Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much money ? his health is scary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone Is going to have to wake up Pop, Brian, and RC from their nap first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 yr ( 2 &. 3 team options )
    Not opposed....but it needs to be a very reasonable contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s as rusty as an old gate hinge and his wheels are falling off. The Spurs shouldn’t have to settle for a fixer-upper as a backup big. They have other projects, much higher priority, to focus on. There’s a lot of bigs on the FA market now, including safer choices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course that would be the Collins the Spurs would end up signing no doubt

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He re-fractured his foot a month ago: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...45749664714755

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t want the Spurs to win very many games this year, I say go for it. Why go with safer choices? Gamble as much as you can for a year. I don’t really care if he’s injured right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hence buy low; red shirt year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course that would be the Collins the Spurs would end up signing no doubt
    Lol.

But yeah, I like him as a target.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gross. Stay away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why. Spurs are not going to the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a few million sure. He can watch from the bench with primo suave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why. Spurs are not going to the playoffs.
    No one trying to sign Zach Collins is going to make the playoffs but maybe you get lucky and he heals up and is a serviceable big for a low cost. Or he never heals up and he’s still a low cost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one trying to sign Zach Collins is going to make the playoffs but maybe you get lucky and he heals up and is a serviceable big for a low cost. Or he never heals up and he’s still a low cost.
    Thank you for explaining to these challenged dudes...... if he heals great if not so be it! It’s a lotto ticket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a playoff team that can nature him until it's needed. Not a team that's likely on the lottery and needs players to play now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is scrambling to sign a stiff with a fractured foot. If the Spurs want him he’ll be there in 6 months to pick off the scrap heap

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hence buy low; red shirt year.
    "Collins underwent a second surgery in New York [last month] to repair a left medial malleolus stress fracture, the team announced. It’s the same foot he injured in late December that caused him to miss the entire 2020-21 season. Collins underwent prior ankle surgeries on September 1, 2020, and December 30, 2020. The team is listing him as out indefinitely. During the 2019-20 season, Collins missed four months after having left shoulder surgery. He appeared in 143 of a possible 164 games in his first two seasons with the Blazers, but since then has appeared in 11 of a possible 146 games."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Collins underwent a second surgery in New York [last month] to repair a left medial malleolus stress fracture, the team announced. It’s the same foot he injured in late December that caused him to miss the entire 2020-21 season. Collins underwent prior ankle surgeries on September 1, 2020, and December 30, 2020. The team is listing him as out indefinitely. During the 2019-20 season, Collins missed four months after having left shoulder surgery. He appeared in 143 of a possible 164 games in his first two seasons with the Blazers, but since then has appeared in 11 of a possible 146 games."
    You realize that’s why we use this year as a red shirt year....... right?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize that’s why we use this year as a red shirt year....... right?
    Why the condescension? Yes, I read your post where you wrote "red shirt year". I was just providing some details about his injury history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That explanation sucks... Med malleolus is a non-weight bearing part of the tibia and very rare... maybe navicular or a cuneiform? similar to what embid had.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That explanation sucks... Med malleolus is a non-weight bearing part of the tibia and very rare... maybe navicular or a cuneiform? similar to what embid had.
    That report was from NBA.com. Perhaps he had one of the rare instances of that stress fracture (0.6% to 4.1% per this paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6380793/ )--which might make it more concerning?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the condescension? Yes, I read your post where you wrote "red shirt year". I was just providing some details about his injury history.
    My apologies....... I've been traumatized by the ignorance displayed here sometimes! Thanks for the context...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My apologies....... I've been traumatized by the ignorance displayed here sometimes! Thanks for the context...
    No worries. And thanks for the courtesy.

Thread Information