Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask a Jehovah's Witness why they say it's against their religious beliefs to get a simple blood transfusion?

You don't know, but according to our Cons ution a person's religious beliefs should be respected, and protected, ESPECIALLY if you don't agree with it. Or does "my body my choice" only get compartmentalized if your talking abortion, for example.

If someone doesn't want the vaccine, they shouldn't be forced by society, the government, nor should they be under threat of loosing their job. There is plenty of data that shows people who have been vaxed getting COVID anyway. So what is the bottom line? You get a gold star and a pat on the head by a government bureaucrat? I'll pass ...
    You cannot put other people's lives wilfully in danger. You can't drink and drive. That's not right. Going unvaxxed when all you have is some dumbass belief in God or whatever the isn't being just or responsible to others around you. It's just selfish and destructive.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Unvaccinated are the new Minority to on in this country. Even though I have been vaccinated and believe that there is plenty of evidence that you should, I am astounded by the downright UnAmerican behavior that is accepted in the name of the pandemic.
    Nothing unamerican about it. Vaccine mandates have been part of the USA for over 100 years. Get over it.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask a Jehovah's Witness why they say it's against their religious beliefs to get a simple blood transfusion?

You don't know, but according to our Cons ution a person's religious beliefs should be respected, and protected, ESPECIALLY if you don't agree with it. Or does "my body my choice" only get compartmentalized if your talking abortion, for example.

If someone doesn't want the vaccine, they shouldn't be forced by society, the government, nor should they be under threat of loosing their job. There is plenty of data that shows people who have been vaxed getting COVID anyway. So what is the bottom line? You get a gold star and a pat on the head by a government bureaucrat? I'll pass ...
    So much nonsense in this post. Antivaxxers continue to demonstrate they have little knowledge about anything, particularly vaccines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your rights stop where other people’s rights begin. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, sure but don’t go socializing without mask and endangering others. Moreover, don’t go running to the ER and ICU’s when you contracted COVID because of your own stubborness, and deny beds from cancer, elderly, and other patients who deserve them more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your rights stop where other people’s rights begin. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, sure but don’t go socializing without mask and endangering others. Moreover, don’t go running to the ER and ICU’s when you contracted COVID because of your own stubborness, and deny beds from cancer, elderly, and other patients who deserve them more.
    Very well said!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much nonsense in this post. Antivaxxers continue to demonstrate they have little knowledge about anything, particularly vaccines
    Of course, none of the injections meet the legal definition of a vaccine. When you start changing the actual meaning of words to advance your agenda people become rightfully su ious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, none of the injections meet the legal definition of a vaccine. When you start changing the actual meaning of words to advance your agenda people become rightfully su ious.
    lmao. do tell. I never knew there was a "legal" definition of a vaccine. it's a ing vaccine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao. do tell. I never knew there was a "legal" definition of a vaccine. it's a ing vaccine.
    Your ignorance is obvious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your ignorance is obvious.
    then take a stab at educating me, bruv.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then take a stab at educating me, bruv.
    PM me and I will send you some links.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The government shouldn't have the right to force you to get vaccinated. But they should have the right to regulate things like flying on airplanes and require vaccinations to get on a plane. And state and local governments should also have the right to require you to get vaccinated for any job where you pose a risk to others. Public schools require all kinds of vaccinations and so if you don't want your kid to be vaccinated, you have to home school him. There are options, but not believing in vaccinations doesn't give you the right to expose other people to a virus by refusing to get vaccinated. And while people do get COVID even after getting vaccinated, the cases are significantly less dangerous and help avoid hospitalization and death for the most vulnerable to COVID. But if someone wants to take the chance of dying, they should have the right to do that by refusing a vaccine. But there rights don't give them the right to pose a risk to other people. So they have to live with some regulations that will limit what they can do when they are around others.

