Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad looked pretty washed late last year… I’d rather just let Derozan walk than add a washed bum to the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Spurs putting together the CREAM* Team, Markkanen doesn't really fit so I'm skeptical he'd be a part of a DeRozan sign-and-trade. Markkanen has a rep of being aloof, lazy and someone who rolls his eyes at coaches. Thaddeus Young, on the other hand, would fit the CREAM Team. Everyone loves Thad.

So putting my CREAM hat on, I'd suspect something like Thad, Troy Brown Jr. and a second rounder for DeRozan in a sign-and-trade.

(*character over everything)
    F*ck off man Are you trolling? How on earth would a package of old ass Thad, Troy Brown and a 2nd be enough to entice SA to give up on Collins??? Troy Brown is crappy prospect and he’s basically due to get “paid” soon. If it’s not Lauri, they would easily need to include Patrick Williams for any shot here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F*ck off man Are you trolling? How on earth would a package of old ass Thad, Troy Brown and a 2nd be enough to entice SA to give up on Collins???
    We building the CREAM Team, homie. Catch up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're underestimating how cheap the Hawks are trying to go. IF the rumors are right, the Hawks want to keep him to less than $100M/4yrs. If I have my math right, The max the spurs can put on the table is $119M/4yrs, starting at $28M. The max the Hawks could put in front of him is $163M/5yrs. There is some wiggle room to work between the Hawks desired value, and what the spurs can offer (not a lot though).
    Hawks are probably trying to avoid the tax, and I have them right at $114 million excluding Collins’ contract and including their draft pick. The Okongwu injury stung them because it forced a trade for Thompson at almost $10 million.

Tax is $136.6 million, so that’s probably how they’re sizing their offer to Collins.

He can be had. Hawks still have MLE if they were to decide not to match him.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're underestimating how cheap the Hawks are trying to go. IF the rumors are right, the Hawks want to keep him to less than $100M/4yrs. If I have my math right, The max the spurs can put on the table is $119M/4yrs, starting at $28M. The max the Hawks could put in front of him is $163M/5yrs. There is some wiggle room to work between the Hawks desired value, and what the spurs can offer (not a lot though).
    Seems like they're just waiting for the Spurs to do something stupid, probably a good gamble to make. Then I guess they legitimately can get him for 4 years, $100 million if no one is around to sign him to an offer sheet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We building the CREAM Team, homie. Catch up.
    My man, I know you are full on CREAM team scenario and rightfully so, but there is no way SA is so stupid that they would take that package that doesnt help their team at all just to appease DDR.

No way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How mad would people get if Spurs land Markannen instead of John Collins?

Lol I don’t even want to think about it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am 100% certain you can renounce and trade still. The rights only matter with regards to in bent team wanting to resign said player using bird rights.
    I looked into it and you are correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any scenario that doesn’t include John Collins effort first is a fail.

If they try and lose out on Collins fine. But if they are dealing with the bulls they need either Lauri (on a reasonable deal - pay him like he’s Dougie Fresh) and/or a first round pick and Patrick Williams along with Thad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man, I know you are full on CREAM team scenario and rightfully so, but there is no way SA is so stupid that they would take that package that doesnt help their team at all just to appease DDR.

No way.
    I can 100% see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills to the Nets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the Spurs' perspective, it almost looks like Collins vs. Markkanen vs. DeRozan.

If it was only basketball issues (i.e., age, fit, team considerations, but factoring out money and all other things "non-basketball"), who would you take in such an ideal world?

Collins seems flashy but Atlanta is a savvy organization -- they're hesitating.

Markkanen looks good, too, but apparently his D is suspect -- rim protection is critical from that position.

DeRozan is DeRozan.

I might prefer trying to get future considerations (maybe draft picks) to any of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am now expecting a terrible sign and trade with DeMar and no play for John Collins

Why?

Have you seen the moves Brian Wright has been making?

Does his history give you any confidence that he's smart enough to even realize the benefits of getting Collins?

The front office have proven they're out of their minds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree..just depends on who SA actually values as a player? Lauri or Collins. I think since SA has the space they won’t care much about Collins being 28M vs Lauri being 15/18M…I think its who do they value as a player more?

Now, if CHI offers like 3 firsts for DDR then maybe that skews it as they view Lauri as solid but getting 3 extra picks or something. But IMO it’s which player do they want, Collins or Lauri more than anything else.
    I agree with that...I personally prefer JC but, I've gone back and forth on it over the course of the year... they could very well prefer Lauri...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No way.
    yeah they’re stupid enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty to BKN 12.1M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So long mate…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So long mate…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reuniting Forbes and Mills. Hope they close games together.

Nets don’t plan on playing any defense. Like ever I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A package from the Bulls must include Markannen or Patrick Williams, otherwise what is the point of doing the trade? Just to make Demar happy? The Spurs need to get a prospect out of it. If I understand correctly, the earliest first round pick the Spurs could receive from the Bulls would be 2025, which is not too appealing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-dem...184254950.html

The Chicago Bulls are also courting DeRozan, sources said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really losing all the vets fans getting what they wanted once Demars gone. ing hope they get JC

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy that we end the Patty, Rudy era, next derozan. I lilke the three but it's time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeRozan to meet with the Clippers today according to Haynes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-dem...eu5zgi0HSpwhtR

"
    All the team has at its disposal is the $5.3 million taxpayer midlevel exception. A sign-and-trade with the San Antonio Spurs — DeRozan’s previous team — could also be an option, but it’s unclear if the Clippers have the assets the Spurs would want."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeRozan to meet with the Clippers today according to Haynes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-dem...eu5zgi0HSpwhtR

"
    All the team has at its disposal is the $5.3 million taxpayer midlevel exception. A sign-and-trade with the San Antonio Spurs — DeRozan’s previous team — could also be an option, but it’s unclear if the Clippers have the assets the Spurs would want."
    Kennard, Keon, and Tre?

Thread Information