Page 25 of 101 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the Spurs can have infinite cap space and somehow make the team worse than with Mills/Rudy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I have a baaaad feeling that the Spurs are keeping that salary cap room open for DeRozan

Duh,spurs are waiting on depression to determine his market value.Maybe there is still hope for a s&t,but given this roster construction they think they are a derozan away from the 8th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duh,spurs are waiting on depression to determine his market value
    There is no one really left with cap space…so his value is at best MLE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What poison pill could the Spurs put in there? A 15% trade kicker?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I have a baaaad feeling that the Spurs are keeping that salary cap room open for DeRozan
    then why cant they sign him now, whats the point of open? just in case he finds a different team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no one really left with cap space…so his value is at best MLE.
    not in san antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I am not kidding…If SA brings back DDR I am selling my season tickets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not in san antonio
    Then tell him to go play for the MLE. What is his threat? If you let me go, you’ll be out of the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I am not kidding…If SA brings back DDR I am selling my season tickets.
    no way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then tell him to go play for the MLE. What is his threat? If you let me go, you’ll be out of the playoffs?

Im not brian wright. I dont know why they are pulling this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duh,spurs are waiting on depression to determine his market value.Maybe there is still hope for a s&t,but given this roster construction they think they are a derozan away from the 8th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A restricted free agent may sign an offer sheet with a new team, although the 48-hour matching period does not begin until the conclusion of the Moratorium.

Found that in the CBA. So, for example, the Spurs could sign John Collins right now ... but the 48-hour clock doesn't begin until Friday. Thus, the strategy would be to wait until Friday to officially give him the offer sheet, right?

I mean, obviously, you don't get that much of an advantage by delaying it -- but even a slight advantage may be helpful. If you try to put a poison pill in the contract or something like that, you'd want the Hawks to have only 48 hours to look it over rather than like a week or whatever it'd be.

The Spurs won’t do anything like a poison pill. Recall that Wright was named “most honest gm” by his peers. He wouldn’t tarnish his rep.

Or from another perspective, the Spurs aren’t bright enough to fool anybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then why cant they sign him now, whats the point of open? just in case he finds a different team?
    I'm sure DeRozan is still trying to convince someone he's still worth $15+ million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I legit hate this FO. I have no idea how they can turn such a joyous off season into literally nightmare fuel. A lottery pick and tons of space and they zapped every single drop of hope and spark out of the fanbase. That is impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im literally watching koth right now if i may demonstrate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the meltdown when DePression is resigned is gonna be historic, and I'll be right there with everyone losing my .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What poison pill could the Spurs put in there? A 15% trade kicker?
    they could give him a player option on year 4. It's what Charlotte did when they signed Hayward to a max sheet. The Jazz matched, but Hayward never forgave them for making him go out and get the sheet instead of just paying him so he bolted after 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I legit hate this FO. I have no idea how they can turn such a joyous off season into literally nightmare fuel. A lottery pick and tons of space and they zapped every single drop of hope and spark out of the fanbase. That is impressive.
    Might legit be a ploy to make moving from SA more feasible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A restricted free agent may sign an offer sheet with a new team, although the 48-hour matching period does not begin until the conclusion of the Moratorium.

Found that in the CBA. So, for example, the Spurs could sign John Collins right now ... but the 48-hour clock doesn't begin until Friday. Thus, the strategy would be to wait until Friday to officially give him the offer sheet, right?

I mean, obviously, you don't get that much of an advantage by delaying it -- but even a slight advantage may be helpful. If you try to put a poison pill in the contract or something like that, you'd want the Hawks to have only 48 hours to look it over rather than like a week or whatever it'd be.
    Yeah, but the Spurs risk having Collins and the Hawks come to an agreement in the meantime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that happens, I’m going to need an article on the 12 steps tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but the Spurs risk having Collins and the Hawks come to an agreement in the meantime.
    Also risk the Spurs doing something else stupid, like "doing right" by DeMar, whether that means a new deal or a sign and trade where the Spurs have to eat $20 million in bad players to be nice guys.

Also don't want to give the Spurs time to sign another injured player like Peckovic or Brandon Roy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would this likely be a S&T with the Clippers?
    Morris? lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying it for hours but I'm getting clowned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs max Collins and Hawks don't match, it's a pretty good off season. I know Timvp atm is drinking bleach but the team would be far more balanced than previous years. It looks increasingly obvious that Hawks are not giving Collins a max. They want him to sign a Jarred Allen dean, that 4 for 100mil type of deal or 5 for 120. They want his annual salary to be down towards the 20's and not the 30's. So the Hawks are waiting to see if anyone team would give him the max and if not then they get him at his deserving price.

That's not to say that the Hawks won't match him but it's clear they don't want to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Hawks have a lot of mouths to feed and could just give Hunter more of Collins' minutes.

Thread Information