Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see them on there, though I do still see DeMar listed.

Spurs have never been known for their stellar web content.

The NBA has to give its approval for everything involving players. And teams, for that matter. The NBA keeps track of team cap status, player draft rights, and all of the doodah that’s in the CBA. Even dropping a low-paid player has to be approved, to insure all is correct. When the official approval comes back, the roster gets updated. Until the Spurs get that official approval, nothing has happened.

Jeffries and Quinndary wouldn’t take long. Check the numbers, update the player files in the database, stamp it OK. The approval comes back, update the roster.

The DDR deal would take a while. Two teams, multiple players, large amounts of money. That’ll take more time.

Bureaucracy, paperwork. Hey, it keeps people employed in our service economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I begin to suspect that we will apply for a disabled player exception for Zollins and have him rehab for a year... I believe that would free a roster spot (and IIRC it comes with some sort of a salary cap exception, which might explain the money for Forbes).
    Can't do that. Injury has to happen while player is under contract. For example, the Clippers can't get an exception for Kawhi because he opted out to sign a new contract.

Maybe if Zollins' ankle cracks for a fourth time then, yeah, it's possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't do that. Injury has to happen while player is under contract. For example, the Clippers can't get an exception for Kawhi because he opted out to sign a new contract.

Maybe if Zollins' ankle cracks for a fourth time then, yeah, it's possible.
    Kawhi really ed them over on that one, just to decide to re-sign instead of signing an extension.

Just Kawhi doing Kawhi things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the disadvantage is overstated. I recall very few players who clearly outmatched Keldon at PF, one of them being Giannis. Other than him, I don’t recall too many. Even John Collins had a piss poor outing against Keldon. I think when there’s a clear mismatch, yes, you switch him down. Otherwise, use him as a PF most of the way.
    As many have mentioned (or made excuse for Poeltl ) it’s the smaller or lack of help in the PF position that causes Poeltl to help and gets out of position. I rather put Jock in the PF position. He seems to have lateral speed to cover perimeter. A Jock and Poeltl in the paint would be a formidable defense. Not to mention Keldon, DJ and White. Damn, that’s a great defensive SL.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As many have mentioned (or made excuse for Poeltl ) it’s the smaller or lack of help in the PF position that causes Poeltl to help and gets out of position. I rather put Jock in the PF position. He seems to have lateral speed to cover perimeter. A Jock and Poeltl in the paint would be a formidable defense. Not to mention Keldon, DJ and White. Damn, that’s a great defensive SL.
    Too slow. Inability of the perimeter players to stay in front of their man causes Poeltl to help more and you want Jock a center defending the modern 4 who are mostly wings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the investigation of the tampering issue have any impact on our sign & trades?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...065721358?s=19

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Demar make similar money? This market overall is insane...and Lowry has bigger avocados. Can actually hit a clutch shot.
    NBA.com 2020/21 Clutch points, top 100

1) 160 pts Damian Lillard
    2) 150 Bradley Beal
    3) 140 DeMar DeRozan
    4T) 131 Nikola Jokic, Russell Westbrook

47) 56 Dejounte Murray

55) 46 Kyle Lowry

86T) 33 Kyle Anderson, Saddiq Bey, Bojan Bogdanovic, Rui Hachimora, Patty Mills, Norman Powell, Immanuel Quickley, Christian Wood, Thaddeus Young

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the investigation of the tampering issue have any impact on our sign & trades?

There may be some trickle down impacts if the NBA decides to reverse some of those transactions. Obviously teams (specifically Miami and Chicago) were tampering before the free agency period started. I'm hoping Silver drops the hammer because otherwise teams will keep doing it. (And, obviously, because our CREAM Team would be one of the last teams to tamper. Gotta level the playing field.)

Could any of the Spurs' deals get undone? Probably not. Maybe the DeRozan sign-and-trade but that came late enough that you'd think the NBA would have a difficult time proving anything happened there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There may be some trickle down impacts if the NBA decides to reverse some of those transactions. Obviously teams (specifically Miami and Chicago) were tampering before the free agency period started. I'm hoping Silver drops the hammer because otherwise teams will keep doing it. (And, obviously, because our CREAM Team would be one of the last teams to tamper. Gotta level the playing field.)

Could any of the Spurs' deals get undone? Probably not. Maybe the DeRozan sign-and-trade but that came late enough that you'd think the NBA would have a difficult time proving anything happened there.

Lonzo Ball is a client of, wait for it, Rich Paul & Klutch. But DDR is not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA.com 2020/21 Clutch points, top 100

1) 160 pts Damian Lillard
    2) 150 Bradley Beal
    3) 140 DeMar DeRozan
    4T) 131 Nikola Jokic, Russell Westbrook

47) 56 Dejounte Murray

55) 46 Kyle Lowry

Are those numbers corrected for games played, or for possessions? DDR played in 61 games but Lowry only 46. (NBA . com doesn’t like something about my apps and I refuse to change for them.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, who cares about tampering? Every team does it. Now if it started during the regular season, that’s a problem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the disadvantage is overstated. I recall very few players who clearly outmatched Keldon at PF, one of them being Giannis. Other than him, I don’t recall too many. Even John Collins had a piss poor outing against Keldon. I think when there’s a clear mismatch, yes, you switch him down. Otherwise, use him as a PF most of the way.
    Porzingus abused him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The bulls pick. Hope it doesn't get forfeited. It's ours now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long does it normally take for all these trades to take place? Or does it stop on weekends?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if you think that disadvantage isn't all that big, it's still worth it if Keldon can play down because Keldon'll be more able to leverage the advantage his strength gives him vs SF's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed on dropping the hammer...it's in our benefit and really a benefit for all small market teams I'd think..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Others said but I will reiterate
    Keldon at PF hurts rim defense and rebounding. A taller PF is preferable who can shoot and defend (asking a lot I know) and rebound and Keldon at SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any ideas on the hold up for why some of the signings haven’t become official yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any ideas on the hold up for why some of the signings haven’t become official yet?
    Prolly waiting on Pop to decide if he's coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know if it means anything but Kieth Smith tweeted the spurs renounced the rights to daquan Jeffries & weatherspoon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold up? The signing period began yesterday, the 6th at noon ET.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know if it means anything but Kieth Smith tweeted the spurs renounced the rights to daquan Jeffries & weatherspoon

Just trimming the fat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was noted earlier in this thread that they’re off the official roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think someone mentioned there is clearly tampering the fact that they agreed in like few minutes after free agency. It might be similar to bogdanovic deal last year.

Also some just get around it like lebron tampers around. Since he is a player so there's no rules to that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still nothing going on with Chriss.

Thread Information