My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dawn of the new era. Let’s go!

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I don't get why the galaxy brain choads are saying that timvp whine-fest is on point? None of that ever happens!

But oh well, you love licking that dude's taint. Go ahead. The guy is wrong as anyone else here. Dude was crying when Poeltl received his last contract, which was instantly a bargain. And this was just him ting the carpet and now everyone's dancing around it pretending it's manna.
    seething because timvp wrecked your dumbass along with the majority of the people in this thread

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Sorta. The point of the post was that many of us were wrong about Primo. Then timvp posts some made up fest about something completely different. Then users flock in to blow him.

It's just stupid.
    is this why you made that stupid ass draft thread full of kindergarten level analysis, so you could be more like timvp? ing loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO

Obsessed.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This thread has classic potential, tbh... OP easily one of the worst posters here since tholdren's caregiver disconnected his internet...

why dont people like me like timvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy has the audacity to call anyone an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy has the audacity to call anyone an idiot
    Sometimes I say cretin or horseface.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you kiddies really want a re-eval. The pick should have been Sengun. But take a look at that draft. Let me know if you need pointers on how to use google to find the information. The only other player that has been any good is Trey Murphy. Tre Mann has sorta been okay, but not really. It's legit a really, really bad draft from then on.

So... the Spurs actually did a pretty great maneuver taking a guy perceived to be later in the round higher, because the draft at that point was pretty lousy. Again, should have been Sengun. Murphy is a bit of a surprise, as he wasn't really that great at Virginia.

Again, to spell it out. Should have picked Sengun. Picking Primo wasn't terrible, considering. He needed work, but anyone at that point did and I wasn't writing him off.

What happened with him later is a separate issue than the draft pick itself. I suspect you know this but are pretending to be too stupid to understand.

Verdict: Sengun should have been the pick. Primo was not a bad pick there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reading this after the Primo incident

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This board...chef's kiss of vile hatred.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorta. The point of the post was that many of us were wrong about Primo. Then timvp posts some made up fest about something completely different. Then users flock in to blow him.

It's just stupid.
    Yeah, you were wrong about Primo.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you kiddies really want a re-eval. The pick should have been Sengun. But take a look at that draft. Let me know if you need pointers on how to use google to find the information. The only other player that has been any good is Trey Murphy. Tre Mann has sorta been okay, but not really. It's legit a really, really bad draft from then on.

So... the Spurs actually did a pretty great maneuver taking a guy perceived to be later in the round higher, because the draft at that point was pretty lousy. Again, should have been Sengun. Murphy is a bit of a surprise, as he wasn't really that great at Virginia.

Again, to spell it out. Should have picked Sengun. Picking Primo wasn't terrible, considering. He needed work, but anyone at that point did and I wasn't writing him off.

What happened with him later is a separate issue than the draft pick itself. I suspect you know this but are pretending to be too stupid to understand.

Verdict: Sengun should have been the pick. Primo was not a bad pick there.
    Primo was a horrible pick. He wasn't even very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo was a horrible pick. He wasn't even very good.
    If he were he'd be back in the League already. He'll eventually find his way back in somewhere probably but I doubt he's ever a consistent NBA starter year after year

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seething because timvp wrecked your dumbass along with the majority of the people in this thread
    Op is full of himself.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he were he'd be back in the League already. He'll eventually find his way back in somewhere probably but I doubt he's ever a consistent NBA starter year after year
    Doubt he ever plays in the NBA again. He wasn't very good and now taking time off.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt he ever plays in the NBA again. He wasn't very good and now taking time off.
    Eh, Depends top Euro Money is pretty good but doesn't touch league average mid/level rotation player salary.
    Top Asia money can be decent and if you get the right team you can be kinda like a local god celeb, which is fun his flashiness may Like that. (not sure he's quite the player to get that and depends a lot on his agent getting him into the right spot.)

