Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bitter pill to swallow as a fan. We better get details on the contract overall. Partial, Team Clauses etc.

This deal is a stretch even more if there is no John Collins signing or acquisition to finish free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope.....

Brian Wright: Alright, so we got that John Collins max offer we'll keep quiet until Friday since he's a restricted free agent and we gotta catch the Hawks napping. McDermott agreed. We got some cash left ... we better spend it before Pop tells us to bring Patty back.

RC Buford: Alright, who would take $7 million a year?

BW: Hmm... I'm not sure. That's not much money these days.

RC: What's Kyle Korver up to these days? You can trust that guy at his word!

BW: Uh, I think he's retired.

RC: What abut Pau Gasol? I think he even has a foundation! And he opted out that one time so overpaying him is only the classy thing to do!

BW: I'm pretty sure he's busy right now. What about that broken down big man in Portland? He can't be asking for much.

RC: Bill Walton?

BW: Nah, that other guy.

RC: Sam Bowie?

BW: No ... what's his name, he barely played. Ah, I can't remember his name.

RC: Greg Oden?

BW: No. No. Oh, yeah, Zach Collins. I think he's out for the season. He'll take whatever we offer. Plus, the rest of the NBA would think we're crazy so they'll be caught totally off guard when we sign John Collins to the max.

RC: Samuel Adams?

BW: No, never mind, RC. I got this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope.....

Brian Wright: Alright, so we got that John Collins max offer we'll keep quiet until Friday since he's a restricted free agent and we gotta catch the Hawks napping. McDermott agreed. We got some cash left ... we better spend it before Pop tells us to bring Patty back.

RC: What abut Pau Gasol? I think he even has a foundation! And he opted out that one time so overpaying him is only the classy thing to do!

BW: I'm pretty sure he's busy right now. What about that broken down big man in Portland? He can't be asking for much.

BW: No. No. Oh, yeah, Zach Collins. I think he's out for the season. He'll take whatever we offer. Plus, the rest of the NBA would think we're crazy so they'll be caught totally off guard when we sign John Collins to the max.

amazing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope.....

Hahaha! Curse of the Blazer big men. I’ll pour one out for Roy too, even though he was a guard.

In all seriousness, I’m tracking that Spurs still have over $30M after these two. With new that other Collins and ATL haven’t come to terms, you may be on to something…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooh, thanks for the quote, almost missed that.

Daily reminder timvp that the blocking function on this site is still trash. Can you put your anger at the FO to good use and work on it...?
    lol Karrengus complaining to the manager

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Farce of FO raises it to another level

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be a Spurs off-season without them signing another washed up, future buy-out candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope.....

This is actually believable ...sadly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did they have to come to terms so fast? Teams were running out of money and Portland didn't want him.

Why big against yourself? If he really did have another offer like 3/21 like OKC maybe ... let him take it. I doubt any team with an MLE that wanted to contend for the playoffs were going to tie it up on a guy that just had major surgery.

Lord, why do they have to jump in like this? Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O
    DOES HE NOT HAVE to PASS PHYSICALL

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope.....

My expectation of the phone call...

BW: Well let's bring Demar back at the same salary. That leaves us $7 million to throw at that Collins guy who was killing in the playoffs last year.

RC: Who is this and how the did you get my number?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    people holding out hope for a John Collins offer

The draft and FA have shown the FO values high character scrubs, not playing ability. That rules Collins out. Better get yourselves ready for the upcoming Lauri sign and trade followed up with Patty coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we have a new nickname for our front court D: White Out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people holding out hope for a John Collins offer

The draft and FA have shown the FO values high character scrubs, not playing ability. That rules Collins out. Better get yourselves ready for the upcoming Lauri sign and trade followed up with Patty coming back.
    Only have enough room for one or the other. Guessing they're bringing DePression back though, not trading him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we have a new nickname for our front court D: White Out
    teams gonna their pants when poodle,collins,wisencamp,mcdermott& luka hit the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s likely to not play again and if he does, he’ll look like old broken foot Pau Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only have enough room for one or the other. Guessing they're bringing DePression back though, not trading him.

Looking more ,and more like ddr with the money they left over. Assuming he doesnt bolt to la or miami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is insane. He made sense as a flier on a cheap 2 year contract. Instead, it either appears the do view McDermott as a starter (also insane) or they're still after Markkanen and are trying to form the whitest, t-rex armed, physically weakest front court since the Hornets some years ago.
    when you go for the tank. go for the mutha in tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking more ,and more like ddr with the money they left over. Assuming he doesnt bolt to la or miami
    He'd probably have to sign for MLE to go to either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    teams gonna their pants when poodle,collins,wisencamp,mcdermott& luka hit the floor
    Don’t forget that undrafted big we have that has no business playing in the NBA. I forgot his name lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t forget that undrafted big we have that has no business playing in the NBA. I forgot his name lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope is that the ex Trailblazer to the Spurs good fortune repeats. Like when we got Jerome Kersey, Steve Kerr, Terry Porter, and Patty Mills. After playing in Portland and came to the Spurs they won a championship. That’s the only bright side for me. I’m desperate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope is that the ex Trailblazer to the Spurs good fortune repeats. Like when we got Jerome Kersey, Steve Kerr, Terry Porter, and Patty Mills. After playing in Portland and came to the Spurs they won a championship. That’s the only bright side for me. I’m desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did they have to come to terms so fast? Teams were running out of money and Portland didn't want him.

Why big against yourself? If he really did have another offer like 3/21 like OKC maybe ... let him take it. I doubt any team with an MLE that wanted to contend for the playoffs were going to tie it up on a guy that just had major surgery.

I asked the same question about McDermott. This only bolsters that.

makes me think they're trying to send messages to DDR and maybe Gay and Mills to about what offers are possible so they sign elsewhere??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I asked the same question about McDermott. This only bolsters that.

makes me think they're trying to send messages to DDR and maybe Gay and Mills to about what offers are possible so they sign elsewhere??

Thread Information