Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm calling my shot by stating that Demar will be back on a 3-4 year deal. I hope I'm wrong but what do Spur fans think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes as good as gone . No fo is stupid enough to believe he is a 20 million+ franchise player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes as good as gone . No fo is stupid enough to believe he is a 20 million+ franchise player
    except this one

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we strike out on collins, we might consider sign and trade for lauri, kristaps, or kuzma. if that also didnt work, then i think spurs will sign him on a short contract just to fill out the cap.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    if he is back i will boycott yet another year of spurs basketball..........youth movement leave derozan

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh....want to see the future young guards take the keys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR pride probably has taken a huge hit. Technically he is the best free agent out there (discounting Leonard). In terms of his skill, he is the best.

But his weakness require teams to spend on role players to cover for it. So teams have learnt that giving him 15 to 20% of the cap space is just too costly when you need 7 or so more players to cover him. Put him on the jazz instead of clarkson, you know. Good defenders with good shooters. But to get those players means you can't get DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He wants a chance to win a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. Mills as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we bring back Mills and ddr... That may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Functionally with the signing of McBuckets, Collins, and with Luka getting real PT this year there is nowhere for him to even play on the spurs without a young guy or McBuckets getting virtually 0 minutes...

I think it ends up being a sign and trade for Demar either Collins, Lauri, Kristaps, or some players from Washington

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to say...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet he stays on a fat but short contract. There is nowhere that can really pay him in free agency. If no sign and trade can be found spurs have the negotiation leverage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet he stays on a fat but short contract. There is nowhere that can really pay him in free agency. If no sign and trade can be found spurs have the negotiation leverage.
    I’m sure that’s why the Spurs haven’t committed to anything beyond DMcD and Collins. They are working S&T angles with Demar and if they don’t work out, he will gladly take a bigger contract from Spurs with understanding he may get moved during the year (likely he has say in destination). Should also be working through S&T possibilities with Mills and Gay. While most teams can fit them into the MLE, they may want to fit someone else into the MLE (see Carroll / Morris debacle) and part with an asset (Bertans in that example).

The two deals the Spurs handed out yesterday don’t need to be signed until other moves are done, and can still be worked into larger S&T too as both deals are 3 years. Still a ton of flexibility.

Similar to OKC and SGA. The SGA extension will be the last domino to fall for them once they’ve used all their space as he’s on a small cap hold right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the cherry on top of this turd sundae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, I think he's honest when he says he wants to get a ring. Not David West levels, but he'll take less with an elite team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, I think he's honest when he says he wants to get a ring. Not David West levels, but he'll take less with an elite team.
    He's not gong to play for cheap on a le contender. The minimum I could see him taking is 10 mil a year. There is no le contender out there that has that money when you look at the landscape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This re ed FO and Depression deserve each other tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He wants a chance to win a ring.
    He wants to get paid and ring. Most importantly he wants to get paid first. No team out there can offer him good money and a ring. It really comes down to the money for Demar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR pride probably has taken a huge hit. Technically he is the best free agent out there (discounting Leonard). In terms of his skill, he is the best.

But his weakness require teams to spend on role players to cover for it. So teams have learnt that giving him 15 to 20% of the cap space is just too costly when you need 7 or so more players to cover him. Put him on the jazz instead of clarkson, you know. Good defenders with good shooters. But to get those players means you can't get DDR.
    The free agent market should show everybody how low Demar's value is. It also should give an idea how the Spurs could never really trade him other than for players with bad contracts. No team really wants Demar. It became apparent to me when even the lowly Knicks passed on him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he wants out just as much as the fans want him out. Nobody in their right mind wants to play here unless they are washed up or broke .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He’s gone tbh.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was inconceivable. But hey, this FO has a way of making the impossible a reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Patty’s gone too. Lakers and Warriors both courting him pretty hard reportedly, among others. Will suck if he ends up a Laker tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. You need stars to win championships. This team without DeMar is one of the worst rosters in NBA.

Thread Information