Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan's shooting 39% from three through 10 games. It's a small sample size and mostly the result of two good games, but I wouldn't bet on it continuing.

There's always been so much emotion around any honest assessment of DeRozan's game. People are so eager to jump in and yell Hater!

My impression is he's a cool guy, but his style of play probably makes it nearly impossible for his team to win a championship. He'll help an average to good team win more regular season games and he'll put up impressive raw stats, but come playoff time, he'll always be the target of opposing scoring schemes and sagging/helping defenses. In an era when the most sought after prototype for his position is a 3 & D guy, he's someone who excels at almost everything except 3 & D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR too cool to play D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think Demar’s facilitating and go to scoring would’ve fit perfectly at Philly as a 2nd or 3rd option. He didn’t work out in Spurs because he was the 1st option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad for Demar, he just couldn't carry a bunch of scrubs here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan's shooting 39% from three through 10 games. It's a small sample size and mostly the result of two good games, but I wouldn't bet on it continuing.

There's always been so much emotion around any honest assessment of DeRozan's game. People are so eager to jump in and yell Hater!

My impression is he's a cool guy, but his style of play probably makes it nearly impossible for his team to win a championship. He'll help an average to good team win more regular season games and he'll put up impressive raw stats, but come playoff time, he'll always be the target of opposing scoring schemes and sagging/helping defenses. In an era when the most sought after prototype for his position is a 3 & D guy, he's someone who excels at almost everything except 3 & D.
    Well put. He is a guy who idolized Kobe, and wants to have that mamba mentality....but has never lived up to it when all the chips are on the table.

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan for various reasons....but that guy could definitely win a team games, even at the highest stakes. And he would do whatever it took to get to the top.

DeMar seems like a good guy, good teammate, etc....and was a good Spur during his tenure. It's frustrating that he suddenly has decided to start shooting threes when PATFO was begging him to do it all along.

We'll see how far Chicago goes. But I wouldn't be surprised if they fizzle out, and DeMar will be the guy leading the way

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys do know DeRozan averaged 26.4 PPG his first 10 games on the Spurs right? Not very different from the 26.9 PPG he is averaging in his first 10 games in Chicago. I'm not buying the hype on him this season when he was a guy who always looked amazing in the early season here too before fading once the games started to matter. Every single year seemed like 'wow this is the season DeRozan has finally put it together' when he'd blow up early but it never was.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys do know DeRozan averaged 26.4 PPG his first 10 games on the Spurs right? Not very different from the 26.9 PPG he is averaging in his first 10 games in Chicago. I'm not buying the hype on him this season when he was a guy who always looked amazing in the early season here too before fading once the games started to matter. Every single year seemed like 'wow this is the season DeRozan has finally put it together' when he'd blow up early but it never was.
    Agreed. He's had stretches of 10-12 games every year with the Spurs where he looks great and then he fizzles out afterwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad Demar is gone, but what’s frustrating to me is fans and media bought this narrative that Demar wasn’t good which again made his trade value crap
    His trade value was crap because he was unrestricted. PATFO gets an A for pulling a future FRP and 3 SRPs in the 3 way trade, plus whatever we pull for Young.

It’s not any narrative that sets his value, it’s the fact that his game is outdated. He never adapted to the 2015 rules changes, and kept playing his mid range game. In spite of his early uptick in 3p shooting, he still takes 48% of his shots from 10’ out to the arc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. He's had stretches of 10-12 games every year with the Spurs where he looks great and then he fizzles out afterwards.

Nah. That's a Spurstalk myth.

DDR's scoring in his last 10 games with the Spurs:
    6 (a lousy game against Utah that the Spurs lost by 32 points)

There's no fading there, no problem with his late season scoring.

The year before, he wasn't quite as good late, but he still had games of 30, 29, and 25 points among his last ten games of the year.

DDR upheld his end of the bargain with the Spurs. He scored points, very consistently, all season. Trouble was, the Spurs as a team were not good. When DDR first got here, Murray was not good. Poeltl wasn't much good at first. Then of course there were things like starting Forbes. Puke. And all the rest of it.

It was never DDR, it was the team. Still is. Not that the Spurs should have kept him. Time to move on, certainly. But any claim that DDR was the problem with the Spurs is definitely not true.

The problems the Spurs had, when DDR was here, are still here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk.com told me Demar was trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The year before, he wasn't quite as good late, but he still had games of 30, 29, and 25 points among his last ten games of the year.

DDR upheld his end of the bargain with the Spurs. He scored points, very consistently, all season. Trouble was, the Spurs as a team were not good. When DDR first got here, Murray was not good. Poeltl wasn't much good at first. Then of course there were things like starting Forbes. Puke. And all the rest of it.

It was never DDR, it was the team. Still is. Not that the Spurs should have kept him. Time to move on, certainly. But any claim that DDR was the problem with the Spurs is definitely not true.

Preach.

I’m happy for the guy. Bull’s announcer calling him De-Marvelous. I think he’ll get AS nod. I’m just happy he’s not helping Fakers instead of Russ (terrible pick ). Then I would not be wishing his new team luck.
    Last edited by John B; 11-10-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is one of the best offensive players in the league ...

on defense ... well ... still better than forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at the boxscores. DeRozan may be the 4th best player behind Lavigne, Vucivic, and Lavar Ball. All three had better stats tonight and Anthony Caruso wasn't far behind

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His last ten games in 2018-19 were 16, 14, 19, 18, 31, 25, 19, 17, 25, 19, a drop of 6.1 PPG vs his hot early start that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

a game is bigger than a box score total
    Last edited by james evans; 11-11-2021 at 02:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs secure that first for derozan ,and can somehow flip thaddeus for another, ill give brian wright his credit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs secure that first for derozan ,and can somehow flip thaddeus for another, ill give brian wright his credit
    It’s turning to be a good trade for the Bulls. I think they would be top 4 in the East and might even be a dark horse for the ECF. Now that would really light up this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very unlikely that they could get a first as most contenders can't trade any. A couple of second rounders or a middling prospect is a more realistic return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DDR has always been empty calories... That's the issue... Advanced metrics and eye test has always shown it... Not to mention his collapses in big games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR has always been empty calories... That's the issue... Advanced metrics and eye test has always shown it... Not to mention his collapses in big games
    DDR was also an iso player and his dominant possession of the ball hindered the development of the younger players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s turning to be a good trade for the Bulls. I think they would be top 4 in the East and might even be a dark horse for the ECF. Now that would really light up this thread
    I thought they would be top 4 even without DDR... Vuc and Ball compliment Lavine very well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thaddeus has the highest BPM and WS/48 on the club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very unlikely that they could get a first as most contenders can't trade any. A couple of second rounders or a middling prospect is a more realistic return.
    Thad is ballin, and his advanced stats are on fire. He plays winning basketball, and some contender will notice, and cough up a first rounder for him. It doesn’t have to be this year or next. The pick we got from Chicago is in 2025, and Im totally fine with another puck that far out.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR was also an iso player and his dominant possession of the ball hindered the development of the younger players.
    Exactly. DDR’s style of play limited those around him to specific roles, standing around being a common one. I still like DDR, basically, and wonder how we could have utilized him better, but it’s not a complete coincidence that DDR’s exit, along with Patty, Rudy, and LMA, to be fair, has resulted in younger players expanding their games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young is beginning to show his value since he began getting some minutes with Poertle out. I expect him to continue to get some minutes when Poertle comes back or in rotation at PF. Not a spectacular player, but useful.

Thread Information