My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been putting up gaudy numbers, most recently 23/16, and is averaging 20 and 15 and 2.5 assists.

He plays good defense, though not as good as Poeltl, but is clearly a huge upgrade on offense. He stretches the floor and is great in both PnR and PnP. He's exactly what a young player like Primo needs to blossom his game.

And given the Pelicans poor trajectory this year, he may be gettable at a better than expected price as they also deal with the prospect of Zion ultimately forcing his way out and are forced into perma-rebuild mode. Some combination of Poeltl and picks. Or a first, plus Thad and KBD?

Come at me bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets just go after every ing loser ok.
    lmao. losers dont put up 22 pts and 23 rebs vs KAT or 23 pts and 16 rebs vs Ayton.

Those are Timmay numbers. only a fool wouldn't explore getting better with his addition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another one of those trade ideas that the Spurs could capture a good player with wishes and a few so-so players. Are Unicorns really out there????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have him on our team, I was surprised when Memphis traded him to the Pelicans.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another one of those trade ideas that the Spurs could capture a good player with wishes and a few so-so players. Are Unicorns really out there????
    He's on the books for two more years after this season. There might have been some salary-dump possibilities, but I don't see Valanciunas making sense for the Spurs. Poeltl at his team-friendly salary is a lot to give up and you don't bring in Valanciunas to bring him off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl and pick(s) isn't nothing. Nor is Thad Young, who we supposedly want a first for, plus KBD, and a first. I'd agree I've seen some pie-in-the-sky trades suggestions around here. But this isn't one.

And unlike some who wanted to ship out Murray, and Lonnie, and Samanic, plus two firsts and a second for a guy that can't shoot or hit a FT a couple weeks back, I'm also not suggesting we Mortgage the future for one player.

This is a very sound swap for both teams given ideally we'd like to be on the upswing and NO is clearly headed toward a long-term rebuild.

Furthermore, I pity the ppl thinking Valanciunas is a bad player (read Dabom).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't trading for anything

Thread Information