Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1624
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a crap shoot when you are trying to grab a star player, which means someone 18 or 19 years old. I would think drafting role players has better success, but maybe not? I don’t get too deep in statistics. Regardless, drafting Primo as a star player was pushing the narrow window for success even smaller because he was a role player in college and never showed or got to show much. It’s his confidence/personality mostly that got him drafted, along with good shooting form and a good combine.
    Devin Booker scored 10ppg at UK, and was a year older than Primo. He was also drafted a couple of spots later.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kentucky players are scouted well by Calipari. I trust their players more, which is why I was high on Maxey, when most weren’t, to be honest, including you. But not trying to argue. I HOPE Primo turns out like Booker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless ppl think Wesley is going to see heavy minutes in his rookie year, roster makeup alone says Primo will be playing most his minutes at the point.
    Yup, but evidently plenty on this board seem to think it's just the rantings of timvp's sources.

I wish the kid well, but quite frankly it's my opinion he's being set up for failure. He has no business running a position that exposes his game's weaknesses. He is turnover prone and makes bad decisions in transition and in the paint. He doesn't get easy shots from his handle.

He needs to be a wing and in player where he can beat his man when they close on him or stroke the 3.

That said, we are tanking and he will help us in that endeavor so I keep reminding myself that him playing point is a good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Booker scored 10ppg at UK, and was a year older than Primo. He was also drafted a couple of spots later.
    If he is mentioned in the same breath ever again on this board for his on the court achievements and not draft comparisons, lunch is on me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is mentioned in the same breath ever again on this board for his on the court achievements and not draft comparisons, lunch is on me.
    Primo hit multiple threes his rookie year just like Devin Booker

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we need Primo Unleashed. He’s trying to learn so much, learn the system, not make mistakes et cetera but in doing so, you don’t want him going too far from his strength, which to me, is irrational confidence guy, getting hot making 3s, which we’ve seen glimmers of. Hopefully he pulls it all together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the NBA got away from PF, SF, SG traditional roles. Maybe Pop is going to end the concept of the PG and hold everyone accountable for passing and ball distrbution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the NBA got away from PF, SF, SG traditional roles. Maybe Pop is going to end the concept of the PG and hold everyone accountable for passing and ball distrbution.
    LOL. Genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

smart to focus on post moves when speed isn’t his strength. He could become a decent scoring 2/3 if his skills translate over to ingame minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

smart to focus on post moves when speed isn’t his strength. He could become a decent scoring 2/3 if his skills translate over to ingame minutes
    Welcome to the club.

Though one more year of him playing point will actually be a good thing long term fir getting a high draft oick next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the club.

Though one more year of him playing point will actually be a good thing long term fir getting a high draft oick next year.
    welcome to the club? Ive long been saying he won’t be the point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welcome to the club? Ive long been saying he won’t be the point guard.
    Thought you were in the, he'll be fine to run point if given time camp. Must have confused you with someone else then. if so my apologies.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He should be working on his post game with trainers closer to his height…. This won’t translate against 6’6 swings, you’ll see him struggle to make these consistently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be working on his post game with trainers closer to his height…. This won’t translate against 6’6 swings, you’ll see him struggle to make these consistently.
    Does Durant train exclusively with 7-footers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like he is bullying that guy. A build like Keldon’s with more fluid moves is exactly what they should be working on. Not him learning point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like he is bullying that guy. A build like Keldon’s with more fluid moves is exactly what they should be working on. Not him learning point.
    He should be studying Doncic.
    I hope he's going in that direction.
    Of course, you need bigs to drag defenders out of the paint, but his game will blossom in that mold.

IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just year 2

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Sengun tbh. Sengun might be out of the league in 2 years. Looks like a fish out of water with this HOU squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Sengun tbh. Sengun might be out of the league in 2 years. Looks like a fish out of water with this HOU squad.
    Houston isn't using him properly, they want him facing the rim while he's better posting up. The guy is good, trust me, he had a great Eurobasket.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston isn't using him properly, they want him facing the rim while he's better posting up. The guy is good, trust me, he had a great Eurobasket.
    Sure, but what team is willing to hand him their offense. HOU whole roster is built to run, he is the odd man out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s pre-2015 rules change basketball. No one runs inside out schemes any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but what team is willing to hand him their offense. HOU whole roster is built to run, he is the odd man out.
    He does everything well, scoring, passing, rebounding… He knows he won’t be the first or event the second option, but he can bring a lot. I agree he doesn’t fit the type of game they have, that’s a shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s pre-2015 rules change basketball. No one runs inside out schemes any more.
    We knew from the beginning he was an old school center, that’s probably why SA didn’t pick him. He’s playing in a wrong time for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun is like Sabonis. Good offensively, but neither a real PF nor C on defense. He‘ll help you get to the 8th seed, but not winning a ring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun is like Sabonis. Good offensively, but neither a real PF nor C on defense. He‘ll help you get to the 8th seed, but not winning a ring
    Some guys on here were FURIOUS that we didn’t draft this guy.

Thread Information