Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/news/2023-24-nba-gm-survey

Which team has the most promising young core?

1. Oklahoma City Thunder – 73%
    2. Cleveland Cavaliers – 10%
    3. Orlando Magic – 7%
    » Also receiving votes: Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers

Spurs don't even received votes for promising young core

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness, Thunder, Cavs, and Magic do have awesome young rosters. I suspect Spurs make the list next year when they prove that Wemby is for real and that Vassell, Sochan, etc are legit and play close to 82 games instead of being "injured" on the way to the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/news/2023-24-nba-gm-survey

Which team has the most promising young core?

1. Oklahoma City Thunder – 73%
    2. Cleveland Cavaliers – 10%
    3. Orlando Magic – 7%
    » Also receiving votes: Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers

Spurs don't even received votes for promising young core
    Yeah that's kind of stupid. I can understand OKC and Cleveland. Orlando is a wash to me, but not really. Houston has a lot of hyped pieces but a lot of it is noise. I don't understand Detroit or Indiana. Those rosters are actually pretty bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I don't understand Cleveland either. Their youth is Evan Mobley and Garland, that's it. Seems like a wild pick.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright didn't even pick the spurs lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland lol. Did they watch that last playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "General managers were not permitted to vote for their own team or personnel."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s like most surveys, you’re not allowed to pick your own player(s).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like there are some butt hurt GM’s out there Who hate hearing about how great the spurs front office is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness, Thunder, Cavs, and Magic do have awesome young rosters. I suspect Spurs make the list next year when they prove that Wemby is for real and that Vassell, Sochan, etc are legit and play close to 82 games instead of being "injured" on the way to the lottery.
    Exactly this. Our young core is more like a young collection of atoms at this point, that hasn't even coalesced into a core. Results don't surprise me too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?

1. Nikola Jokic, Denver – 33%
    2. Victor Wembanyama, San Antonio – 23%
    3. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee – 13%
    4. Luka Doncic, Dallas – 10%
    5. Anthony Edwards, Minnesota – 7%
    » Also receiving votes: Stephen Curry, Golden State; Joel Embiid, Philadelphia; Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Oklahoma City; Jayson Tatum, Boston
    » Last year: Giannis Antetokounmpo – 55%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who voted for Edwards

i like him but man, that’s a weird choice

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's kind of stupid. I can understand OKC and Cleveland. Orlando is a wash to me, but not really. Houston has a lot of hyped pieces but a lot of it is noise. I don't understand Detroit or Indiana. Those rosters are actually pretty bad.
    I suppose the DET love is based Cade/Thompson/Duren

And Indy is Halliburton/Matheren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose the DET love is based Cade/Thompson/Duren

And Indy is Halliburton/Matheren
    Oh definitely. I just don't see those as exceptional cores. Cade/Ausar/Ivey/Duren is just okay but I think its ceiling isn't that high. Haliburton/Mathurin are potentially very good, but just two players. I think Jarace Walker got overrated and might just be a platoon guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No the front office got lucky with Wemby. Much of what else they did the last three years pretty bad unless tanking by design.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston has some legit pieces; will they develop the them properly? Only god knows!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is a one-man core.

I respect everyone on this roster and I love them all, honestly. But Wemby by himself is worth more than some collection of lottery picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No the front office got lucky with Wemby. Much of what else they did the last three years pretty bad unless tanking by design.
    Except for gathering that significant pile of draft assets and nailing last year's draft, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who voted for Edwards

i like him but man, that’s a weird choice
    Edward’s is quickly becoming the new westbrook. All athleticism and highlight plays, nothing else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m in the very minority that I think Halliburton is being massively overrated at this point. He’s a good player but I don’t see him as a centrepiece type of player that people are making him out to be. Mathurin is a shooter who can’t really shoot and he doesn’t do much else. He’s like a poor man’s klay without the defense.

I like cade quite a bit but not the rest of detroits roster. Houston has a lot of athletes but we will see if udoka can turn them
    Into basketball players. I think Jabari smith is going to be an all star type player and over the long term banchero may turn out to be the worst of the top three in that draft, which is a testament of how good I think smith and Chet will turn out as I see banchero as an all star type player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edward’s is quickly becoming the new westbrook. All athleticism and highlight plays, nothing else.
    think its way to early to be making calls like that. his game has definitely been expanding. the problem with westbrook is that he basically was always the same player and never expanded his game or adapted. edwards has improved every year since college as a shooter, passer, playmaker. and in the playoffs he was the only big name player on the wolves carrying his weight against the nuggets, and nearly carried them to a game 2 win when the rest of the team the bed

yeah, more defensive focus would be a good thing, but the guy is 22

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People should pay close attention where Pop is ranked in these surveys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think its way to early to be making calls like that. his game has definitely been expanding. the problem with westbrook is that he basically was always the same player and never expanded his game or adapted. edwards has improved every year since college as a shooter, passer, playmaker. and in the playoffs he was the only big name player on the wolves carrying his weight against the nuggets, and nearly carried them to a game 2 win when the rest of the team the bed

yeah, more defensive focus would be a good thing, but the guy is 22
    This. I mean the Nuggets lost 4 games the entire playoffs and one of the losses was against the Timberwolves and Ant had 34-6-5 two steals and 3 blocks. Like Spurraider said he's improved in every facet of his game every year. Kid shot 37% from three last year on 7.3 attempts. His rookie year he shot 33% from 3 on 7.2 attempts. He was also 6th in steals per game last year and 3rd in total blocks from a guard. 22 years old is incredibly young to be this good so far in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. I mean the Nuggets lost 4 games the entire playoffs and one of the losses was against the Timberwolves and Ant had 34-6-5 two steals and 3 blocks. Like Spurraider said he's improved in every facet of his game every year. Kid shot 37% from three last year on 7.3 attempts. His rookie year he shot 33% from 3 on 7.2 attempts. He was also 6th in steals per game last year and 3rd in total blocks from a guard. 22 years old is incredibly young to be this good so far in his career.
    he was a sub 30% three point shooter in college which is a shorter 3pt line as well

if you go and rewatch game 2 of that first round series he dropped over 40 on good efficiency and nearly willed them to a win there too. final score isnt reflective of the game, nuggets kinda pulled away very late but he was keeping them in it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now it's not horrible to say Westbrook and Edwards in the same vein. Minnesota is really kind of Gobert's team right now if I'm being honest. He sets the tone for everything. Not to say Edwards can't or won't make a leap. He's extremely good but I certainly wouldn't say he will become the best player in the league. Not so far.

Thread Information