Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why so many folks are looking at last night as a particular reason to hate on Walker. Overall, he was very good. He just didn't score well. I totally understand that he hasn't been very good all season, but last night was one of his better games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we have the shot doctor in Chip
    He is a shot doctor , he see their issue and help them to make correction. Whether the players adhere to it or practice on it is another matter. Its just like any other doctor, if you do not follow the medication or physio therapy as advice by the doctor you are not gonna get any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why so many folks are looking at last night as a particular reason to hate on Walker. Overall, he was very good. He just didn't score well. I totally understand that he hasn't been very good all season, but last night was one of his better games.
    That’s exact why we are hating on him. Bc this was one of his better games. If this is his good game then why tf should he get an extension?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a shot doctor , he see their issue and help them to make correction. Whether the players adhere to it or practice on it is another matter. Its just like any other doctor, if you do not follow the medication or physio therapy as advice by the doctor you are not gonna get any better.
    Nobody on our team that we drafted can make a 3 at a good clip. Murray, White, KJ, Lonnie all suck at shooting 3s. I’m starting to think he only knows how to teach midrange shots. Murray has clearly listened and put in the work. But he still can’t hit 3s. That’s weird to me. I don’t think Chip knows how to teach them a 3ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody on our team that we drafted can make a 3 at a good clip. Murray, White, KJ, Lonnie all suck at shooting 3s. I’m starting to think he only knows how to teach midrange shots. Murray has clearly listened and put in the work. But he still can’t hit 3s. That’s weird to me. I don’t think Chip knows how to teach them a 3ball
    KJ is shooting 40%. Vassell is shooting 39%. Lonnie, in the past, has shot about 37% before this year, but not getting his extension just broke him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No two people are exactly alike, some take longer to grasp it and some never do! Shooting is valuable & highly sought after because its a complex skill ( with many variables to take into consideration ) not easy to master! History has shown us that..... WRIGHT?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am actually starting to think whether the issue lies with Spurs strength and conditioning. That's why there are constantly playing badly in 3Q. Also Poeltl, White and KJ seems to be carrying a fair bit of body fats at the beginning of the season. 3pts definitely requires quite a fair bit of leg strength. A proper PF would properly help in providing help defence in the interior instead of the whole team constantly collapsing then rushing back to defend the 3ptrs. They would also do not need to keep competing rebound with players who are 4 to 6 inches taller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am actually starting to think whether the issue lies with Spurs strength and conditioning. That's why there are constantly playing badly in 3Q. Also Poeltl, White and KJ seems to be carrying a fair bit of body fats at the beginning of the season. 3pts definitely requires quite a fair bit of leg strength. A proper PF would properly help in providing help defence in the interior instead of the whole team constantly collapsing then rushing back to defend the 3ptrs. They would also do not need to keep competing rebound with players who are 4 to 6 inches taller.
    No top level PF is suddenly going to appear to save us, and that collapsing defense is the precursor to a defensive rotation. The rules changes make it impossible to fight thru a pick, so you have to drop a weak side defender into the paint to maintain numbers, when the guard gets picked. They were tired in the third, because of the 3/4 court trap. They haven’t been playing that recently, so their 3rd quarters have been better. They have thrown out a variant, though, like a 3/4 court zone. It’s less tight, but you still have to be mindful bringing the ball up, and we’re burning their shot clock down to 10 or 11, and leaving less time for them to execute their offense. It worked like a charm against the Wizards. If you’re careless, you can cough up a turnover, which causes the shot clock to run down, and it’s not so physically taxing as an actual press.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 points 2 assist 5 rebounds in 24 minutes is one of his better games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ is shooting 40%. Vassell is shooting 39%. Lonnie, in the past, has shot about 37% before this year, but not getting his extension just broke him.
    Nah, its the other way around. He's been broken for a while, thus no extension. No heart and not smart. He has a nice looking form on his jumpers but he can't finish efficiently when getting to the rim. He's not much of a defender either....he just isn't a pro. Doesn't get it.

When he exploded against the Rockets for 28 points (including 19 in the 4th quarter) a couple of years ago, I thought he might be a superstar in the making. Of course, the next game against Sacramento he scored 2 points on 1 for 5 shooting. That is pretty much a microcosm of his career thus far. Superstar one moment, M.I.A the next. He was showing fans and the coaching staff who he was & we didn't want to believe it. no, you don't give him an extension. Smartest FO decision this club has made in a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As it stands now PATFO is going to have a hard time extending a qualifying offer with the backlog we already have at the guard spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 points 2 assist 5 rebounds in 24 minutes is one of his better games
    Yeah he played great defense against a star. He's had games where he's scored 17 points but been worse overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also feels like he forgot he can sky and dunk at the rim over defenders. I hoped one day he would be a good defender, but he just average at best. Too bad! I wouldn’t call him a bust, just a disappointment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll get it, I have little doubts that he'll manage to stick around the league. I only doubt whether it's the Spurs he ends up sticking on. I hope he does, but can understand the hesitance, he hasn't been playing well this season sadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll get it, I have little doubts that he'll manage to stick around the league. I only doubt whether it's the Spurs he ends up sticking on. I hope he does, but can understand the hesitance, he hasn't been playing well this season sadly.
    Agreed too much raw ability to not find a place in the NBA. I really don’t think the Spurs mishandled this one; if anything, given what we know about Walker, ie. his personality and his personal background I would have thought San Antonio would have been a great place for him to thrive and put it together. Unfortunately with the backlog at the guard spot his time as a Spur is wearing thin. I’m sure Pop will be happy to put in a good word with one of his NBA counterparts on Walker’s behalf. Could see him landing somewhere like Atlanta, GS or Milwaukee next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also feels like he forgot he can sky and dunk at the rim over defenders. I hoped one day he would be a good defender, but he just average at best. Too bad! I wouldn’t call him a bust, just a disappointment.
    He’s a pretty good on ball defender, but is below average in transition and off the ball. His rotations stink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’ll be the new version of Ben McLemore, a journeyman bench scorer who bounces around the league. Teams will take a chance, hoping to tap into potential that he’ll never reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1470125095758745603

Manu should focus his efforts elsewhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is 9th in the NBA in 3-point percentage. What are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker has been playing good lately. I’m liking his aggressiveness. He just needs to string those together and stay consistent. I almost gave up on DJ also until this year. I think Lonnie will be okay as a sixth man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker has a low bbiq..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker has a low bbiq..
    If he had a higher Bball IQ, Spurs wouldn’t be able to afford him come free agency. He’s okay at 6th-7th man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure they would.......they have his bird rights! They someone with a better bbiq....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is 9th in the NBA in 3-point percentage. What are you talking about?
    I hate when people use just FG% to make an argument. The dude is barely averaging 1 made three a game and he is getting WIDE open looks. He's not even close to the top 50 in three pointers made. He's made 33 all year long. That puts him 20 made 3s from number 50. If one made 3 a game is what we are paying Chip for then yes he's doing a fantastic job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate when people use just FG% to make an argument. The dude is barely averaging 1 made three a game and he is getting WIDE open looks. He's not even close to the top 50 in three pointers made. He's made 33 all year long. That puts him 20 made 3s from number 50. If one made 3 a game is what we are paying Chip for then yes he's doing a fantastic job.
    Something’s happened recently. He’s made 3 in each of the last 2 games, and as Sean pointed out, his FTs even look better.

Thread Information