Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They took a guard that can shoot. I was excited about the change in direction for the franchise tbh
    Not only that - they took a guard that can shoot, and play the off-ball game already. So many of our guards need the ball directly in their hands to be effective and can't reliably space the floor without it, yet this guy's only 18 and already has that skillset down. Growing his on-ball skills could be easier than teaching Dejounte how to be a natural distributing PG. Plus, folks knock at the pick due to his supposed lack of athleticism... Lonnie has athleticism down to a T, yet is quite deficient in many areas of the game.

Primo is a sight for sore eyes in a lot of ways once you get past his drafting position. I'm very intrigued by the idea of the FO pivoting to a "new youth" movement tbh, we'll get some clearer pictures after FA but I'm in on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only that - they took a guard that can shoot, and play the off-ball game already. So many of our guards need the ball directly in their hands to be effective and can't reliably space the floor without it, yet this guy's only 18 and already has that skillset down. Growing his on-ball skills could be easier than teaching Dejounte how to be a natural distributing PG. Plus, folks knock at the pick due to his supposed lack of athleticism... Lonnie has athleticism down to a T, yet is quite deficient in many areas of the game.

Primo is a sight for sore eyes in a lot of ways once you get past his drafting position. I'm very intrigued by the idea of the FO pivoting to a "new youth" movement tbh, we'll get some clearer pictures after FA but I'm in on this.
    I love the pick. He has above average athleticism, just plays smart and not out of control. He doesn't seem to have that quick Twitch explosion but he can hang and finished well on bigs that can jump in the post.

Like you said, he knows the game. Smart player and adapts well from what I've seen.

I don't know how long it will take him to get comfortable at the next level or if he ever will, but man he has huge upside and should have been a high school senior this year but already has national team and SEC college experience. Under the tutelage of the spurs, the kid should blossom.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to imagine but the kid (18) was playing against guys in college who for the most part are 20 to 22 years old. But I agree that one thing he is a smart basketball player who knows how to play the game on offense and defense. I have no clue what the future holds for him but he has a lot of the boxes checked off just needs a little luck and a great work ethic which I think he has - One a side noet I didn't know Sean Elliot was was young when he went to college I think 17 his first year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow some of you are really coming around the mountain!!

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to start mythologizing the kid, but he does seem to have a calm air of confidence.

Can't wait for the Summer League debut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo will be the youngest NBA player when the season starts, at 18. He was born on December 24th, 2002.
    He'll replace Aleksej Pokusevski, last season's youngest player, who was born on December 26th, 2001.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo will be the youngest NBA player when the season starts, at 18. He was born on December 24th, 2002.
    He'll replace Aleksej Pokusevski, last season's youngest player, who was born on December 26th, 2001.
    and poku actually played. Maybe theres hope primo gets some actual nba court time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow some of you are really coming around the mountain!!
    just for clarification many of the folks you think are "coming around," weren't ever anti-Primo.

personally, I certainly wasn't. I just thought a different pick was more prudent at spot 12. and while I still feel that Sengun is a sure fire all-star, my initial ignorance about Cuz has now been replaced with some actual video and scouting reports. despite that initial ignorance I would have still wholeheartedly supported him. only a holds it against an 18 yr old where he was drafted even if I initially disagreed with not trading down (he likely wouldn't have even made it to 20 per that SI article) nor because I had a favorite we skipped.

I also now hold the opinion that Primo may in fact end up being a special talent that the Spurs were lucky to land.
    Last edited by offset formation; 08-01-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well said....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just for clarification many of the folks you think are "coming around," weren't ever anti-Primo.

personally, I certainly wasn't. I just thought a different pick was more prudent at spot 12. and while I still feel that Sengun is a sure fire all-star, my initial ignorance about Cuz has now been replaced with some actual video and scouting reports. despite that initial ignorance I would have still wholeheartedly supported him. only a holds it against an 18 yr old where he was drafted even if I initially disagreed with not trading down (he likely wouldn't have even made it to 20 per that SI article) nor because I had a favorite we skipped.

I also now hold the opinion that Primo may in fact end up being a special talent that the Spurs were lucky to land.
    I’m not taking about you; well said though my guy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping he proves the doubters wrong.

he definitely has the build that he could put on muscle easy and he seems to not mind playing physical which is a plus for a player not super athletic .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he definitely has the build that he could put on muscle easy and he seems to not mind playing physical which is a plus for a player not super athletic .
    His journey starts tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

*raises hand*

Please prove me wrong Joshua. I've never wanted to be so wrong.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    i have screenshotted & saved every negative post about the primo pick.........there will be no hiding when he turns out to be a gem u will all face ur penance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have screenshotted & saved every negative post about the primo pick.........there will be no hiding when he turns out to be a gem u will all face ur penance
    It won’t matter my guy......they don’t operate in reality!��. They’ll only try and move the goal post

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is a big dude that will probably only get bigger! Check out the summer league thread

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna take a while, but he's gonna be great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we made Primo a HOFer yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sheer comedy that will ensue if Cousin Josh doesn't show a flash of anything in a couple hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we made Primo a HOFer yet?
    if we don't, prepare for misery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love the beer belly scouts and gm’s, currently wasting away eating Doritos on their couches, this place has in spades.
    yep, all those guys doubted moves like re-signing Parker, Pau, Patty... signing DeMarre Carroll.

PATFO showed them!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is that CoJo/Hanga/Blair core coming along?
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-03-2021 at 06:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sheer comedy that will ensue if Cousin Josh doesn't show a flash of anything in a couple hours.
    He won't. He's injured

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't. He's injured
    What the .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    china doll to go along with dejounte and derrick - the OTHER two china dolls

Thread Information