi and are beasting. But on a bad team, you play your players even if they are young. The GL route is for role players. If that's the ceiling you think Primo is at then this is the perfect route for him. He doesn't need to be Lebron, but if you want him at an allstar level or believe he has that type of potential then you don't go the route of full time GL

2. Pop gives him zero coaching when he's in Austin. He has 15 other players, 7 other assistant coaches, and basketball operations to run. The dude isn't facetiming Primo. He does a short, once a week meeting with his Austin coaches, and they probably facetime him and that's the extent of it. Also as far as practice goes it's almost guratneed thee same thing. Primo works with different assistants while Pop works with the actual team.

3. I know he was the 4th option in Bama. That's what I would like for him to start off as with us. Play hard and defer in the beginning. The thing is that it takes waay longer to play as the man than just a one year stint in the GL. He's not gonna go oh I remember this one time in the GL I did this. He has to practice on actual pros to be the man not buncha YMCA stiffs. I mean Sammich puts up 28 and 12 so don't tell me there's a high quality of players there. So yes this is a waste of time in this regard. If you're gonna play him in both then I can argue that it's not a waste, but this whole year in Austin thing while barely playing in the pros isn't a good development strategy.
    1. Why did you jump over everything I wrote about top draft picks and why they skip the GL, only to make a painfully obvious observation? Yes, Primo is our "top pick"... Which doesn't at all mean that he's got a high enough floor to get NBA minutes off the gate, both body-wise and skill-wise. He's pulled some nice moves and shots over the last few games (BTW, notice how he's been getting consistent bench NBA minutes... Shocking!) but also a fair share of blunders and "overmatchedness". Why do you think the "player development" aspect of the Spurs doesn't include Austin in its picture, given it's such a prominent feature of the Spurs' program? . Entirely disagree that, given a bad team, you just drop your players into the fire and let them burn. As you yourself said, KAT and numerous other players have been negatively impacted by that. The Spurs are wiser... Or at least, they try to be, I guess.

2. Pop coaches him up all the time, at practices (where he's with the Spurs team) and in-game too. Literally saw him talking to Primo this very night during the game. I truly wonder what kind of Old Man Sage you think Pop can't impart to Primo if he's off to Austin for a few days/weeks.... But I assure you, it's not as important as you think. Again, Pop is not the be-all end-all of development, and numerous coaches aid in this department (recent example with Lonnie and Manu, just to name one). I don't know where you got this idea that Primo is somehow "missing out" on Pop but it's ludicrous and demonstrably false if you watch the games.

3. So, you want him to play... As he played tonight? Where he had 1 FGA and deferred & defended while he was on the court? Damn, if only my wishes were so easily granted...

Of course he's not gonna go "oh, I remember this one time in the GL..." in the middle of an NBA game . That's not how practice works. You train and train and repeat exercises until your body does them without thinking - which is exactly why the development he gets in Austin isn't quantifiable. You can't do video sessions of in-game reps, and you can't get in-game reps if you're not on the top of the pecking order. Not to be repe ive, but tonight's game is a PERFECT example of what I said to you in my last comment.... Did Primo get "the man" ball-handling and playmaking duties tonight? Not in the slightest. He got "role-player" reps, which is absolutely fine and an important part of his development, too. But I want him running the PnR to death, over and over and over again, until he gets it right... And again, he's not gonna do that on the Spurs, no matter how blatant the "tank" ever gets. There's simply a pecking order and he's nowhere near the top of it.

Lastly, can you tell me once again why it's bad that Primo goes to the GL, when he's also getting playing time in the NBA? As I just wrote - I could see the issue when the picture was, one OR the other... Now he's getting both. Where's the god damned issue in that, if you'd be so kind as to answer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, remind me to never argue with you again, Chino. What a uselessly tiresome debate. I'll do this one last time and we can call it a day afterwards, m'kay?

