Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zach Collins is functionally a 2 year deal I would rather have him than Rudy. If it’s full 3, Rudy at 2/12 is a way better deal

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gimme jahlih okafor, he brought four 1st picks in last six seasons to his team!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have some stuff going for them right now. 1) There is a chance the lack of an offer to Collins will sour the Collins/Hawks relationship. 2) Some kind of DeMar sign and trade is more likely now that no one has money left. 3) Oubre + Mills or some such is still available if Hawks resign Collins. 4) Could do something like White + 2 picks for Simmons, if that is still in play. 5) Could go into season with 30M space to use in the future trade demand market.

White plus picks for Simmons is an offer I'd make. Not only would Spurs land Simmons, but they'd get another 12M or so in space they could use on the DeMar sign and trade market. They could turn that into Simmons and a rotation player.
    Last edited by Excessive Egotist; 08-03-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to agree. I doubt Collins has any interest in playing for the Spurs.

The only way Collins comes to the Spurs is to get money that Atl won't offer, not because he likes playing for the Spurs -- but it could happen in theory.

Spurs give Collins a max offer because Atl won't, then, unexpectedly, Atl doesn't match.

It's a longshot. But the bottom line is, even if it happened, it wouldn't be based upon any real desire by Collins to play for the Spurs. Ironically, that's what gives it an outside chance.
    I think Collins just wants the bigger contract.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I’m glad Rudy is gone. More potential minutes for either Eubanks or Luka, though we have to see how McDermott is utilized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I’m glad Rudy is gone. More potential minutes for either Eubanks or Luka, though we have to see how McDermott is utilized.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zach Collins is functionally a 2 year deal I would rather have him than Rudy. If it’s full 3, Rudy at 2/12 is a way better deal
    I think it will be. Either a team option or partial in the 3rd year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The challenge will be when they pick up the extra years even though he’s injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to agree. I doubt Collins has any interest in playing for the Spurs.

The only way Collins comes to the Spurs is to get money that Atl won't offer, not because he likes playing for the Spurs -- but it could happen in theory.

Spurs give Collins a max offer because Atl won't, then, unexpectedly, Atl doesn't match.

It's a longshot. But the bottom line is, even if it happened, it wouldn't be based upon any real desire by Collins to play for the Spurs. Ironically, that's what gives it an outside chance.
    Can we still afford a Mac contract after Doug/Zach?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Collins just wants the bigger contract.
    I agree. I think ATL wants him at 100/4 (10m more than last years offer), and he’s looking for more even if not the full 120m max.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He don't get to decide. He will go to highest bidder. He is rfa.

By being RFA what he wants is most money. Other reasons don't matter as much. While we don't want to bring in players against their will. But RFA means whoever offers most wins
    What?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    george hill is getting waived. (not interested, of course)

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That JC didn't sign anyone's max deal already means he really wants to stay in ATL. A young team with possible years of contention in front of them, that he is familiar with, and already got the taste of a deep playoff run. I love SA but Atlanta is a great city also and more friendly to a young man's lifestyle.

He'll use the possibility of signing a max offer sheet to get what he wants out of the Hawks. It may not wind up being a full max but it will be close enough where he's happy. But if all he wants is the money and ATL doesn't come close enough, he'll sign with us and hope ATL matches because it's clear that he'd much rather be there than here.
    Last edited by Notorious H.O.P.; 08-03-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I think ATL wants him at 100/4 (10m more than last years offer), and he’s looking for more even if not the full 120m max.
    Exactly, if that was not the case he would be a Hawk yesterday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    george hill is getting waived. (not interested, of course)
    I'd guess he goes to Milwaukee or one of the LA teams

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That JC didn't sign anyone's max deal already means he really wants to stay in ATL. A young team with possible years of contention in front of them, that he is familiar with, and already got the taste of a deep playoff run. I love SA but Atlanta is a great city also and more friendly to a young man's lifestyle.

He'll use the possibility of signing a max offer sheet to get what he wants out of the Hawks. It may not wind up being a full max but it will be closer enough where he's happy. But if all he wants is the money and ATL doesn't come closer enough, he'll sign with us and hope ATL matches because it's clear that need much rather be there than here.
    I think that's the opposite, that means he is not agree with the hawks and you don't have a lot of teams who can give him a max.
    I think he prefers the Hawks but if he doesn't have a good contract he could sign an offersheet elsewhere to make them match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the Spurs are already invested, I actually hope the Z Collins contract is for 3 years without a player option. He's a gamble based on his foot health, but if the gamble pays off and he has a very good 2022/23 season, he'll probably be worth more than $7mil... in which case, he'd opt out for a bigger contract. No point in playing the gamble if there's not at least the reward of seeing it pay out a little.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta interest in Paul Millsaps...could be a prelude to sending JC to us...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Zach Collins contract should be backloaded with a team-option, not a player option

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Restricted free agent means he will go to highest bidder with hawks having the right to match.

So as long as a team gives him a huge ass contract. Atlanta can match. If they didn't. Then Collins will go to that team.

He doesn't need reasons. Money is the reason
    Last edited by Teamduncan21; 08-03-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta interest in Paul Millsaps...could be a prelude to sending JC to us...
    Hmm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Restricted free agent means he will go to highest bidder with hawks having the right to match.

So as long as a team gives him a huge ass contract. Atlanta can match. If they didn't. Then Collins will go to that team.

He doesn't need reasons.
    This isn’t true. If he doesn’t want to play in San Antonio he doesn’t have to take their offer at all. Spurs can offer max and he can decline. It’s true most players will take the most money but it doesn’t have to be the case. he could accept a Hawks contract for lower money than our max if he wanted to stay but something like that rarely happens.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He doesn't need reasons. Money is the reason
    It's his option to sign an offer sheet with whatever team he wants at whatever money they offer him. He's not forced to go anywhere unless Atlanta trades him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Spurs fans be ok with this:

SA Gets: John Collins + Thad Young + top 5 protected first from CHI

ATL Gets: Dejounte

CHI Gets: Derozan
    That first would have to be many years away; CHI is locked up for trading picks after the Vucevic deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd guess he goes to Milwaukee or one of the LA teams
    with rodney hood going to the bucks, i think that rules him out there but the other could be in play. nice pick up for milwaukee, getting hood, though.

Thread Information