Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Landale is literally never going to play, is he?
    I've come to realize this. Not as long as Pop is head coach. Our bigs can't an won't attempt a shot not in near the rim. As a matter of fact, they really don't look to shoot at all.(Purtel kinda does that push/hookshot) Landle could truly spread the floor for our guards, but Pop knows best. I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright bullying ST in the paint with this one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I didn't think Collins was this good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth be told, the outrage was more at the perceived 3 years, than the signing itself. The contract ended up being about 2/3 non guaranteed, it was almost risk free. Under THOSE terms the deal is an entirely different proposition. Props given to Wright when they're due, though. Great job on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland could use some size right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland could use some size right now.
    I'd keep Zach. His "toughness" is needed.
    Sochan got grit, but these young guys need to see a "take no shiv" at ude right now and Zach has it, along with actually being a darn good player and there is no real reason to get rid of him as of this moment.

Maybe I'm wrong...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth be told, the outrage was more at the perceived 3 years, than the signing itself. The contract ended up being about 2/3 non guaranteed, it was almost risk free. Under THOSE terms the deal is an entirely different proposition. Props given to Wright when they're due, though. Great job on this one.
    It didn’t “end up” being partially guaranteed, it was from the beginning, and was announced as such in any article. Any outrage was just typical ST bile and rage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved the signing from the jump cause best case scenario that’s what was supposed to happen. Collins gets healthy, plays consistent minutes and then takes the 3rd year leap. This is basically his 3rd full season so to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll own it: I like this signing. It’s worth the gamble, plus in all likelihood these are the type of deals we’d been left with anyway. It’s a ty crop this summer. People just pissed it’s happening st 12:01 again.

His deal will start in the 6M range, and we’ll see what year 3 protections there are. Spurs still have moved to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people compare him to Al Horford. If he can be Al Horford for that price that’s great. Gotta see how this develops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It didn’t “end up” being partially guaranteed, it was from the beginning, and was announced as such in any article. Any outrage was just typical ST bile and rage.
    Blazers pull one-year, $7 million qualifying offer. Spurs sign him to three-year, $22 million contract.
    Brian Wright goes ahead and gives him a 3 year 22 million dollar deal.

One of the worst signings in NBA history.

Just waiting on the excuses to come with, "Spurs had intel that other teams wanted him at like, 3/21, so the Spurs HAD TO ACT! Intel!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy to eat crow on this one. He's been fantastic and arguably the most consistent Spur this entire season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd keep Zach. His "toughness" is needed.
    Sochan got grit, but these young guys need to see a "take no shiv" at ude right now and Zach has it, along with actually being a darn good player and there is no real reason to get rid of him as of this moment.

Maybe I'm wrong...
    I'm not saying the Spurs should trade him, I'm saying the Blazers made a mistake by not keeping him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins coming back from his injury was my biggest worry but he has delivered. I’ll eat my crow. Better than eating crow for some stain like primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs going total rebuild. If this guy can learn to walk without breaking something maybe next year they have something to work with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins coming back from his injury was my biggest worry but he has delivered. I’ll eat my crow. Better than eating crow for some stain like primo.
    Bringing up Primo is a very low bar.

Crazy that a guy who was considered to be high character and "a good kid" ended up letting his dong flop around where it wasn't warranted. Frankly, it's hard to research that kind of stuff for someone who was 18 coming into the NBA.

Starter
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given this approach worked out reasonably well for Wright, and we have cap space to burn next off season anyway, there's probably a high likelihood he goes this route again.

Free Agent previous 1st round picks who have not managed to hold down a rotation spot yet due to play/injury... Jaxson Hayes, Coby White, Dennis Smith Jr, Darius Bazley or Nickell Alexander Walker anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given this approach worked out reasonably well for Wright, and we have cap space to burn next off season anyway, there's probably a high likelihood he goes this route again.

Free Agent previous 1st round picks who have not managed to hold down a rotation spot yet due to play/injury... Jaxson Hayes, Coby White, Dennis Smith Jr, Darius Bazley or Nickell Alexander Walker anyone?
    None of those do anything for me. Smith is barely hanging on to an NBA career. Last season, he just escaped being the last cut in Portland.

I’m not looking for washouts. Zollins actually showed promise in season 2. He had one of the lowest opp rim FG% rates in the league. Find me another injury or surgery recoup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt love the Collins signing on talent alone (didnt think he could be THIS good even if he got healthy) but once I found out about the contract I was fine with it. Was meh for me but hes really played great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract is expiring, and he'll want both a pay raise and long term security, so I very much doubt he'll agree to a largely non guaranteed contract like he did his previous one.
    What's a good compromise? 3 years guaranteed? maybe 4th team option?
    He'll command over MLE surely... how much would get it done?
    Given that the Spurs would no longer have the luxury to dodge the risk of long term injury, would you be willing to trade him for a good enough offer? What would that be?

Starter
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of those do anything for me.
    Oh, I agree, but that's the point really. While Collins had shown promise he was quickly released by Portland and was seen by most as a minimum contract at the time. He didn't do anything for most on this board, so it won't be anyone we like.

Assuming we don't get the #1 pick, I can see Jaxson Hayes as fitting the profile and likely gettable with a similar large non-guaranteed offer give the Pels cap situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract is expiring, and he'll want both a pay raise and long term security, so I very much doubt he'll agree to a largely non guaranteed contract like he did his previous one.
    What's a good compromise? 3 years guaranteed? maybe 4th team option?
    He'll command over MLE surely... how much would get it done?
    Given that the Spurs would no longer have the luxury to dodge the risk of long term injury, would you be willing to trade him for a good enough offer? What would that be?
    There were rumors SA was very open to trading him this deadline and teams just passed. They have to be kicking themselves if true. First round pick quality player now which is amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe a couple young FA with upside like Naz Reid or Jalen McDaniels could be targets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonzaga Zollins showed a ton of versatility…… he just needed to get healthy and playing time.

Thread Information