Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s vote for Wemby early and often, friends and neighbors! Who else you got? My votes:

West -
    Wemby
    Jokic
    Davis
    Luka
    SGA

East -
    Embiid
    Giannis
    Tatum
    Young
    Haliburton

Edit: link to vote in English is here
    Last edited by z0sa; 12-21-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swap overrated Davis for Ant Edwards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s vote for Wemby early and often, friends and neighbors! Who else you got? My votes:

West -
    Wemby
    Jokic
    Davis
    Luka
    SGA

East -
    Embiid
    Giannis
    Tatum
    Young
    Haliburton
    Durant for Davis

and Derrick Wagner for Tatum and White for Young. Cause I prefer those guys and a few votes won’t hurt them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

West -
    Wemby
    Jokic
    Davis
    Luka
    SGA

East -
    Embiid
    Giannis
    Tatum
    Young
    Haliburton
    Could we get a one stop shopping link in the OP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0 chance Wemby gets in imo. Maybe if the Spurs were a couple games under .500 but all star game selection is usually based on winning especially since they changed the voting format for starters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs clearly don't want Wemby in the ASG imo, they haven't even tweet about it

They'd rather have him rest

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Since the ASG is a popularity contest, and Victor is extremely visible around the NBA, we'll see. Who would he have to beat out?

btw there's no way James doesn't make it unless he chose not to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the ASG is a popularity contest, and Victor is extremely visible around the NBA, we'll see. Who would he have to beat out?

btw there's no way James doesn't make it unless he chose not to.
    if its broken down as frontcourt/backcourt... he's up against Jokic, Davis, LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, George, JJJ, Markannen, Gobert, Sabonis, Sengun

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West: Gilgeous-Alexander, Doncic, Jokic, James, Davis

Bench: Curry, S bag, Edwards, Towns, Booker, Durant, Fox/Sabonis

In actuality, Curry will get the fan vote over Gilgeous-Alexander and Durant over Davis.

East: Haliburton, Maxey, Embiid, Antetokounmpo, Tatum

Bench: Young/Barnes, Porzingis/White, Mitc , Adebayo, Butler, Lillard, Brunson

In actuality, a more established name will get the fan vote over Maxey and White has no chance.

Swap overrated Davis for Ant Edwards
    Davis is the most underappreciated player of his generation and Edwards is probably the most overrated current player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West: Gilgeous-Alexander, Doncic, Jokic, James, Davis

Bench: Curry, S bag, Edwards, Towns, Booker, Durant, Fox/Sabonis

In actuality, Curry will get the fan vote over Gilgeous-Alexander and Durant over Davis.

East: Haliburton, Maxey, Embiid, Antetokounmpo, Tatum

Bench: Young/Barnes, Porzingis/White, Mitc , Adebayo, Butler, Lillard, Brunson

In actuality, a more established name will get the fan vote over Maxey and White has no chance.

Davis is the most underappreciated player of his generation and Edwards is probably the most overrated current player.
    Edwards is on the SpursTalk all-underrated team for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0 chance Wemby gets in imo. Maybe if the Spurs were a couple games under .500 but all star game selection is usually based on winning especially since they changed the voting format for starters.
    I'm probably wrong, as usual, but maybe a miracle happens, and Wemby is more popular with casualfan than expected. What's the harm, after all? ASG is all about the homer vote

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm probably wrong, as usual, but maybe a miracle happens, and Wemby is more popular with casualfan than expected. What's the harm, after all? ASG is all about the homer vote
    He'll get the all rookie team. He won't make the all star this year. Even if he had a good team around him, it's not certain his contributions would stick out enough vs the rest of the team to get the AS nod. He is fun as to watch though.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby won't be an all star.

Early in the season, all the media were hyping him and creating narratives. However now into 1 quarter of the season and having the worst record in the West conference, the media has stop their coverage on Wemby and has also agreed that Chet is leading in the ROY race. What is even more amazing is that Chet would be in the contenders for DPOY too.

Wemby won't be in the all-star for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza almost got in at one point. Wemby will be in. A lot of people want to see the 7’4 phenom than half of those usual AS guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What ? Public voters don’t give a about wins for All Star players, they just want a big show, and Wemby can bring that. I’m pretty confident he’ll be selected by public voters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby won't be an all star.

Early in the season, all the media were hyping him and creating narratives. However now into 1 quarter of the season and having the worst record in the West conference, the media has stop their coverage on Wemby and has also agreed that Chet is leading in the ROY race. What is even more amazing is that Chet would be in the contenders for DPOY too.

Wemby won't be in the all-star for sure.
    Holmgren isn’t ahead of him in the ROY discussion, not anymore.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will get in but not as a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he gets in, who knows, someone may throw him a lob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he gets in, who knows, someone may throw him a lob.
    That would be the best part, he’d be getting lobs every few possessions prolly lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EAST: Giannis, Tatum, Embiid, Haliburton and Maxey

WEST: Doncic, Shai, KD, Jokic and Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza almost got in at one point. Wemby will be in. A lot of people want to see the 7’4 phenom than half of those usual AS guys
    Yes and he didn't get in because they changed the way starters are voted in and fan vote counts for less than it used to. If it was just fan vote then I think he'd get it. But I don't see the coaches voting him in given the Spurs abysmal record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What ? Public voters don’t give a about wins for All Star players, they just want a big show, and Wemby can bring that. I’m pretty confident he’ll be selected by public voters.
    Again, fan vote weight has been reduced recently so it's not the only determining factor. Coaches won't vote him in

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs clearly don't want Wemby in the ASG imo, they haven't even tweet about it

They'd rather have him rest
    He’ll be in the rising stars game. He’s not resting whether he makes the all star team or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and he didn't get in because they changed the way starters are voted in and fan vote counts for less than it used to. If it was just fan vote then I think he'd get it. But I don't see the coaches voting him in given the Spurs abysmal record
    I honestly didn't know. Id have to agree with your take in that case

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this on Fox sports:

"NBA All-Star Game starters are selected by fans, NBA players and the media. Fan votes make up 50 percent of the vote. All current players and a select group of media representatives will account for 25 percent each. Players and media only submit one ballot"

So fan vote only accounts for half. And I guarantee the players won't vote him in

Thread Information