The way Cho phrased their post, this is true. But I don't think anyone is seriously making the argument that Primo could never be assigned to Austin at all or that there aren't good players who've played any time in the d-league.
    Uh, are you ignoring the denizens of posts on this very board calling into question the very substance of the GL and whether or not it's useful at all for any player to go there, dismissing the entire league as "lesser players" and therefore not something Primo should even bother with? I can get you quotes if you want... But I got the feeling this'll be long enough as-is.

This is having an argument that I don't think anyone else is having. The argument isn't over whether the d-league can help. It's over whether the reasons to assign Primo to the d-league make sense. In that scope, showing that future NBA players aren't the ones playing lots of d-league games in high-usage roles is totally relevant, because that's what some people have literally suggested Primo needs.
    This is where I start to hit my brain on the keeb. How could it not make sense to assign a rookie to a program where he'll get significantly more on-ball usage, a significantly different role to what he'll ALSO GET on the main squad, and the ability to make as many mistakes as he wants without "serious" repercussions? I begin to suspect you're obtuse for the sake of arguing. If it doesn't make sense to you, that's one thing... But to frame "the argument" around this is ludicrous. And tbh, there's no significant GL data on "high usage roles" because there's a league-wide stigma against it, which I'm glad to see the Spurs countering consistently (and reaping the benefits of, but of course you disagree re:development so we won't see eye-to-eye on this, anyhow). The Ignite program, the yearly increase in NBA players assigned to the GL, and the newly-formed Portland (and Denver if I'm not mistaken?) GL teams are all proof that the GL is quickly gaining traction and more serious recognition as a developmental league.

No one's arguing over whether Josh would be ruined if he played five or six games there.
    And yet there's forum-wide meltdowns whenever he's assigned there, even though he's been playing both leagues recently, as I thought he would in time. Yawn.

We aren't arguing over what the Spurs think. They can think whatever, and it won't be affected by us. What I'm talking about is what posters think. You know this, hence why you (mis)quote me saying "defending this decision" rather than "making this decision". I don't think posters have rationally worked their way into defending the decision to send Primo back to Austin. Why I said that has been the content of basically all of my subsequent contributions to this thread. What I'm not doing is "[COLOR=#000000]realm of hypothesis trying to pass off as fact" -- that's just a lame attempt to cry for a whistle. I led the post off by saying "I think...", and thusly did not try to pass it off like it's anything other than my interpretation. More importantly, though, even if I hadn't said explicitly that it was my opinion, that doesn't mean that I'm saying it's a fact. That's not how English works. That kind of statement cannot be a fact -- it can only be a belief. So no matter how strongly I stated it, it's not going to be a fact. I know this. I assume you know this. So we don't have to keep wasting time on that type of rebuttal.
    Sheesh, all this for a single word off the "misquote"? It wasn't like that, lmao. Yes, you saying there is "no rationale" behind the decision to send Primo to the GL (or whatever you textually said, I'm not quoting you there FYI) is absolutely a baseless, Chino-made fabrication, which runs contrary to the Spurs' developmental program. We can argue until the cows come home and Primo retires from the NBA as to whether it's the best developmental course of action... But to frame it as an irrational decision is weird and dumb, IMO. I don't care enough about it to keep arguing about this though, if you didn't say that then I'm glad you didn't.

I'm going to go ahead and try to work this into the form I think you meant it to be. I said there isn't evidence that high-usage roles in the d-league is a necessary or at least more ideal method to develop players than getting lower-usage minutes in the NBA. (...) I assume you're not trying to frame what I'm saying disingenuously and just got tangled up in your words. However, it's also possible that you have been misunderstanding what I've been saying.
    Now you're twisting my words?? You gotta be a better sport about this . Joking, joking.

Why don't we look at it this way: in the NBA, a statistically significant portion of "high-usage players" (aka stars) are top draft picks. Said picks are sent to the worst teams in the league, who often are dearth of talent and have no problem putting the draftee in a pedestal, chuck-fest role if they want to. I was just talking with Kobe about how numerous players, like KAT (or Dlo, I really dislike his game) were hampered by this approach. I tend to agree with Dejounte on this - if there were one, proven, single way to develop prospects, literally every single team would follow it and busts wouldn't be nearly as high as they are. Given that there's no such thing, however, teams develop players as best they see fit - and for the Spurs, that includes a GL stint of varying duration, which usually ends when the prospect rises head-and-shoulders above the compe ion (take Keldon "graduating" much earlier than Sammich for a clear example of this).

