Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101
Results 2,501 to 2,513 of 2513
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm of the opinion that the thread should be used as intended, and not as some provax/antivax -slinging contest, but I'll correct you on this before going back to the shadows:

The COVID vaccine(s) are referred to as such, and correctly, because they do grant immunization against the virus - just not perfect, absolute immunity, like the anti-vax crowd "demands" in order to take the shot. Matter of fact, most vaccines don't offer absolute immunity, and historically there have been multiple vaccines which outright infected the people who took them. Take smallpox, for example: the original vaccines outright infected people with a different, less severe version of 'pox, called cowpox, and even the most widely available and used vaccine to treat smallpox, called Dryvax, wasn't 100%, and had a non-insignificant percentage of serious, do ented side effects: "The vaccine is effective, providing successful immunogenicity in about 95% of vaccinated persons. Dryvax has serious adverse side-effects in about 1% to 2% of cases". Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6532594/

So yeah, that's bull , the COVID vaccines, while obviously far away still from a %95 success rate, are still effective and worth taking.

Can we go back to discussing free agents now? That'd be great...
    Don’t all these guys up with reality. They don’t understand it.

Crazy how these patriots are ready to take up arms and trade gun fire with imaginary enemies until it means getting a tiny boo boo on their shoulder then it’s all “ Americans”. Because they never gave a about anyone but themselves in the first place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, at this point the huge driver of unvaxxed are white Republicans, most of them evangelicals, i.e. the stupidest, most misguided morons on the planet. There are unfortunately other groups who are also stupid, but they're starting to pick up and come around.

But the massive problem with this country -- and not just because of the pandemic -- are the stupid Trumper types. Absolutely cretinous, awful, disgusting people who are dragging us down.
    Mr Body is a perfect example of what is wrong with this country and why I am looking at relocating to Costa Rica. Absolute intolerance for an opposing point of view. It saddens me how this country has lost virtually all it’s civility in the past 40 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the trump supporters hate. Didn't he get a load of votes. Second most in US history?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

The Brooklyn Nets are trading forward Sekou Doumbouya and a second-round pick to the Houston Rockets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

7:24pm · 5 Oct 2021 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon
    1m
    Rockets intend to waive Sekou Doumbouya after acquiring him along with a second-round pick in a trade with the Nets, sources tell ESPN. Rockets sent Nets $110,000. The pick is unprotected in 2024.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the correct use of the term, yes.

For those who lack the ability to use an online dictionary:

---
    vaccine
    noun
    any preparation used as a preventive inoculation to confer immunity against a specific disease, usually employing an innocuous form of the disease agent, as killed or weakened bacteria or viruses, to stimulate antibody production.
    ---

Vaccines are for the prevention of a disease. They confer immunity.

Those who want to use the term to mean "any shot" are just ignorantly wrong.

And of course those who get most deeply involved in online discussions of this kind are almost always the ones who are the most ignorant of the subject. Those who are the most ignorant have the most room, in their own minds, to be preachy and pig-headed, at endless length.
    except nobody said it means "any shot"

vac·cine
    /vakˈsēn/
    noun

• a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic subs ute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rockets just waived sekou doumbouya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rockets just waived sekou doumbouya.
    I remember a lot of posters being all in on this guy during the draft hopefully he gets another shot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to think people were in here ing about primo @ 12........

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Horford any good anymore?

Cause I was thinking who we could package for someone and two ppl that have contracts that are bloated and could be gettable are him and Kevin Love.

Kevin Love looks done and has been injured for so long... but a rotation big that can hit the three seems good and both fit the bill. With that being said I haven't followed either in a couple years but I think Horford would be perfect for this group to start.

I did some armchair gm numbers and Thad, Aminu, and Samanic fit perfectly for Horford. I don't know how much they value him or how much value he has in the league but for a team like ours we could use someone of his tenure and experience and the money shouldn't be a problem.

Murray/Lonnie/Tre
    White/Bryn/Primo
    KJ/Vasell/
    McD/KBD/
    Horford/Poetl/Drew/Jock

Then you would have a slot for a back combo forward.

White, Aminu, and Luka also works and I would even prefer that and keep Thad a little longer for roster balance. I don't think any pick swaps would be needed for this deal either and White has time with a lot of the Boston players from Team USA.

Murray/Primo/Tre
    Lonnie/Bryn
    KJ/Vassell
    McD/Thad/KBD
    Horford/Poetl/Drew/Jock

SeemsGood. KBD can play both forward slots and Tre can play both guard spots and both are combos so it seems perfect and well balanced.

Maybe even better then that is White, Poetl, and Luka for Horford. That would seem to be the most compelling offer for Boston I would think. You get two quality rotation players and a crack at Luka. Great value...

Murray/Primo/Tre
    Lonnie/Bryn
    KJ/Vassell/KBD
    McD/Thad/Aminu
    Horford/Drew/Jock

This deal is probably the most balanced and compe ive. It would be a great mix of serviceable vets and youth.

Boston desperately need depth too. I think they would at least consider it. They'd probably ask for a first if we made the offer but.. yeah

White
    Smart
    Brown
    Tatum
    Poetl or Williams

That seems like a very good lineup. White can have free reigns in his role behind Tatum and Brown and then also have the bigs he needs to orchestrate. He may even become Denver White again. It just makes too much sense for both teams. The defense and offense of that Boston team would be pretty elite.
    Last edited by raybies; 10-11-2021 at 08:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information