Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in the camp of wanting the spurs to pursue Simmons but seeing how he’s trying to dictate where he ends (GSW or one of the LA teams) I’m out on him, he wouldn’t want to be here in SA.
    He will be another kawhi type of drama for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in the camp of wanting the spurs to pursue Simmons but seeing how he’s trying to dictate where he ends (GSW or one of the LA teams) I’m out on him, he wouldn’t want to be here in SA.
    I said that 3 weeks ago.
    He a Kardashian type. Bright lights for him only

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should get Simmons, flip him in 3 yes if necessary. Primo should be ready by then, win win!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaminsky just re-signed.

Spurs should definitely be looking to reroute Young now. Between age and injury, he could easily lose value during the season. He's also a poor fit and would only take minutes away from Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the spurs find a way to trade Thad young somewhere else but I think it’ll be kinda hard, he’s makes like 14 million this upcoming season. Might be hard for a contender to match that salary in a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. That might grease the wheels so the DeRozan deal gets done.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    max cap space end up with 2 white basketall players..........if spurs were located in austin collins wouldve been a lock signing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm okay with whichever way the Thad Young decision goes. Trade him for picks and another expiring contract? Yeah, that's good. Keep him as a veteran rental? Not bad. He's a good player who is loved by all his teammates. It's difficult to find vets who are both good and beloved on expiring deals ... so keeping Thad and reassessing the situation near the trade deadline is fine.

From strictly an asset management angle, you'd probably want to trade him now because his fit is iffy (I'm not sure if the Thad and Poeltl pairing is going to work offensively, tbh). But, yeah, he'd be a good influence in the locker room and a steadying force on the floor so that holds value too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm okay with whichever way the Thad Young decision goes. Trade him for picks and another expiring contract? Yeah, that's good. Keep him as a veteran rental? Not bad. He's a good player who is loved by all his teammates. It's difficult to find vets who are both good and beloved on expiring deals ... so keeping Thad and reassessing the situation near the trade deadline is fine.

From strictly an asset management angle, you'd probably want to trade him now because his fit is iffy (I'm not sure if the Thad and Poeltl pairing is going to work offensively, tbh). But, yeah, he'd be a good influence in the locker room and a steadying force on the floor so that holds value too.
    Thad should def not start next to poodle. Pretty sure spurs hold to him for now though but id like for them to move him asap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dougie should have all the CREAM the team needs, hopefully they can trade Thad this off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad should start at center

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns, Celtics, Nets, Jazz and Pacers should all be interested in Young

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Yak have any trade value? To me, he’s becoming a difficult fit. The poor shooting is obvious. But it feels we need a point guard who can get him involved in the pnr. White should do that but seems to be the shooting guard more than the point guard. DJM is improving through repe ion, but not ideal in my opinion. Anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Yak have any trade value? To me, he’s becoming a difficult fit. The poor shooting is obvious. But it feels we need a point guard who can get him involved in the pnr. White should do that but seems to be the shooting guard more than the point guard. DJM is improving through repe ion, but not ideal in my opinion. Anyway.
    Ben Simmons would work great with Yak in pick in roll..... virtually unstoppable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl stock rises just before the deadline if a contender loses their starting center for the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl stock rises just before the deadline if a contender loses their starting center for the season.
    Good point. Will also be interesting to see the ascension of Jock and how that complicates our center position, in a good way.

To me, Yak has lots of untapped potential. I can’t tell if he lost whatever microcosm of swag he had in college or he just isn’t a hard worker. Anyway, doubtful he will be traded, but if Primo and Jock do well, I’m intrigued about shipping DJM and Yak.

Walker? What’s the update with him? I recall a deadline coming up if we want to extend him. Right now, I say wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. Will also be interesting to see the ascension of Jock and how that complicates our center position, in a good way.

To me, Yak has lots of untapped potential. I can’t tell if he lost whatever microcosm of swag he had in college or he just isn’t a hard worker. Anyway, doubtful he will be traded, but if Primo and Jock do well, I’m intrigued about shipping DJM and Yak.

Walker? What’s the update with him? I recall a deadline coming up if we want to extend him. Right now, I say wait.

Edit: I mistook this page for off-season banter. Oops. Back to Forbes angst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons would work great with Yak in pick in roll..... virtually unstoppable.
    Two players who are awful free throw shooters and Simmons cannot even take a jump shot. Simmons is even worse than Poeltl from the line. Good idea -- two guys who you cannot play in the fourth quarter although Jakob is actually improving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I doubt they trade Poeltl. He's on a really reasonable deal and does some really vital things on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans, Hornets interested in Lauri, no mention of the Spurs:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...d-per-reports/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans, Hornets interested in Lauri, no mention of the Spurs:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...d-per-reports/
    spurs already not getting lauri due to price. seems in line with what everyone here is thinking. dont think they will change their mind unless he lowers his price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two players who are awful free throw shooters and Simmons cannot even take a jump shot. Simmons is even worse than Poeltl from the line. Good idea -- two guys who you cannot play in the fourth quarter although Jakob is actually improving.

He mentioned Simmons and Poeltl together on the pick and roll, but they are both so pass oriented, they’d both stop under the basket and pass the ball back and forth. Lol

I agree with you that a deal for Poeltl is doubtful. People focus too much on players as individuals. For the team, the Spurs won’t find a better center than Poeltl in that price range.

And about Simmons, whatever his awards and stats may be, he sure isn’t looking like a “team” player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are lots of scenarios that make sense. PHX, POR and many others. Easily would do Saric + Kaminsky + 1st for Thad
    Frank the Tank for the Tank!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm intrigued by Thad Young trade scenarios, but he also has a lot of value to the team as he is, a veteran hustler who can fit in and take some quiet leadership duties as the newer players progress.

But getting a first for him would be electric, even if it means taking on more long-term salary. Managing to get two first round picks for an already-departing Derozan would be amazing.

Thread Information