Again, you seem (i)rationally down on the Spurs' developmental abilities, so we'll have to disagree there, but to me, there's no evidence that the Spurs are worse off sending prospects to the GL than the alternative. Their consistent over-production on bad picks is a testament to that. Can the same system adapt and find success for top lottery talent? We'll see - but there's simply no data to show that it won't. At best, that it hasn't happened yet - and there's a first time for everything.

So I've definitely addressed this multiple times. The idea that Primo is getting on-ball minutes in Austin and would not likely see that role in SA is not contested ground. I don't know if you've skipped over most of what I wrote, but in the post that you literally (mis)quote, I talk about that. I really think you should go back and read what I actually write before trying to come in here and pick it apart.
    Brother, I don't keep up with what you post nearly enough to know what and where you've adressed what... Lmao. So - you've seen tonight's game, I presume. You've seen Primo not get to run plays, have to defer the ball, spot up for others in the corner, and basically be a non-factor en y (1 FGA and 2pts). In the post that I (mis)quoted, you say literally "Primo shouldn't be going back into the d-league". Why? So he can continue to not get these ball-handling, PnR-running, distributing and playmaking duties like he did tonight? Yes, Pop's rotations are arbitrary to himself, and I'm one in a long list of people who have an issue with some of them, as you are (cough, Forbes). But the fact remains that, as long as Primo's just a rookie surrounded by older, higher-paid, contract-seeking "vets", he won't get nearly the same opportunity that he does in Austin. There is no reason, therefore, why he shouldn't take the opportunity to further practice and work on his game while in Austin... Again, he's 19 FFS. He can perfectly manage both loads, especially if he's gonna "cardio" his way through games like he did tonight.

----------

Phew! That was long. It's funny that you see my position as irrational, when now that Primo's getting minutes in both clubs, the main rationale behind the anti-GL crowd is gone. We can't all agree, I guess. But one thing's for certain: Spurs are gonna stick to their developmental guns, for better and worse. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see our next pick get GL burn, much to ST mayhem. We'll see in a couple years how it turns out...
    Last edited by Sugus; 01-15-2022 at 02:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, that was pretty much it, folks, I'm done for the night. Carry on with business as usual .

I'll say about tonight's Primo performance: while his offense needs a lot of tuning still, I'm consistently impressed with his defensive positioning/ability/hustle. He had a couple of impressive saves tonight, some nice blocks (I think at least one was credited to him but could swear I counted 2), and except for some missed rotations, he's much "bigger" on the court than I was expecting of him. BUT..... he dies on screens. Every. Single. Time. He's gonna have to learn to navigate those unless the Spurs start running a Rockettes-style, switch-everything defense, because he was dying on one single pick tonight, DeRozan style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Primo has shown he probably has the best court vision on the team, but honestly these minutes he's playing aren't worth very much imo. He's not playing all that great, he looks overmatched and defers all the damn time. When Tre is back, I'd rather see what Tre has in those minutes than Primo. Primo is years away from being able to really contribute to this team. After watching him play more, I don't believe he can be a really meaningful contributor this year and they have other guards to figure out their futures before then. I just don't see a real plus to playing the guy minutes right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, remind me to never argue with you again, Chino. What a uselessly tiresome debate. I'll do this one last time and we can call it a day afterwards, m'kay?
    Dude don't be a sniviling whiner. You were the one who was annoyed that I didn't engage you directly. Now you're trying to call foul. You're always welcome to not engage, but you can do that by not engaging rather than complaining about why you have to engage while continuing to do so.

