Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2513
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    methinks he's talking out of his ass

We’d be lucky if it was just Murray, Lonnie, Chi Pick, and Thad Young.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’d be lucky if it was just Murray, Lonnie, Chi Pick, and Thad Young.
    I could see that if Philly likes Siakam and moves our assets to them in a 3 team deal.... or if Portland decides to move McCollum or Lillard and they send our assets there along with some of their own (that assumes that Portland wants to rebuild instead of retool around Simmons).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m all in for Ben Simmons. Make him the focal point of offense, without waiting on Embiid, and he will deliver. Just surround him with shooters to open the lanes. Make it right, Brian.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And two years of $35 million cap hits for a guy not playing for them, but who cares about details

That said, they can probably get Schroeder back for free now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we shouldn’t bring this up because it’s probably nothing but Dejounte put on his story a pic of him on a plane that says “They gone hate you today and love you tomorrow, just make sure you get paid on both days.” Kinda weird right?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m all in for Ben Simmons. Make him the focal point of offense, without waiting on Embiid, and he will deliver. Just surround him with shooters to open the lanes. Make it right, Brian.
    Surround him with shooters you say?

We already need shooters to make our starting lineup work, add Simmons into the mix and major roster moves are needed.
    Poeltl would definitely have to go.

I don't think Simmons+DJ+Keldon would work, so DJ would have to go, too. Probably in Simmons trade.

I'd only go for Simmons if it's a reasonable price and we also get Myles Turner. Otherwise it doesn't work.

White-Walker-Keldon-Simmons-Turner with McDermott, Vassell, Landale and another veteran PG (and Forbes, ugh) would be decent.

I'd rather trade Withe than Murray, but Murray doesn't fit with Simmons.
    And if we want Turner or a similar shooting big (can't think of anyone right now) we probably lose everyone but Keldon+1 young player.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you setting yourself up like this? Is it that hard to believe this front office is just re ed and McDermott, Collins, and Forbes were the plan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you setting yourself up like this? Is it that hard to believe this front office is just re ed and McDermott, Collins, and Forbes were the plan?
    Exactly.

And Forbes can't be saved by anyone's defense around him.

Milwaukee had multiple defensive player of the year winner Giannis, elite rim protection in Lopez, the best perimeter guard defender in the league in Jrue, long and effective Middleton, tough guy PJ, and even they couldn't save Forbes. Forbes level of suck is too strong for the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Spurs fans are still in denial on how their infallible front office can be so stupid. Was Timmy running the front office back then too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we have like 19 guys under contract tho

unless you think the plan was for ownership to just eat 4 contracts
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-04-2021 at 04:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we shouldn’t bring this up because it’s probably nothing but Dejounte put on his story a pic of him on a plane that says “They gone hate you today and love you tomorrow, just make sure you get paid on both days.” Kinda weird right?
    Either he's hinting that the Spurs have told him he might be traded.

OR he's showing solidarity with DeMar on his way out.

Or DJ is an immature manchild.

Any could be possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't have the centerpiece needed for Simmons nor could whatever iteration of a potential package you want to come up with get them that piece via a third team because it isn't available at the moment (if they wanted Sexton+, Brogdon+, McCollum+, etc., it'd be done).

Siakam is slightly more realistic because the Raptors don't have an Embiid and aren't as married to win now, but even if they're high on White or Murray, I don't see the point of attaching however much draft capital needed for a 27 year old complimentary - pseudo star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surround him with shooters you say?

We already need shooters to make our starting lineup work, add Simmons into the mix and major roster moves are needed.
    Poeltl would definitely have to go.

I don't think Simmons+DJ+Keldon would work, so DJ would have to go, too. Probably in Simmons trade.

I'd only go for Simmons if it's a reasonable price and we also get Myles Turner. Otherwise it doesn't work.

White-Walker-Keldon-Simmons-Turner with McDermott, Vassell, Landale and another veteran PG (and Forbes, ugh) would be decent.

I'd rather trade Withe than Murray, but Murray doesn't fit with Simmons.
    And if we want Turner or a similar shooting big (can't think of anyone right now) we probably lose everyone but Keldon+1 young player.
    DJ = Simmons are the same and bad spacing together, so DJ has to go
    Forbes signing to replace Lonnie, and open lanes. Lonnie can go
    Fellow Aussie Landale who can shoot instead of Poeltl, Poeltl can go
    Or send Aminu expiring contract to complete the numbers.
    Bulls picks

The roster is set, just need a star.

Simmons did not got to Olympics, a lifetime medal opportunity with the current roster that they have, to work on his game after the media trashing. I think he will be back with a big chip on his shoulder. And at 25?

I’m hoping the PATFO is just ironing out the differences. I wouldn’t let this opportunity to snatch a star pass. It could take years of tanking to get a high draft and develop a star. While Simmons is available within reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean, the confidence has to come from SOMEWHERE…

Sorry Chinook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry Chinook
    The kid is volatile. He’s too out there, going against Pop in the huddle. I mean, I love that DJ has been working on his game hard but he’s immature. I really rather they give the helm to Derrick, or include him to a trade for Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's sign LMA back while we're at it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think the Lakers are not done yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so there's a big trade going down to get Dinwiddie to the Wizards. The Athletic is reporting it's at least a 4 team trade with the Nets, Lakers, Wizards, Pacers involved. Could become a 6 team deal if Spurs and Bulls get in on this. Nets were reportedly interested in bringing Thad Young back. I assume that's the deal they are up on, but who knows. Definitely think aside from Aminu and Young, Poeltl, Samanic and Walker or Vassell are on the table.

Hearing the most likely outcome is that the Spencer Dinwiddie sign-and-trade becomes part of the Russell Westbrook trade. That would make it, at minimum, a four-team deal (Nets, Lakers, Wizards, Pacers) that includes a sign-and-trade, base-year compensation and the luxury-tax apron, and there may very well be a fifth team involved to drop off unwanted salary. Fasten your seat belts, cap guys; it’s about to get crazy out there

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry Chinook
    Technically, Murray isn’t leaving. The Spurs would be trading him haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry Chinook
    If nothing else, dude's loyal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Welp, we don't appear to have an issue overpaying injured players.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They did a wallet biopsy and saw he needed more money, I’m guessing. Weird to come back.

Thread Information