Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it? He was obvious with this team and that money; all this other stuff they did shows their head is up their ass.

You don’t put yourself in a situation where you now need a Collins to even break even. At the end of the day it’s a results business. We missed PO twice, had a lottery pick and 50M in cap space and look at the situation we find ourselves in. No better in either direction truly with all those assets used up and having to hope we can salvage it…how does that happen?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Satoransky + Thad Young contract + 2022 pick for DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC too but they won't. Presti will keep salary cap space to keep racking up those first round picks.
    Oh you mean a good GM . Has a better prospect than SA in Shai, way better future for rebuild and still as much flexibility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are those Spurstalk sources??? Things are slow on the news front and I need some insider knowledge to sustain what little hope I have left. Someone tell me that they know what the angle is here
    The plan is to throw $150mil at Mills this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    now
    Free agent G Max Strus is returning to the Miami Heat on a two-year, $3.5M deal, his agent Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tells ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Satoransky + Thad Young contract + 2022 pick for DeRozan.
    Satoransky is gone in the Lonzo deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh you mean a good GM . Has a better prospect than SA in Shai, way better future for rebuild and still as much flexibility

Right ,were ting on a team in a similar siuation with a ton more picks,and same cap flexibility

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Satoransky is gone in the Lonzo deal
    Ah, missed that. Thx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any 3-point shooting Centers left on the board? We need a starter for Poeltl to back up.

FIFY

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, with all the moves the Bulls have made, does that mean the S and T for Markkanen is dead?

Must say I'm underwhelmed with our signings so far.
    Yeah. I don’t see it, and to be clear itd have to be a “double sign and trade.” Spurs have zero incentive to help Chicago, especially since they just jettisoned their interesting pieces to NOLA

Of course Spurs can just over pay for Lauri.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad when the best thing you can say is “At least they were cheap…”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, but don't see it happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl
    Eubanks
    Samanic
    Weiskamp
    Mcdermott
    Collins
    championship right there if I've ever seen it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I don’t see it, and to be clear itd have to be a “double sign and trade.” Spurs have zero incentive to help Chicago, especially since they just jettisoned their interesting pieces to NOLA

Of course Spurs can just over pay for Lauri.
    That's what I thought. THX

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if I understand the rather large suicide pact that is being signed with post after post here? None of these free agents were gonna make the Spurs a contender and none of the signings so far are that bad. I like that all the adults are leaving the room, forcing the young pups to sink or swim. It could be worse, the Spurs could’ve signed on to pay a 40 year old Chris Paul $30+ million at age 40.
    It was easy to predict that ST would explode the moment the Spurs left their safety net and "did something", whatever it was.

All 3 of our vets are set to leave the team, so the FO signs a 29yo shooter to be a veteran presence, and an (ill-advised, I don't like Collins) attempt at a low-risk, high reward gamble for a player that won't play next season while he rehabs. All signs that point towards a tank. Which is exactly what ST has been clamoring for, for years... I guess now that it's finally here, they don't like looking at their desired creation in the face?

The Spurs were never going to take Love-level bad contracts for picks - the Holts ain't so well financially that they just give money away for picks; not to mention the young core would be soured knowing there's a $30M player in the lockerroom only there to sink the team down. These FA signings (and the likely max offer to Collins on Friday) can be talked about as "keeping the team compe ive" until the tank rolls on next season. I hope McDermott doesn't get overplayed... But I don't trust Pop enough to say that he won't with any certainty

Next season is shaping up to be interesting, a real sink-or-swim season as you said. Considering our glut of guards, it'll be healthy, tbh. Ugly, but necessary. And of course, expect further ST rabid rants about how we're going down the drain endlessly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting on Collins news…. but expecting one of Sacre or Kaman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl
    Eubanks
    Samanic
    Weiskamp
    Mcdermott
    Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah because he will be out for another 6 months. That means Eubanks is our back up for the majority of the season
    imagine getting 7M to rest and rehab for a season as a lower lever basketball player. you know that's when he'll be released for activity. then it'll take another 45 days of getting him acclimated. another month to sit the bench for limited minutes learning the Spurs system. iow, he ain't doing this year. yet he was offer sheeted within an hour of the free agent period, when we could have had Deing for half the price ready at the start of the season because he already knows our system and is a solid defender and 3 pt shooter...wtf man??? enraging .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No restricted free agent deals have been announced. Spurs have exactly the max to offer the real Collins. They'd probably wait until Friday to announce it so the Hawks have as little time as possible to figure out what to do.

We'll see but I still have hope in this offseason ............... for now.

Do it and all is forgiven, tbh
    Don't understand the theories behind the 'surprise' offer sheet.

If Collins hasn't taken Atlanta's offer and the Spurs still have 28 million in space, how would Atlanta be caught by surprise? They've run every scenario and how much they can stomach a dozen times by now. They won't be so incompetent to be rattled by fake surprises like the Spurs.

Second, if Atlanta has any openness to a sign and trade they negotiate first. Because the rules are once the offer sheet is signed there can't be a sign and trade So if they're willing to take a lottery protected pick and/or Lonnie Walker to not match then the teams have to talk first.

Edit: fixed the bit about sign and trade
    Last edited by objective; 08-02-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you want a number 1 draft pick or do you want the 12th draft pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine getting 7M to rest and rehab for a season as a lower lever basketball player. you know that's when he'll be released for activity. then it'll take another 45 days of getting him acclimated. another month to sit the bench for limited minutes learning the Spurs system. iow, he ain't doing this year. yet he was offer sheeted within an hour of the free agent period, when we could have had Deing for half the price ready at the start of the season because he already knows our system and is a solid defender and 3 pt shooter...wtf man??? enraging .
    imaging being Demarre Carroll sitting at the beach and getting paid 7 million by the Spurs for not even being there and getting another 1.5 million this year. This is what the Spurs do. They a retirement home

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins actually has great measurements. 9'3" standing reach and people are saying he's mobile on the perimeter.
    Maybe he used to be mobile, and maybe he has good length, though apparently zero instincts because he was no shotblocker.

But how mobile can he still be with cracked feet and not playing for over 2 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you want a number 1 draft pick or do you want the 12th draft pick?
    well if we had the #1 draft pick, wouldn't we draft the 12th pick anyway?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably could have signed Milutinov for a bit cheaper than Zollins, damn at least he plays and is tough. And it's not like Collins is a proven stretch big, he doesn't shoot well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was easy to predict that ST would explode the moment the Spurs left their safety net and "did something", whatever it was.

All 3 of our vets are set to leave the team, so the FO signs a 29yo shooter to be a veteran presence, and an (ill-advised, I don't like Collins) attempt at a low-risk, high reward gamble for a player that won't play next season while he rehabs. All signs that point towards a tank. Which is exactly what ST has been clamoring for, for years... I guess now that it's finally here, they don't like looking at their desired creation in the face?

The Spurs were never going to take Love-level bad contracts for picks - the Holts ain't so well financially that they just give money away for picks; not to mention the young core would be soured knowing there's a $30M player in the lockerroom only there to sink the team down. These FA signings (and the likely max offer to Collins on Friday) can be talked about as "keeping the team compe ive" until the tank rolls on next season. I hope McDermott doesn't get overplayed... But I don't trust Pop enough to say that he won't with any certainty

Next season is shaping up to be interesting, a real sink-or-swim season as you said. Considering our glut of guards, it'll be healthy, tbh. Ugly, but necessary. And of course, expect further ST rabid rants about how we're going down the drain endlessly
    This sounds all well and good until the Spurs resign DePression and 50Mills tbh.

Thread Information