Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be nice, but those are clearly just assumptions, not rumors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should just trade for him before Feb. Doug/Cedi/CHA FRP for Fournier/Quig

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should just trade for him before Feb. Doug/Cedi/CHA FRP for Fournier/Quig
    Can't see what the Knicks get out of that deal considering the Charlotte pick won't convey as a first and will be two seconds and Fournier is an expiring.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We like what we have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see what the Knicks get out of that deal considering the Charlotte pick won't convey as a first and will be two seconds and Fournier is an expiring.
    Not sure what reasonably more they can expect after they didn’t extend him, maybe add several seconds. Spurs can alway go pry him this summer if they want him. I think the point is the Knicks don’t really have room for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the package would have to start with branham, Collins and cedi, /doug for Fournier and Quickley. Knicks probably want vets to booster their depth and a young player that still has work to do.

Another idea is they may want Jones has a backup pg instead of branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what reasonably more they can expect after they didn’t extend him, maybe add several seconds. Spurs can alway go pry him this summer if they want him. I think the point is the Knicks don’t really have room for him.
    You think Quickley is long term starting material? If not I think I'd rather spend $45 million a year on OG Anunoby to have a defensive ace than $25 million a year on a warm body to play point as opposed to just drafting one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been over this ad nauseam and don't have the time to dig it up, but this will almost certainly have to wait until the off season and be a sign and trade: Quickly for Jones and the Hornets 1st, makes the most sense.

The Spurs will probably hold greater appeal to him than the Magic, given their greater need + projected future MVP caliber player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying it. Quickley is an underrated combo guard that would shine with more minutes that can shoulder PG duties. He's the next Tyrese Maxey imo. Spurs should go after him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been over this ad nauseam and don't have the time to dig it up, but this will almost certainly have to wait until the off season and be a sign and trade: Quickly for Jones and the Hornets 1st, makes the most sense.

The Spurs will probably hold greater appeal to him than the Magic, given their greater need + projected future MVP caliber player.
    No need to trade Jones or do any sign and trade since they'll have the capspace to sign Quickley outright if his market is 4 years, $100 million.

EDIT: Crap, forget he'd be a RFA, never mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has to have a class level of 100%. That seems to matter more than talent on the spurs these days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he throw lob passes?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In comparison to what they get with Quickley I agree with you but Doug and Cedi on the Knicks would both be really good fits.

They don’t seem to use Quickley as much as you would think and Cedi gives you some of the same energy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Quickley is long term starting material? If not I think I'd rather spend $45 million a year on OG Anunoby to have a defensive ace than $25 million a year on a warm body to play point as opposed to just drafting one.
    It’s a fair question, and I don’t know. I just think the path to a starting PG seems murky for the next two years:

- im not sure there is a starting caliber PG building block in this draft, and even if Collier or Topic were that, they’d need time to develop.

- im all for pushing the trade chips for an established PG player, but whose really available that you’d want to attach 3 FRPs?

- I don’t think Quickley is the guy, but players like him, Coby White, Sexton, etc. might be able to hold the team over until a Topic of whoever is ready. I don’t think the Spurs fully trust Tre to do that alone.

So why not trade for Quickly now, and let the market set his price this summer. Or better, come to an agreement on a 4 year deal where last year is a team option?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to trade Jones or do any sign and trade since they'll have the capspace to sign Quickley outright if his market is 4 years, $100 million.

They can trade for him now, and then be the ones to manage the RFA process this summer. Knicks have that Fournier contract to grease the gears for the deal.

Doubt anyone will come in with a big offer this summer if he’s already with spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it. KJ for Quickley. Straight up. Knicks need shooting. We need a PG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it. KJ for Quickley. Straight up. Knicks need shooting. We need a PG.
    it....Something gotta change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are getting our PG next year. Should be a good one. Maybe even 2 quality PGs. Patience.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are getting our PG next year. Should be a good one. Maybe even 2 quality PGs. Patience.
    and how is that

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich has willfully passed on point guards, both in the draft and free agency, to the detriment of the team. The fans will collectively destroy and devour anybody who tries to play the position who isn't instantly John Stockton. If there are signs of either of those things changing I'd love to hear about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still try now by offering Jones, the Knicks choice of McDermott or Osman and the Hornets 1st for Quickley and Fournier, I just don't see a team that's a few breaks away from having a chance to make the Conference Finals for the first time in forever weakening their team for this season.

But, Hart and Grimes have both complained about their lack of touches lately, so it's worth a shot to see if they want to alleviate the logjam now.

It's better to work with the in bent team so that you don't have to significantly overpay the RFA to attempt to dissuade them from matching.

Also, the Spurs need to extricate themselves of non shooters and don't need two rotational, sub star small guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally zero percent they would trade for Quickley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks are in a tough spot. They value Quickley, and he leads the entire team in On Court +/- and On/Off +/-, but he's only playing 24 minutes a games. His advanced stats are very Ginobili-like. But they have way too many sub 6'6" players and not enough minutes for them all, so their roster is unbalanced. But why would a rebuilding team trade assets for him now, knowing he could leave this summer in free agency? If the Spurs like him, it makes more sense to just make an offer in July. I think he's the guy to go for. The Spurs already have Wemby, Sochan, and Vassell getting acclimated to the NBA-- do they want to add a PG who's going to be a couple of years behind those guys in terms of development, as a starter? With Quickley starting at PG, they could still draft someone like Topic and bring him along as a bench player while the team builds toward playoff showings with Victor.

Quickley's seasonal +/- #s are off the charts four years in a row with a Knicks team that has changed dramatically, and Quickly has always been one of the leaders for impact. Here are his On Court +/- and On/Off +/- #s for his 4 seasons:

'20-'21: +6.8/ +6.6
    '21-'22: +7.9/ +13.8
    '22-'23: +6.7/ +8.6
    '23-'24: +7.7/ +9.0

I think it's pretty clear at this point that he affects winning. And last year when he started games, his impact #s were even better than his very impressive bench #s.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NYK/2024.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, say this with me:

We.
    Don't.
    Want.
    To.
    Win.
    This.
    Year.

Get it? Let the winning start next year. Doesn't mean development doesn't happen. In fact, it's very important that those who are likely to be with the team do develop. Just don't be a knuckle-head and hero-ball us into unneeded wins.

Thread Information