I did make the mistake of responding to everything before looking at the preview and going nope . Won't get that part of my life back. So yeah, I'm paring it down significantly. I'm going to make the good-faith effort to assume you're cool with talking about specific points about Primo and will understand that I'm pushing everything else into "agree to disagree" because there's no point in arguing about that stuff anymore and will just leave it there rather than trying to trawl it up later.

Lmao. So - you've seen tonight's game, I presume. You've seen Primo not get to run plays, have to defer the ball, spot up for others in the corner, and basically be a non-factor en y (1 FGA and 2pts). In the post that I (mis)quoted, you say literally "Primo shouldn't be going back into the d-league". Why? So he can continue to not get these ball-handling, PnR-running, distributing and playmaking duties like he did tonight? Yes, Pop's rotations are arbitrary to himself, and I'm one in a long list of people who have an issue with some of them, as you are (cough, Forbes). But the fact remains that, as long as Primo's just a rookie surrounded by older, higher-paid, contract-seeking "vets", he won't get nearly the same opportunity that he does in Austin. There is no reason, therefore, why he shouldn't take the opportunity to further practice and work on his game while in Austin... Again, he's 19 FFS. He can perfectly manage both loads, especially if he's gonna "cardio" his way through games like he did tonight.
    Why do you think Primo plays PG in Austin? Do you think it's because he has the best PG skills? It's not. It's because the Spurs told the Toros staff to play Josh there. That's it. Whether Primo gets plays called for him or gets ball-handling responsibility is completely up to what the coaches say. So how is it that Primo, in a unit where he was specifically playing PG, doesn't get ball-handling duties? Because the Spurs' coaches didn't say for him to. The idea that Primo had to defer to vets could have worked last year with the old heads around. Who is Josh deferring to now? Forbes? Walker?. Come on, man. Plenty of d-league teams -- including the Toros -- have vet players on there too that are used to getting big roles when the Spurs don't have a send-down dominating the ball. If it were nearly a matter of older guys having too much pride to let Primo play, then he would face those challenges in both leagues.

Any constraint on Primo's role and minutes with SA are fabrications. Pop has the power and opportunity to give Primo solid minutes and his share of scoring chances. Would Primo be able to dribble the air out of the ball as the most talented player on the floor? Probably not, but as I've said, that's not a good thing for him anyway. I think 20 minutes of NBA minutes learning to pick his spots is way more valuable than 30-plus minutes in Austin as the main guy. Players don't develop over one montage. It takes years and years to reach their peak. Primo isn't going to come back from a year of big minutes in Austin and be the first option in SA. As you've mentioned, the team politics would prevent that even if the talent were there. Instead, he's going to have to come in and pick his spots and continue to develop as the Spurs hand him more responsibility... basically what he'd be doing if he just stayed in SA. Would he be getting the 1000 PnRs with some future UPS driver? No, or rather not until he off-season when he meets up with specialized coaches who'll take the six months the player has off and actually develop his game, the same way ever other player develops, regardless of where they play in the regular season.
    Last edited by Chinook; 01-15-2022 at 09:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Why did you jump over everything I wrote about top draft picks and why they skip the GL, only to make a painfully obvious observation? Yes, Primo is our "top pick"... Which doesn't at all mean that he's got a high enough floor to get NBA minutes off the gate, both body-wise and skill-wise. He's pulled some nice moves and shots over the last few games (BTW, notice how he's been getting consistent bench NBA minutes... Shocking!) but also a fair share of blunders and "overmatchedness". Why do you think the "player development" aspect of the Spurs doesn't include Austin in its picture, given it's such a prominent feature of the Spurs' program? . Entirely disagree that, given a bad team, you just drop your players into the fire and let them burn. As you yourself said, KAT and numerous other players have been negatively impacted by that. The Spurs are wiser... Or at least, they try to be, I guess.

2. Pop coaches him up all the time, at practices (where he's with the Spurs team) and in-game too. Literally saw him talking to Primo this very night during the game. I truly wonder what kind of Old Man Sage you think Pop can't impart to Primo if he's off to Austin for a few days/weeks.... But I assure you, it's not as important as you think. Again, Pop is not the be-all end-all of development, and numerous coaches aid in this department (recent example with Lonnie and Manu, just to name one). I don't know where you got this idea that Primo is somehow "missing out" on Pop but it's ludicrous and demonstrably false if you watch the games.

