Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very reminiscent of jonathon simmons but with less splash plays. Definitely a worthwhile prospect. Just hasn’t materialized. He should at least have been as good as will Barton and striving to become oladipo.
    Simmons was better tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be interesting to see how another team and coach would use him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has the tools man. I just don't know where that fire went.
    samanic took it all with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be interesting to see how another team and coach would use him.
    I think you'll get a chance to see that next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you'll get a chance to see that next year.
    meh,weve been saying that for 5 years now. Old fart still had one year remaining on his deal. No way he's resigning though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh,weve been saying that for 5 years now. Old fart still had one year remaining on his deal. No way he's resigning though
    I think he meant that you'll see Lonnie play for a different coach because he'll be on a different team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Lonnie will be elesewhere next year. No idea of Pop's status or future.

I think he meant that you'll see Lonnie play for a different coach because he'll be on a different team.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All he needs is a new coach and he will be much better. I don’t think his ceiling is that high anymore, but he could still turn into a Lou Williams or something like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All he needs is a new coach and he will be much better. I don’t think his ceiling is that high anymore, but he could still turn into a Lou Williams or something like that
    I’ve said for a while that despite his prodigious talent, his ceiling was bench spark, Lou, or Jamal Crawford. He just lacks the mettle to be a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve said for a while that despite his prodigious talent, his ceiling was bench spark, Lou, or Jamal Crawford. He just lacks the mettle to be a star.
    That is still pretty good company but he will probably bounce around the league before he gets there. I’m sure the Spurs will offer him something small and he will see better away.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last game would of been the perfect game out of Lonnie. Was seriously active on d and rebounds. Just couldnt hit an an open shot on offense . Cost the team a chance at winning.

His three has become inconsistent and his mid range game has deserted him this season . Im expecting improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that Walker lacks the mettle or the spirit or the fire. It's that he's not very good at the end results of basketball. He's not a good shooter. He's not a good finisher. He doesn't make good defensive reads. You're acting like he's not trying, but he's trying. He's just not very good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is trash.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he will drop 20+ in his first game against SA

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that Walker lacks the mettle or the spirit or the fire. It's that he's not very good at the end results of basketball. He's not a good shooter. He's not a good finisher. He doesn't make good defensive reads. You're acting like he's not trying, but he's trying. He's just not very good
    Have no ing idea how you got from my last post Lonnie is lacking fire or doesnt try.

Pointed out his shooting needs to improve. Its regressed this season. At 23 he still got time on his side .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We rarely miss on players doing horrible here and blow up elsewhere...... check the history

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have no ing idea how you got from my last post Lonnie is lacking fire or doesnt try.

Pointed out his shooting needs to improve. Its regressed this season. At 23 he still got time on his side .
    He does lack fire and is way to passive.... he’s just happy to be on the team vs going all out! Primo is coming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he does he'll give it all back on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when everyone thought Demar was holding Lonnie back, good times lmao jk Lonnie just can’t figure it out tbh he’s gotta find a way to carve out some sort of role or his time in the NBA will be short lived

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does lack fire and is way to passive.... he’s just happy to be on the team vs going all out! Primo is coming
    If he cant hit an open shot or be a consistent outsisde threat..Then like the other poster said, he no better than aJonathan simmons and will be out of the league soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fo finally did something right and didnt waste money extending this guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have much in Lonnie working out just to be in the league this long and still not know where to be on defense just wasn’t going to cut it. To me the bigger surprise has been White he is playing terrible he has gone from a legit starter to sixth man to maybe a decent bench player. Is he hurt or did the Spurs try to trade him and it didn’t work out and now he is bummed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should Lonnie just stop taking threes temporarily?
    Like say for 5 games.
    Just take a break. Drive, pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when everyone thought Demar was holding Lonnie back, good times lmao jk Lonnie just can’t figure it out tbh he’s gotta find a way to carve out some sort of role or his time in the NBA will be short lived
    DeMar was holding everyone back, not just Lonnie (rather, not Lonnie at all, specifically). The team, the franchise, himself. Good riddance.

Lonnie will carve out a role as a bench shooter on any team that's not the Spurs and that actually has offensive power, most likely on a team with a heliocentric player like Luka, Harden, etc, where he's not asked to create or handle as much. He'll be mostly limited to C&S's with the occasional drive, but I don't doubt that he'd do well in that role. Sad to see his time in SA might be coming to an end, but like with DDR, I'm also starting to think that it's for the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damaged goods, Pop has destroyed this kids development beyond repair here and its time to move on. I do hope he can put it together under a new coach and team because I still think he has some special talent that can be tapped if he gets his mind right.

Thread Information