Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Lonnie back as long as other team would not overvalue him, which I fear some would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Lonnie back as long as other team would not overvalue him, which I fear some would.
    The only ones over valuing our youth, especially Walker are on this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever did that is really damn good at reading lips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is in the way of both Devin and Primo for next year. If they can get something, they should flip him at the deadline.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night I saw Walker yet again iso around the 3-point line break, take a few steps in while doing some fancy dribbles, then pull up for an 18-footer with 16 seconds left on the shot clock. I ing HATE when players do this, especially bench players like Walker. Murray does it too and I wish he would stop. Those are absolutely terrible shots.

In addition to the bonehead steps on the sideline, Walker shot the ball with 5 seconds left in the third and the shot clock off. Maddening. Zero game situation awareness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie needs to go overseas. He could be the next Marbury in China. He’ll never be a star here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs either have to resign him or trade him at the deadline. Letting him walk for nothing can‘t happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs either have to resign him or trade him at the deadline. Letting him walk for nothing can‘t happen
    Why not? He hasn’t shown much over a pretty large sample. He isn’t worth anything in a trade, especially on an expiring deal. Most teams interested will be able to sign him this offseason as I doubt he commands more than the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure they can. They just cut Samanic, and he was picked in the same range. Releasing him may provide the caproom to rent some to PHO to offload Saric and a pick, and sign a couple of other players. If no one is interested in trading for him at $4.5M + Bird rights, there will be zero interest at a higher figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they let him walk they should flip him. The Spurs have plenty of cap room in a ty free agency class. Waiving Walker‘s cap room won‘t do anything for them. They don’t have to let him walk to do the Saric deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is here to stay?

Lonnie Walker IV just bought this $544,500 four-bedroom home near La Cantera, according to Bexar County property. The two-story, 2,700-square-foot property includes a custom pool, an expansive kitchen and views of lush hillside greenery. Its estimated value is more than double the Alamo City's median home price of $269,724.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will definetly extend him.

Just a feeling. I think he is deeply ingrained 'culture' wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is in the way of Primo and Devin. Although he jumps really high, he’s pretty mediocre at basketball.

BTW, his cap hold is 11.3M if we tender him. He can accept it, screw our cap, and that is treated as a one year contract, so we can’t trade him unless he consents.

If we can’t trade him at $4.5M + Bird rights, he’s untradeable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t have to be in the way. He can accept a lower salary, probably one that’s way less than people expect, and keep a role similar to Forbes. The third wing off the bench. Plus, he owns a $500k home now. I think the Spurs org probably gave him a ball park number for his contract and he thought that out and bought a cheaper home because he sees himself as a long term Spur. Right next to the new practice facility, too. Not a coincidence, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't read too much into the home purchase. It's not like he bought George Strait's mansion and will take 7 years to sell it. That price range in that area it is easy to flip a house quickly. Guy needed somewhere to live, and probably thought that house met his lifestyle for now.

With that said, even knowing all of Lonnie's flaws... I just like something about him and want him to succeed with us... even if I know it probably won't happen.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought he had turned a corner . Disappointingly since coming back from covid we've mainly seen passive Lonnie again. The last few games iv noticed the spurs actively run plays for him to attack the empty keyway when a big gets on him after a PnR switch or when he gets a step on his man . Most times he's either settled for a jumper or passed it out to someone with lesser driving ability. Not what spurs are chasing and terrible decision making on his part

Keeping expectations low but what we saw in his play leading upto covid - he was showing some real progress. Seems same old lonnie unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope we keep Lonnie here long term, it’s sucks but I’ve adjusted my expectations for him and now that they’re lower he doesn’t piss me off as much and surprises me at times lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is here to stay?

Lonnie Walker IV just bought this $544,500 four-bedroom home near La Cantera, according to Bexar County property. The two-story, 2,700-square-foot property includes a custom pool, an expansive kitchen and views of lush hillside greenery. Its estimated value is more than double the Alamo City's median home price of $269,724.
    He can sell that. Rudy Gay used to live around the corner from me. His home sat on the market for awhile though, but sold. Think he moved to somewhere in the Shavano Park area after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can just extend him and flip him later to free up minutes for Primo

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is here to stay?

That number actually sounds low for homes on the North Side, especially in that area. May be an investment or so he can retire here later and not pay state income taxes. For me, it's hard to definitely read intent, but yeah, it makes you wonder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? He hasn’t shown much over a pretty large sample. He isn’t worth anything in a trade, especially on an expiring deal. Most teams interested will be able to sign him this offseason as I doubt he commands more than the MLE.
    MLE?! He's a replacement player. If Monk is going to inexplicably go for the minimum, I don't know why he wouldn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a good guy and if he is willing to sign an appropriate deal he's an okay guy to have deep on the bench but I'm not holding my breath.
    My concern is that his biggest hurdles to being a genuinely good player are all mental and I haven't seen signs that the light will ever come on for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is a good candidate to be traded along with Thaddeus Young if the Spurs can find a good partner and some prospects in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLE?! He's a replacement player. If Monk is going to inexplicably go for the minimum, I don't know why he wouldn't.
    I’m not arguing his value in the MLE just that most teams can offer him up to that in FA so there is no need to trade for him. I don’t think he gets more than 5/yr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is a good candidate to be traded along with Thaddeus Young if the Spurs can find a good partner and some prospects in return.
    No one is giving up any value for Walker. He can easily be had in free agency.

Thread Information