3. So, you want him to play... As he played tonight? Where he had 1 FGA and deferred & defended while he was on the court? Damn, if only my wishes were so easily granted...

Of course he's not gonna go "oh, I remember this one time in the GL..." in the middle of an NBA game . That's not how practice works. You train and train and repeat exercises until your body does them without thinking - which is exactly why the development he gets in Austin isn't quantifiable. You can't do video sessions of in-game reps, and you can't get in-game reps if you're not on the top of the pecking order. Not to be repe ive, but tonight's game is a PERFECT example of what I said to you in my last comment.... Did Primo get "the man" ball-handling and playmaking duties tonight? Not in the slightest. He got "role-player" reps, which is absolutely fine and an important part of his development, too. But I want him running the PnR to death, over and over and over again, until he gets it right... And again, he's not gonna do that on the Spurs, no matter how blatant the "tank" ever gets. There's simply a pecking order and he's nowhere near the top of it.

Lastly, can you tell me once again why it's bad that Primo goes to the GL, when he's also getting playing time in the NBA? As I just wrote - I could see the issue when the picture was, one OR the other... Now he's getting both. Where's the god damned issue in that, if you'd be so kind as to answer?
    Bc there are other hits too when playing a player out the gate. Like Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitc . There are both bad and good things about playing high draft players. I used Towns as an example of bad player development bc that’s what Minny has. If you think we have good player development then we should just play him

Pop does coach him sure but at the end of the day if Primo is off in Austin the whole time then that’s where I differ with the whole that’s good for his development.

Ideally, Primo would’ve been past this stage by now and gotten more used to playing with his teammates. This is the stage I wanted him at yea but like in the beginning of the year and then he learns his role and gels better with his teammates. Kinda like Vasell last year who started off slow then learned what the duck he should be doing and then improved as the season continued. He’s basically at October Primo instead of January Primo and that’s bc of lack of playing time.

Also he’s not going to get that many reps in Austin of pic n roll where it’s going to be hammered into him. That’s not really how it works and that’s my point. Let’s say he runs pick n roll 300 times in Austin and then the next year he comes up and plays and runs pick n roll 20 times and the next year 40. Those Austin reps aren’t going to mean . That’s what I mean when I say we are wasting time with it. If you want to have John learn pick n roll then you have to do it EVERY year not just one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    …. BUT..... he dies on screens. Every. Single. Time. He's gonna have to learn to navigate those …

You’ve made me curious about what you thought you were watching. In point of fact, Primo did the right thing on screens. Every. Single. Time. He usually went under screens to help defend against roll action. With the size advantage the Cavs had, the Spurs needed the inside defense, and Primo did a nice job of it.

What is it you thought was wrong with that?

There was one time where Primo went over a screen, and it may have appeared he got beaten, but Mobley hooked his arm. It was a foul, not called.

But again, what is it you think he should have been doing? Do tell.

Also, did anybody notice that when Primo was in the game he was playing PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ve made me curious about what you thought you were watching. In point of fact, Primo did the right thing on screens. Every. Single. Time. He usually went under screens to help defend against roll action. With the size advantage the Cavs had, the Spurs needed the inside defense, and Primo did a nice job of it.

What is it you thought was wrong with that?

There was one time where Primo went over a screen, and it may have appeared he got beaten, but Mobley hooked his arm. It was a foul, not called.

But again, what is it you think he should have been doing? Do tell.

