Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually love if we extend him now. If DeRozan is in fact gone, Lonnie's scoring numbers will go up and it will cost a lot more to resign him when he becomes a restricted FA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude is probably gone because of Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Get it done brian wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually love if we extend him now. If DeRozan is in fact gone, Lonnie's scoring numbers will go up and it will cost a lot more to resign him when he becomes a restricted FA
    I think about 3 years and $39M ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd extend him. Probably could get him extended somewhat cheaply this summer and then, worst case, have a tradeable contract on a young player if he continues to lag in his development.

But I agree, he may take some strides with DeRozan likely gone. I mean, someone's got to replace DeRozan taking every late shot of every Spurs game in the 2nd and 4th quarters. That will add 160 shots per season to his resume right there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude is probably gone because of Primo.
    Not so sure. I think Primo is at least two years away from being worthy of any minutes. If DDR is gone, they likely will need Lonnie. But maybe they let him play out his rookie contract and then see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would extend him also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can extend him for $10mil/season or less, do it imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be a worse defender than Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing will happen with his extension until the last second -- which I assume is some point in October like usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would make sense so walkers numbers would look better and he would get more $
    Maybe one day he can be as rich as the liberal owner of Amazon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's average and superfluous.

So I fully expect a sizeable extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't today the last day for it to be done?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could see it not happening... and them letting him become a RFA unless extension is a great deal for Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Lonnie as a person, but think he shouldn't be extended. I mean Kyle had shown more at this equivalent point and they didn't extend him as I recall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mikal Bridges got 4 yrs/$90 mil, which is a win for Phoenix. I think Lonnie could be signed for something like 4/40, which would be fine because it'd be less yearly than his cap hold, but not sure the Spurs value him that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are doing the right thing not extending him now. Let the market dictate how much they should pay him because he honestly still has a way to go as a player to actually earn heavy NBA minutes.

hopefully he balls out this season and earns a good pay day with our (or any other) team. If he plays like he deserves what Bridges just received then that means we will be better as a team overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are doing the right thing not extending him now. Let the market dictate how much they should pay him because he honestly still has a way to go as a player to actually earn heavy NBA minutes.

hopefully he balls out this season and earns a good pay day with our (or any other) team. If he plays like he deserves what Bridges just received then that means we will be better as a team overall.
    Agree. Lonnie still has a lot to prove. And that should give him the hunger to prove it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Lonnie still has a lot to prove. And that should give him the hunger to prove it
    Not that I could claim to know him, but he strikes me as the kind of guy who'd play better and more relaxed having a contract's security, especially since he's somewhat injury prone. His advanced stats have been so bad that he and his agent must be concerned about the value of potential offers next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not NOT extending him, at this point. IIRC, both DJs and White’s extensions happened on the last day. They have an offer on the table, and I’m sure Lonnie and his representatives have a figure they want. If the Spurs think that the number they have offered is wildly below market, they may make a final offer to avoid having to match next summer. If not, the extension deadline will pass, and he’ll play for the QO, and be restricted next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming he won't be extended and have been since Primo was drafted. It's probably worth more to the team to get a contract-year performance out of Lonnie and then trade him or let him walk than to try to get a discount on signing him now anyway. If Pop were going to get through to Walker, you'd think he would've done so by now. I think it'll take a different coach to do that, if anyone does.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not NOT extending him, at this point. IIRC, both DJs and White’s extensions happened on the last day. They have an offer on the table, and I’m sure Lonnie and his representatives have a figure they want. If the Spurs think that the number they have offered is wildly below market, they may make a final offer to avoid having to match next summer. If not, the extension deadline will pass, and he’ll play for the QO, and be restricted next summer.
    God I hope the Spurs don't have any offer on the table for Walker. Let him walk next summer, he's an awful player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Anyway, can someone confirm this is the last day to extend him? Or is it tomorrow?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would they extend him?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Extend him to the nearest dumpsta

Thread Information