Lots of guys who could cultivate nice livings at either of those really prefer the NBA due to money and life in a situation they culturally know/understand.

The issue is that there are world wide about 1500 people in any given year that have the basketball ability to really compete in the NBA. If you are in that select group you really do know it and have the opportunity to make very good money at basketball.

There's about another 3000 that can compete in basketball and make the equivalent of $75,000 per year which is average salary for most top level leagues, you will make some more from endorsements and other stuff but you also have expenses with that. If you are a part of that top roughly 5000 basketball players in the world the NBA has eyes on you and you are getting guides and offers towards making it happen unless you make clear you are heading for top Euro/Asia goals and that you aren't interested in the NBA, Even then if you are under 30 they will waive money at you. If you stand any shot at being in the top 5000 basketball players world wide and or 10,000 soccer players you have people in your ear trying to push you towards that and trying to get into/share your pockets. You're likely to get offers especially if you already showed up there for a minute and people know. He also didn't completely flame out. He popped up in National News for a day or two, San Antonio news for a couple of weeks. 2025 he'll get a camp invite or two and if he works/wants it especially if he progresses as a basketball player and person can easily be a bench guy by start of 2026/27 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo was still like 19 when he was released, right? Writing him off at that point is stupid. He was showing flashes.

I invite the bright minds of the board to tell us who should have been selected instead of Primo at that spot. I already said Sengun should have been the pick. Always said that. And then Murphy.

Discounting those two, put your money where your ugly little mouths are. Who would you have picked?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, Depends top Euro Money is pretty good but doesn't touch league average mid/level rotation player salary.
    Top Asia money can be decent and if you get the right team you can be kinda like a local god celeb, which is fun his flashiness may Like that. (not sure he's quite the player to get that and depends a lot on his agent getting him into the right spot.)

Lots of guys who could cultivate nice livings at either of those really prefer the NBA due to money and life in a situation they culturally know/understand.

The issue is that there are world wide about 1500 people in any given year that have the basketball ability to really compete in the NBA. If you are in that select group you really do know it and have the opportunity to make very good money at basketball.

There's about another 3000 that can compete in basketball and make the equivalent of $75,000 per year which is average salary for most top level leagues, you will make some more from endorsements and other stuff but you also have expenses with that. If you are a part of that top roughly 5000 basketball players in the world the NBA has eyes on you and you are getting guides and offers towards making it happen unless you make clear you are heading for top Euro/Asia goals and that you aren't interested in the NBA, Even then if you are under 30 they will waive money at you. If you stand any shot at being in the top 5000 basketball players world wide and or 10,000 soccer players you have people in your ear trying to push you towards that and trying to get into/share your pockets. You're likely to get offers especially if you already showed up there for a minute and people know. He also didn't completely flame out. He popped up in National News for a day or two, San Antonio news for a couple of weeks. 2025 he'll get a camp invite or two and if he works/wants it especially if he progresses as a basketball player and person can easily be a bench guy by start of 2026/27 season.
    You don’t understand tort law at all. Teams know what he is, and anyone who signs him could be at least partially liable for any of his ‘activities’. He’s beyond radioactive, in NBA terms. Not worth the risk. Not good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was showing flashes.
    Indeed he was

Truth be told, it was a very underwhelming draft. The one true miss was Sengun, because he was better and that much was obvious. Aside from that, Trey Murphy would have been much better, and you could add Herb Jones, but if we were to miss big, that was the draft. Really meh.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this thread to bash Primo or Mr. Body, or both? You son of a , I’m in! Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not mad at picking Primo over Sengun. At least Primo was a swing (and a miss) at the fences. Sengun is just another guy like Keldon: puts up nice looking stats on a team, but isn’t a true building block. Would be a nice rotation piece on an actual good team, but isn’t going to be the reason you’re a contender.

