Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is giving up any value for Walker. He can easily be had in free agency.
    You get an advantage by obtaining his Bird rights. He’d also be a restricted FA to a team that trades for him, if they tender the QO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You get an advantage by obtaining his Bird rights. He’d also be a restricted FA to a team that trades for him, if they tender the QO.
    These would be important factors for a better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These would be important factors for a better player.
    A player doesn’t have one value. Each team could value him differently. He would be more valuable to a team with less structure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That number actually sounds low for homes on the North Side, especially in that area. May be an investment or so he can retire here later and not pay state income taxes. For me, it's hard to definitely read intent, but yeah, it makes you wonder.
    Man that’s 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom in a questionable area here in Los Angeles

I like Lonnie. He’s a good kid, great character and never complain. I’m still rooting for him to make it with the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not arguing his value in the MLE just that most teams can offer him up to that in FA so there is no need to trade for him. I don’t think he gets more than 5/yr.
    Even $5M is astronomical. Most of this board doesn't seem to realize how bad he is. He is a fringe NBA player without a single bankable skill. There's no reason he should exceed the minimum or at least close to it.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five Thirty Eight Raptor, WAR, 1 minute or more.

336) 0.0 Lonnie Walker, with 83 other players, including Tyler Johnson, Anthony Lamb and Joe Weiskamp.

0.0 is the definition of a replacement player.

NBA 2021-2022 salaries
    336) $1,846,738 Shake Milton
    420) $1,669,178 Rodney McGruder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I like Walker, he’s a good character, great kid but he has to put it together or he’s gonna be gone. Already he’s way behind 2nd year player Devin (who happens to be my favorite player among this group, just a smooth player and potentially great defensive player). I was watching Lonnie last night. He just deferred too much. I mean I guess he didn’t force it and let the game come to him and not get in the way of Murray and co. But there are 2-3 times he could’ve taken the shot imo. Unlike Samanic, who I rooted for his athleticism and need, Lonnie is a good kid, in the community goes out there. And he’s so talented but his BBIQ is suspect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I like Walker, he’s a good character, great kid but he has to put it together or he’s gonna be gone. Already he’s way behind 2nd year player Devin (who happens to be my favorite player among this group, just a smooth player and potentially great defensive player). I was watching Lonnie last night. He just deferred too much. I mean I guess he didn’t force it and let the game come to him and not get in the way of Murray and co. But there are 2-3 times he could’ve taken the shot imo. Unlike Samanic, who I rooted for his athleticism and need, Lonnie is a good kid, in the community goes out there. And he’s so talented but his BBIQ is suspect
    He will still be a great guy somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will still be a great guy somewhere else.
    If he continues, he could be out of the league playing in god knows where, one of those “he could’ve been great but..”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst thing about Lonnie is that he‘s the exact same player he was last year, averaging the same statline with worse shooting numbers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just bought a house here, he probably got some sort of assurance he was gonna be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just bought a house here, he probably got some sort of assurance he was gonna be here.
    That’s not how real life works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me feels like we might attempt to bring him back on something like 2yr/10mm as a deep bench player.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see his lack of development. Seems like an awesome dude. His best bet may be to get traded immediately so some other team can do invest some interest in him, but that seems unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Orlando trade Terrence Ross , they might be interested in Lonnie and a second or two for Chuma Okeke type of deal. Both players haven't been good but it balances the rosters a little. If Jonathan Isaac is indeed alive, that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Orlando trade Terrence Ross , they might be interested in Lonnie and a second or two for Chuma Okeke type of deal. Both players haven't been good but it balances the rosters a little. If Jonathan Isaac is indeed alive, that is.
    Pass on Okeke he’s basically a worse Keldon Johnson - similar 6’6, 220lb frame with less game. Our two 2022 SRPs are looking like 32 and ~45 plus Walker/Juancho could be a lowball starting point for Mo Bamba.

At this point Orlando probably wants far out picks I suspect. They have a decent chest of incoming draft capital, both first and second round and a roster full of high upside youth.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-22-2022 at 08:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me feels like we might attempt to bring him back on something like 2yr/10mm as a deep bench player.
    Some other details to consider:
    - QO is ~6mm
    - Cap Hold is ~13mm

Considering the above my conclusion is that unless he really shows out to finish the year (his trajectory is the opposite) Walker is going to be an UFA this summer. He could be a useful contract to help facilitate trades at the deadline however and that could get us an SRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie’s last 3 games 5, 3, 4 lmao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie’s last 3 games 5, 3, 4 lmao.
    Feels like he has thrown in the towel. I think reality has set in it’s a tough road ahead for him here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was trending up for a stretch but now he’s reverting back to his low IQ, invisible for long periods ways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like he has thrown in the towel. I think reality has set in it’s a tough road ahead for him here.
    It does feel that consequently he is moving deeper down in the rotation order in recent games as well. Meanwhile players like Devin and Primo are playing with the confidence he lacks when they get their chances, which doesn’t help his cause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an important part of rebuilding for us: giving guys an extended leash and opportunity to see what we have. Hopefully you can get something in return for the guys your cross off. Won’t be the case for Walker but atleast we gave him an opportunity to prove his worth. I’d like to see more Primo and Vassell exclusively at the 2 with only spot minutes at the 3 in the coming years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass on Okeke he’s basically a worse Keldon Johnson - similar 6’6, 220lb frame with less game. Our two 2022 SRPs are looking like 32 and ~45 plus Walker/Juancho could be a lowball starting point for Mo Bamba.

At this point Orlando probably wants far out picks I suspect. They have a decent chest of incoming draft capital, both first and second round and a roster full of high upside youth.
    Orlando's such an odd team. The possibility of pairing a healthy Jonathan Isaac with Franz Wagner looks very promising, but their future rotation of guards that aren't good 3pt shooters-- Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Markelle Fultz-- looks like such an exercise in futility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando's such an odd team. The possibility of pairing a healthy Jonathan Isaac with Franz Wagner looks very promising, but their future rotation of guards that aren't good 3pt shooters-- Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Markelle Fultz-- looks like such an exercise in futility.
    Issac, Wagner and Chet/Paolo/Jabari could be a pretty solid frontline, not to mention they have tons of draft capital and >30mm cap space this offseason. Terrible organization but even they should be able to put something together with that.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does seem like that.. with Bryn Dnps and rhen subsequent trade maybe he keeping one eye on trade market or simply Lonnie reverting back to usual self.

Thread Information