Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2513
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate people who think saying "It's just business!!" is a valid thing. It's the mark of a completely amoral person.
    Yo homie tread lightly. Negotiating is an aspect of business; Jeff Schwartz is ok for you though? I can assure you he does whatever it takes to get results for his clients!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp lauri

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo homie tread lightly. Negotiating is an aspect of business; Jeff Schwartz is ok for you though? I can assure you he does whatever it takes to get results for his clients!
    No ones questioning the concept of doing what’s best for your client. The issue is that their overreach extends into how franchises can build their rosters and providing the league a level playing field. Collusion and manipulation should be dealt with and Silver is seemingly turning a blind eye to that.

Simple checks and balances to keep things fair and compe ive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ones questioning the concept of doing what’s best for your client. The issue is that their overreach extends into how franchises can build their rosters and providing the league a level playing field. Collusion and manipulation should be dealt with and Silver is seemingly turning a blind eye to that.

Simple checks and balances to keep things fair and compe ive.
    So Klutch invented collusion and manipulation in this sport? Come on bro..... please stop! This has been going on forever, just different faces. Systematic changes may be necessary but Klutch didn’t create the problem, they’re just benefitting from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To keep it perfectly 100, it’s about time BLACK representation is at the table in a league thats predominately BLACK! Not a novel concept.....
    Honest question: do you feel white players, especially white American players, get discriminated against and overlooked due to bias?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest question: do you feel white players, especially white American players, get discriminated against and overlooked due to bias?
    Sir, please don’t do this. We both know what you’re doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sir, please don’t do this. We both know what you’re doing.
    I’m asking a legit question. We have even heard white players discuss this? Why is that not a fair question?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m asking a legit question. We have even heard white players discuss this? Why is that not a fair question?
    Never said it wasn’t ; just off topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said it wasn’t ; just off topic.
    It’s just in line with the the “predominantly black league” comment. Just had me thinking (not that it matters, imo teams want to win and hire the best players and coaches regardless).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully not. I'd hope that all players are judged by their talent. It's hard to imagine owners and GMs, who are overwhelming white, overlooking a player because he's white...or any other color for that matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully not. I'd hope that all players are judged by their talent. It's hard to imagine owners and GMs, who are overwhelming white, overlooking a player because he's white...or any other color for that matter.
    Agree. That’s why the “predominantly black” league stuff has always struck me as a bit odd. That these multi billion dollar teams who want to win and grow their values would only choose the best players for example regardless of skin color but then short cut their chances to win by not hiring who they thought was best in the front offices.

And how the lack of diversity in front offices is only discussed in terms of black/white usually and not Asian/Hispanic/Women and how you don’t see many white American players or Asian/Hispanic players etc.

But it’s beside the point - just brought it up because of that comment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu ginobili is an atheist

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Klutch invented collusion and manipulation in this sport? Come on bro..... please stop! This has been going on forever, just different faces. Systematic changes may be necessary but Klutch didn’t create the problem, they’re just benefitting from it.
    You look like an idiot when you make these strawman assertions. No one said they invented anything.

Honestly your whole schtick that they’re “benefiting” from a broken system not only contradicts your lame “invented collusion” counter point but also highlights the fact that you’re arguing on behalf of exactly what we’re telling you… and that’s the league has a problem that’s being exploited.

So congratulations. You just defeated yourself with your own words. Next time I want to argue against you I’ll call on you to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. He believes in God but hates him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For good reason!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Manu believes that the God he doesn't believe in is a loving God.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're suggesting we give up our starting backcourt & Thad while taking on Wiggins and his bloated contract, not to mention DeRozan. We already know Philly is looking for 4 first round picks for Simmons (never going to happen) but bare minimum they will want two, so what draft capital is left for us?

I couldn't see us moving those three and taking on Wiggins without getting back at least 3 firsts. Philly will obviously not give up any, the bulls first are all claimed till '25, and GS would have to commit theirs to Philly since they are getting Simmons. So in this proposed scenario we are losing 3 starting caliber players, signing away DeRozan, taking on Wiggins contact and getting back exactly the same thing we were getting in the current sign and trade. How does that make sense? Unless you're talking about taking some of the recent picks these teams have made but even then I don't see anyone who would move the needle for us enough to even get us back to where we are with Murray and White.
    It may be moot now that the trade was announced but, he was suggesting Murray or White + Thad....not both..

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, he’s kind of like Thybulle, with handles and vision. He did shoot a ridiculous 48% from beyond the arc this year, but it was only 33 games, and 1.5 attempts. He hardly shot any 2s this year, so maybe his role is spot up shooter/Bowen clone? He just turned 23.
    I'll defer here because you evidently have actually watched him play, and I haven't. I only looked up his stats.

The Spurs' roster, and especially the backcourt, are already very crowded though. I can see him catching on somewhere but probably not San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God is a Manu Ginobilist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the spurs official Twitter just welcomed Thad and Aminu... I've assumed we would wIve Aminu, do we customarily welcome players we are planning to waive? I didn't see an official welcome for Hutchinson..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the spurs official Twitter just welcomed Thad and Aminu... I've assumed we would wIve Aminu, do we customarily welcome players we are planning to waive? I didn't see an official welcome for Hutchinson..
    Sounds like we are keeping them lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, was about to ask the same question. It sounds like we are keeping them…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all the trade speculation for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like we are keeping them lol
    Now that the deal is done the Spurs kind of had to do the welcome thing. The Spurs aren't going to waive either of them at this point, and they have to at least act like they are willing to hold on to both players until and unless a deal can be reached.

Edit: I think the difference with Hutch is that the Spurs will most likely waive him. He has negative trade value and the roster is already crowded. Young has positive trade value and Aminu is useful for salary ballast. I still think one or both could be traded prior to the start of the season.

Thread Information