Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Patty’s gone too. Lakers and Warriors both courting him pretty hard reportedly, among others. Will suck if he ends up a Laker tbh.
    He’ll be on the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He wants a chance to win a ring.
    I think Atlanta fits. DDR(st) for Collins (st). He gets some money and goes to a contender. His lack of 3pt shooter won’t be an issue in Atlanta as he’ll be surrounded by shooters.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one wants to pay Demar big money. I’m sure the Spurs will throw $20M+ at him because they’re idiots.

I might have to jump ship completely if they don’t even make an offer on Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Right now he’s looking for the most money he can get while still being a part of a compe ive team. I think he has no desire to return to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we bring back Mills and ddr... That may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me
    Maybe he'll stop being so conservative with his 3pt shooting with a new contract. I have to believe not hurting his FG% stats was a root cause of his 318th rank in 3pt attempts.

Plus they'll be a chance to trade him at the deadline if the season goes south... which with him is a lock, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he'll stop being so conservative with his 3pt shooting with a new contract. I have to believe not hurting his FG% stats was a root cause of his 318th rank in 3pt attempts.

Plus they'll be a chance to trade him at the deadline if the season goes south... which with him is a lock, imo.
    yeah right. The Spurs trading their vets at the deadline. Where have I seen this movie before?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. You need stars to win championships. This team without DeMar is one of the worst rosters in NBA.
    Is one of the worst rosters in the league with him too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Right now he’s looking for the most money he can get while still being a part of a compe ive team. I think he has no desire to return to the Spurs.
    It's the only way he's making more than MLE unless the Spurs find someone to throw some first round picks in a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the only way he's making more than MLE unless the Spurs find someone to throw some first round picks in a sign and trade.
    I just saw some charter that he could consider the Spurs ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw some charter that he could consider the Spurs ...
    I'm guessing 80% chance this scrub is back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We‘ll probably pay him 25 million per year while everybody else is offering him the tax-payers MLE for 5.9 million.

„We have to do right by our players“

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR has about $176 M in career income. He should go to Miami on a vet min deal. He won’t starve, and he’d be on a winning team, and with Lowry again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR has about $176 M in career income. He should go to Miami on a vet min deal. He won’t starve, and he’d be on a winning team, and with Lowry again.
    DeRozan just saw his market value is . If the Spurs offer him $20 million a year or more he should take the money and run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Logic says no way DeRozan is re-signed.

Spurs logic says, yeah, I mean, it's possible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those loyalty contracts to Porky, Pau, and LMA paid huge dividends so why not another one for Derozan when nobody is offering more than MLE

Worst FO in the league by FAR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan just saw his market value is . If the Spurs offer him $20 million a year or more he should take the money and run.

That’s what you would do, but do you have $176 M in career earnings?

If the income outlook is bad, so be it, and look for something else, preferably winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah right. The Spurs trading their vets at the deadline. Where have I seen this movie before?
    Man look here, I'm squarely on team No-DeRozan so looking for any silver linings if they resign him. None of us want to watch 82 games next year and hating the focal point of the offense.

My expectation is he signs here reluctantly for the money, but will become increasingly malcontent when the losses pile up.
    He'll be unloaded like Mike Finley in 2009 with hopefully a 1st rounder in return.

That's the road of optimism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a 2nd or 3rd option, yes. If somehow they can get Collins and giving up Murray to allow some cap space to sign Demar on a discount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being DDR and always talking about how you view yourself as one of the best players in the league. Then you go to a team where they value your best friend so much more than you they are not only willing to pay him 90M but trade players for the privilege of doing so. Then they value you at the league minimum

Yeah, that’s a tough pill to swallow for the old ego, especially when hanging out with what you perceive to be your “equals”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the income outlook is bad, so be it, and look for something else, preferably winning.
    His game doesn't win, no defense and no three point shooting from a guard in 2021 is suicide, gotta have at least one or the other. If he cared about winning he would have become a half decent defender and learned to shoot the three ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once he signs MLE, there’s no going back. His best move would be to work with the Spurs. I still value his scoring. He just needs to stop being too conservative about not taking the 3. I mean Westbrook has worse percentage than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being DDR...

A silly thing for you to do. You can’t imagine it.

Maybe he’ll take the money if the Spurs offer it, but he will know he’s signing with a loser. You think losing impinges on ego?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Most people are greedy regardless of their income bracket. Very few people are going to take a lot less money than their use to making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game doesn't win, ...

Miami does. And the Spurs don’t. At least, the Spurs’ outlook is not bright, with or without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's trying to play the market, and going to find out the market doesn't want to pay him what he expects. He's a good player, but not a GREAT player, and other teams are quickly using up the assets they would have needed to sign him.

Thread Information