Should an individual employer be allowed to fire an employee for not getting vaccinated? I would assume so for most people because most people are at-will employees, which means they can pretty much be fired for just about anything. Most people are not avoiding the vaccine for legitimate religious reasons, so I don't think that it violates civil rights. And for the same reason, I don't think the government violates the cons ution by requiring vaccinations or constant testing for those that do not want vaccinations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it gets me that five years ago the vast majority of people didn't give a about vaccinations to attend school or go over seas but now suddenly they're against them. , these same people made fun of those who did for being crazy liberals.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you wrote is nonsense. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it gets me that five years ago the vast majority of people didn't give a about vaccinations to attend school or go over seas but now suddenly they're against them. , these same people made fun of those who did for being crazy liberals.
    Yeah, anti-vaxxers used to be more evenly split between the left-right camps.

Also, indoor athletics is dangerous for COVID as particles are going much further than 6 feet. This is why at beginning the gyms had to shut down.

Really shameful stuff going on. I think there's still a small group of people who haven't gotten their shots and could be convinced to so I'm fine with a "gentle" approach for now. But to those intentionally spreading misinformation . . . wow. We are a society, and better for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is plenty of data that shows people who have been vaxed getting COVID anyway. So what is the bottom line?
    Bottom line is it's shameful that after a 2 year global pandemic people still don't understand how vaccines work, yet they have strong opinions anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue was that the vaccines were rushed, because they had to be. New research came out that one of the vaccine reduved fertility in females. We are now vaccinate young girls without their permission. Overall, we need to vaccinate. But let's not pretend there's no issues by mandating it.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The government shouldn't have the right to force you to get vaccinated. But they should have the right to regulate things like flying on airplanes and require vaccinations to get on a plane. And state and local governments should also have the right to require you to get vaccinated for any job where you pose a risk to others. Public schools require all kinds of vaccinations and so if you don't want your kid to be vaccinated, you have to home school him. There are options, but not believing in vaccinations doesn't give you the right to expose other people to a virus by refusing to get vaccinated. And while people do get COVID even after getting vaccinated, the cases are significantly less dangerous and help avoid hospitalization and death for the most vulnerable to COVID. But if someone wants to take the chance of dying, they should have the right to do that by refusing a vaccine. But there rights don't give them the right to pose a risk to other people. So they have to live with some regulations that will limit what they can do when they are around others.

Should an individual employer be allowed to fire an employee for not getting vaccinated? I would assume so for most people because most people are at-will employees, which means they can pretty much be fired for just about anything. Most people are not avoiding the vaccine for legitimate religious reasons, so I don't think that it violates civil rights. And for the same reason, I don't think the government violates the cons ution by requiring vaccinations or constant testing for those that do not want vaccinations.
    This.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't done much research on it, but isn't natural immunity stronger if you get Covid-19 and fight it off naturally? I thought I read/saw someone mentioned natural immunity is up to 13 times stronger.

Also, if a person chooses not to be vaccinated, what is the big issue if everyone else around him/her is vaccinated? Wouldn't the only person at risk be the person who chose not to be vaccinated? Does that person pose a risk to vaccinated people (I don't know enough about it, so that is why I'm asking). If not, and they're only potentially harming themselves, I don't see a problem if everyone else around them are vaccinated.

I also don't think it should be mandatory. What about all the issues with people having blood clots and other issues with it? What if you're perfectly fine and it screws you up? What happens if one of your family members dies from it? Are you going to be happy with that? It's a tough call as it's so new and I don't think anyone knows the long-term effects of it (hopefully there aren't any).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, yes, the “links”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, I have received the JnJ shot. I operate an assisted living facility and an adult daycare. Out of 127 residents and employees 125 have received one of the approved treatments. So I definitely believe the treatments have great value. My earlier point that it does not meet the legal definition of a vaccine is correct. Blacks Law defines a vaccine as a substance taken to PREVENT someone from getting a disease. You never hear about someone who received the polio vaccine getting a mild case of polio. These injections are designed to elicit a particular response from the body if you do get COVID. That’s why treated individuals can still get it and pass it. Once again IMO this is an exciting new technology that has great possibilities beyond COVID. My point earlier was that by calling it something that it is not you raise legitimate concerns that other representations may be suspect. For everyone concerned that they will catch COVID from an untreated person get a shot. Then your risks are similar for the flu. And people can have legitimate reasons for not wanting the treatment. My wife has MS. This is a disease that has long stretches of dormancy punctuated by what can be terrifying periods of activity that can even cause temporary blindness. 11 years ago her MS was triggered by a flu shot she was required to get for her job at Lackland. She had to use a Walker for a period of time. She since has not been required to have the shot with a letter from her neurologist. They are not accepting that now and she has to make a very difficult decision to risk triggering an episode or lose her job. Herd mentality rarely leads to workable, fair solutions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't done much research on it, but isn't natural immunity stronger if you get Covid-19 and fight it off naturally? I thought I read/saw someone mentioned natural immunity is up to 13 times stronger.