Also, did anybody notice that when Primo was in the game he was playing PG?
    Yup. Noticed that, and commented to some friends on a group text. You can see that they eventually want the ball in his hands, I also told the guys that after his time with the big club, the gleague defenders are going to look like high schoolers. I expect that his game, his stats, and his confidence are going to soar when he gets assigned, probably later this weekend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21-6-5 and 5 steals along with 7 turnovers. Not concerned about his turnovers whatsoever at this point given his inexperience against grown men playing PG. He's light years ahead in terms of vision right now than probably every Spur rookie besides White who was also 5 years older than Primo his rookie year.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21-6-5 and 5 steals along with 7 turnovers. Not concerned about his turnovers whatsoever at this point given his inexperience against grown men playing PG. He's light years ahead in terms of vision right now than probably every Spur rookie besides White who was also 5 years older than Primo his rookie year.
    This is the kinda progress you can make when you put in work on the main and the g. There’s no reason to rush this kid. Let the potential grow at a reasonable pace.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we probably shouldn't worry about turnovers when he's playing with barely-pros that he also doesn't know well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo played 33 minutes, 21 pts, 5 assists, 6 rebounds, 6 for 11 shooting, 2 for 4 from 3, 5 steals, 7 turnovers and -13 in a 3 pt victory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see why people thought he’d go higher in this coming draft has he stayed at Alabama another year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12-1-2 5 fouls 4 turnovers and 3-17 tonight. God damn lol. I’m not sure if the back and forth is messing with him who knows, but damn a rough game. Honestly just rather have him having a consistent role on the spurs and playing with DJ and Derrick and getting easy looks and build his confidence with a fan base that clearly loves him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not going to be consistent in either league. He's young and raw. That's why worrying about him reaching a certain threshold of consistency is a waste of time. He's already too talented to fit in Austin. He's been that way since he was drafted. But he's going to take years to really develop, and that's not all happening in the d-league no matter how badly some fans want it to work that way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not going to be consistent in either league. He's young and raw. That's why worrying about him reaching a certain threshold of consistency is a waste of time. He's already too talented to fit in Austin. He's been that way since he was drafted. But he's going to take years to really develop, and that's not all happening in the d-league no matter how badly some fans want it to work that way.
    And he is going to be in it no matter how much you are against it, so just drop it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most player development, vitamins as the Spurs call it, happens off the game floor, and there’s more time for it during Austin’s 50 game season than SAs 82 game season. You work on a skill one on one with the coach for a period of time. When he decides you’re ready, you’re allowed to use it in practice. After further evaluation, you’ll be allowed to use it in a game. That’s each skill. Rocker step. Triple threat position. Pick and roll. Crossover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he is going to be in it no matter how much you are against it, so just drop it.
    I forgot how we all vote on the other basketball decisions the team makes. If you don't want to talk about it, don't. But I'm not going to stop commenting as it's relevant.

Also A Pacers Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't understand how anyone could have watched primo's ball handling in the big leagues and think he will get meaningfully better playing in the nba on ball. the dleague is the best place for him to get on ball reps. i can't believe this is even a discussion that people are having.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most player development, vitamins as the Spurs call it, happens off the game floor, and there’s more time for it during Austin’s 50 game season than SAs 82 game season. You work on a skill one on one with the coach for a period of time. When he decides you’re ready, you’re allowed to use it in practice. After further evaluation, you’ll be allowed to use it in a game. That’s each skill. Rocker step. Triple threat position. Pick and roll. Crossover.
    Can you further give us some behind the scenes looks at how Spurs coaches worked with Bryn on defense before bringing him on as a full time starter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you further give us some behind the scenes looks at how Spurs coaches worked with Bryn on defense before bringing him on as a full time starter?
    Ex read the Popovich player development version of the kamasutra. Brynn is very flexible on the defensive end.

Those weren’t vitamins though; rohypnol or roofies as some call it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't understand how anyone could have watched primo's ball handling in the big leagues and think he will get meaningfully better playing in the nba on ball. the dleague is the best place for him to get on ball reps. i can't believe this is even a discussion that people are having.
    dejounte's ball handling improved plenty by playing in the big leagues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It helped a lot. Especially being on the ball," Primo said about his time with Austin. "It helped me feel a lot more comfortable bringing the ball up the floor. Coming off the screen. Making reads."

And Primo agrees with Bozic that Austin is the place to clean things up.

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports...0-8bda5e09bb4c

Thread Information