Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last night was a microcosm of lonnie's brief career. he was aggressive and decisive for his first stint and then by the end of the game he was hesitant and passive. his shooting was hot and cold. lonnie just can't find any consistency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damaged goods, Pop has destroyed this kids development beyond repair here and its time to move on. I do hope he can put it together under a new coach and team because I still think he has some special talent that can be tapped if he gets his mind right.
    Lonnie, although we didn’t know it at the time, was already a mental mess when he got here. To blame Pop for his mental fragility is the worst kind of crap.

You make a sword by super heating a metal bar, and repeatedly smashing it with a metal hammer. Sometimes the bar breaks, but you’ll never make one by tapping on the bar with a rubber mallet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad I like Lonnie he will probably do great when he leaves us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad I like Lonnie he will probably do great when he leaves us
    He might do better, but he’ll never be great. It isn’t in his make up. He’s too passive. Talent without the spark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some folks have that dog in them or “it” factor. For all of Lonnie’s physical gifts and even his nice looking shooting form, he just isn’t that guy mentally.

on Reddit some guy tried to compare Lonnie to JR Smith and I laughed at that poster and told them no coach ever had to worry about JR being afraid to shoot or not having confidence in his ability. If Lonnie had half the confidence JR Smith had he could be a damn star but unfortunately he doesn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lohnnie has enough talent to eventually put it together in some capacity as an NBA player just probably won’t be as a Spur especially given the glut of 2s we already have waiting to take his minutes. Best to package him with Thad and try and get a first.
    Last edited by KingKev; 11-22-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll blow up in year 6 as will samanic if Spurs want project players they gotta give them 6 yrs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is young and talented. It can take some guards time to catch up. I think he is one of those players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll blow up in year 6 as will samanic if Spurs want project players they gotta give them 6 yrs
    We’re a small market. The difference between 4 years and 6 is like $10-15M vs. $40M.

Samanic will be back on the other side of the Atlantic next season, and will never play another NBA game after that. Lonnie will likely carve out a career as a bench scorer, like Ben McLemore. He lacks the drive/balls/whatever to ever be a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has zero feel for the game on both ends. He has flashed some play making ability and still has his freakish athleticism so he'll find a home. Would be shocked if he's on the team next season, perhaps he's moved before the deadline with Thad and White (less likely).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has zero feel for the game on both ends. He has flashed some play making ability and still has his freakish athleticism so he'll find a home. Would be shocked if he's on the team next season, perhaps he's moved before the deadline with Thad and White (less likely).
    He has virtually zero value in a trade. He is a throw in the same way Luka would have been. Thad, White and Walker would land you K Love and a second at most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has virtually zero value in a trade. He is a throw in the same way Luka would have been. Thad, White and Walker would land you K Love and a second at most.
    K. Love says he's not being traded. He wants to retire a Cav.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are being too nice in here. Lonnie is straight trash. Not as bad as the euro sandwich but he's bad. The kid is lost and its no fault of the coaching staff or anyone else but himself. He doesn't know the difference between an injury and an ouchie. He's super soft and mentally weak. Its really sad to watch him & think back to when Manu & other players had to be dragged off the court when they got hurt. Actually its pathetic how soft he is. He banged his knee - an obvious bruise and nothing more & was looking at the bench like "uh oh, here we go again..". Dude plays ball because its a check. No passion, no compe ive drive, just a nice looking jump shot. Four years in and he is what he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K. Love says he's not being traded. He wants to retire a Cav.
    My argument was more that Walker has zero value league wide than a K Love trade. Not sure Cleveland cares too much about where he wants to retire if they can get out of his last year and half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker isn't a project like Samanic was. Walker simply hasn't progressed from year 3 to year 4 when 1st round talents should be rapidly improving.

Samanic could still figure it out but team's ain't giving a player 6 years to figure it out, plus his work ethic was questionable so they decided to cut bait sooner rather than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's far to reliant on threes, which he's shooting 28% on, and far to little on getting to the basket and getting into the paint. He's probably never going to be an efficient offensive player with that shot selection and he really doesn't provide much else besides and some playmaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's performances are wildly inconsistent on offense and sadly very consistent on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has no confidence in his handles. That’s the only reason why he takes two dribbles towards the basket, sees the opposing player in his way, then backs out immediately. Plus, he seems to be really afraid of contact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we just cut Lonnie out of the rotation? I rather have Primo than Lonnie. I told ya'll that Primo was a pick that made either Lonnie or Murray expendable. Murray rose to the challenge. Mr. 28% cluster meanwhile is maybe the worst rotation player in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i'm really rooting for Lonnie to pan out but everytime i see some positivity come from him, like 5 negative things come right after that.

I'm still holding out hope that he figures it out. Like others say, he needs to forget the 3 ball and create a Manu mentality of just drive to the bucket. But if he's mentally soft, i don't think that will change. we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked his effort on D in the second half. His offense was MIA, but he still busted ass on the other end.

He’s going to be lucky to be offered anything above minimum by anyone if he does right his ship pretty soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has any young/developing player significantly improved as a shooter on the Spurs in recent years? As a team, the Spurs are currently dead last in 3ptFGA per game and FTA per game, they're dead last in FT%, 16th in 3pt%, and 23rd in TS%. There's a double whammy going on here statistically-- they don't take nearly enough valuable shots, and even when they do they're not terribly efficient at making them.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/trad...FG3_PCT&dir=-1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has any young/developing player significantly improved as a shooter on the Spurs in recent years? As a team, the Spurs are currently dead last in 3ptFGA per game and FTA per game, they're dead last in FT%, 16th in 3pt%, and 23rd in TS%. There's a double whammy going on here statistically-- they don't take nearly enough valuable shots, and even when they do they're not terribly efficient at making them.

I remember in 2016 spurs were last in 3pt FGA but 1st in 3pt FG%.

So the attempts part is nothing new but the inefficiency is definitely much worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But we have the shot doctor in Chip

Thread Information