Also, if a person chooses not to be vaccinated, what is the big issue if everyone else around him/her is vaccinated? Wouldn't the only person at risk be the person who chose not to be vaccinated? Does that person pose a risk to vaccinated people (I don't know enough about it, so that is why I'm asking). If not, and they're only potentially harming themselves, I don't see a problem if everyone else around them are vaccinated.

I also don't think it should be mandatory. What about all the issues with people having blood clots and other issues with it? What if you're perfectly fine and it screws you up? What happens if one of your family members dies from it? Are you going to be happy with that? It's a tough call as it's so new and I don't think anyone knows the long-term effects of it (hopefully there aren't any).
    Nah, natural immunity at best gets you 5 months but only if you had a legit bout of COVID (not one of those asymptomatic varieties). This is what my doctor told my when I had a scary bout of covid with double pneumonia in Dec 2020.

On the unvaccinated free riding on the vaccinated, man somethings never change. Those people are the same ones in high school that would join the group project, do no work, copy the groups answers, and coast to the passing grade. Amazing how some people are content never pulling their weight and relying on others to finish the group project.

I do get sensitivities for those with pre-existing conditions or religious concerns, but, let’s be honest, those are the minority of objectors here. This has become tribal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue was that the vaccines were rushed, because they had to be. New research came out that one of the vaccine reduved fertility in females. We are now vaccinate young girls without their permission. Overall, we need to vaccinate. But let's not pretend there's no issues by mandating it.
    This is all horse . You're seriously misinformed and maybe deliberately lying.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Fabricated outrage born out of politics. These people are voting machine experts, virologists, vaccine aficionados and know more about reproduction and woman’s vaginas despite rarely being allowed to touch one.

All this education and these ing losers can’t figure out how to keep their bull off a basketball forum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi. Long term lurker here. Have enjoyed the forum for years, just reading.

I’m a physician and here’s my two cents on the issue.

First of, it’s good to ask questions like these. They are valid and opens everything up for discussion, and hopefully, education.

The problem with natural immunity and COVID-19 is that there are so many variants to consider. Right now, the predominant strain appears to be the Delta variant. So if we get infected now, we will likely get that variant, and as a result, be immune to that variant and, in theory, that variant only.

This is the reason why we have to vaccinate and achieve herd immunity. The longer we don’t vaccinate as a community, the more time we give the virus to mutate, which would pose even more issues and possibly necessitate even more boosters. This is one of the reasons why the Flu is such a problem. It mutates pretty much every year, requiring us to get yearly boosters.

Our current fear right now is if we give the virus enough time to mutate further, it may evade vaccines completely, or even present differently than how it did before. Look at the Wild strain back in 2019 and the early 2020s. It used to almost exclusively affect the elderly and those with co-morbidities. The Delta is different in that it now seems to affect all age groups proportionately. Children still usually present with very mild symptoms but I have been to the pedia wards and I see infants and children intubated all the same.

It’s true that we have no sure idea how the vaccine will affect us in the long run because we simply don’t have 5, 10 years’ worth of papers and studies to show to the public proving its safety, but early studies so far have shown that the overwhelming majority of the side effects are mild and self-limiting. The technology used for the mRNA vaccines are the similar to the ones we were trying to develop back in the SARS CoV-1 days so that can explain a bit why Pfizer and Moderna were able to fast track their vaccination development.

We are pretty hopeful that there will be no long-term risks anyway as far as the vaccine is concerned, and that’s backed up anyway by the history of vaccines in general. And since the advent of the first vaccine, the benefit of protection has far outweighed the potential risk it can carry.

I just hope everyone makes the right choice in time.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by XenoThirteen; 09-24-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Thread Information