If we draft Sengun instead of Primo, it might have given us enough confidence to keep DJM and keep pushing for that play-in spot, and we’re stuck on that treadmill forever. It’s not like we took Primo at 11 and passed up Giannis or Kawhi a few spots later… Sengun isn’t anyone to lose sleep over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not mad at picking Primo over Sengun. At least Primo was a swing (and a miss) at the fences. Sengun is just another guy like Keldon: puts up nice looking stats on a team, but isn’t a true building block. Would be a nice rotation piece on an actual good team, but isn’t going to be the reason you’re a contender.

If we draft Sengun instead of Primo, it might have given us enough confidence to keep DJM and keep pushing for that play-in spot, and we’re stuck on that treadmill forever. It’s not like we took Primo at 11 and passed up Giannis or Kawhi a few spots later… Sengun isn’t anyone to lose sleep over.
    I disagree with this part. A lot of us never saw the upside in Primo. I dont think it’s a fair characterization of Primo or situation to say he was some super high upside, big downside pick. Thats what upset most of us and shocked so many scouts that he went as high as he did. He lacked athleticism, wasn’t already some pure big PG and there were serious questions about what the upside was even if he panned out.

Im fine with not getting Sengun too - it was not end of world taking Primo; but he was no where near some high reward risk IMVHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of us never saw the upside in Primo…
    Who exactly on this forum do you think merits a statement like that? There are plenty of players in the NBA that Spurstalk never saw coming, including their own DJ Murray. A lot of folks here wanted him kicked off by year 3. This place isn’t the best judge of talent as much as you think it is. Saying “a lot” doesn’t really mean anything when there are only a few here that’s actually serious about it.

Every single person here is just a regular Joe and just because there are 100 regular Joes who may believe the same thing doesn’t justify it any more than one Joe believing it. No one here is an expert (including myself). Doesn’t matter how eloquently you write, how well you interpret stats, or how long you’ve been following the NBA.

What’s worse is you have some guys who don’t even put in that much effort but are the loudest. Those are your “voices of ST”. They watch a 3 minute highlight video and think they know it all. Or they saw one counting stat and think they’re mathematicians.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 03-26-2023 at 01:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with this part. A lot of us never saw the upside in Primo. I dont think it’s a fair characterization of Primo or situation to say he was some super high upside, big downside pick. Thats what upset most of us and shocked so many scouts that he went as high as he did. He lacked athleticism, wasn’t already some pure big PG and there were serious questions about what the upside was even if he panned out.

Im fine with not getting Sengun too - it was not end of world taking Primo; but he was no where near some high reward risk IMVHO
    Well, the Spurs FO saw it - and their track record certainly holds more weight than the talent evaluators of ST.com. Yes, this is certainly “sniffer” mentality, but I still believe the Spurs track record of talent identification, evaluation, and development earns them some benefit of the doubt. Until they start blowing pick after pick for years on end, or there is a wholesale change in the FO, they’ll have that benefit of the doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who exactly on this forum do you think merits a statement like that? There are plenty of players in the NBA that Spurstalk never saw coming, including their own DJ Murray. A lot of folks here wanted him kicked off by year 3. This place isn’t the best judge of talent as much as you think it is. Saying “a lot” doesn’t really mean anything when there are only a few here that’s actually serious about it.

Every single person here is just a regular Joe and just because there are 100 regular Joes who may believe the same thing doesn’t justify it any more than one Joe believing it. No one here is an expert (including myself). Doesn’t matter how eloquently you write, how well you interpret stats, or how long you’ve been following the NBA.

What’s worse is you have some guys who don’t even put in that much effort but are the loudest. Those are your “voices of ST”. They watch a 3 minute highlight video and think they know it all. Or they saw one counting stat and think they’re mathematicians.
    For the bibliography, I’ll add the Zac Collins thread as a reference to this post.

ST.com is like any other website - filled with regular people who possess an over-inflated sense of the value of their own opinions. At least it’s not Twitter.

Thread Information