Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the real take away from the offseason. They didn't want to sign-and-trade because it would hard cap them. Instead they get Westbrook and may miss the playoffs.
    And sabotaged Lebron’s remaining years

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And sabotaged Lebron’s remaining years
    Self sabotage, really. Lebron is the one pushing it, obviously. Karma for all his bull playing GM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Self sabotage, really. Lebron is the one pushing it, obviously. Karma for all his bull playing GM.
    And Melo remaining ring-less

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup this is definitely a Lebron doing. reap what you sow

this is a hilarious quote by their coach.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Frank Vogel says the team still has a chance to turn its disappointing season around if Anthony Davis returns by the playoffs.
    "If [Anthony Davis] is able to come back and we catch the right matchup or catch a team at the right time and if we're able to catch fire at the right time, we're going to have a chance," Vogel told reporters Wednesday.

Thats very good coach. And if the Spurs are able to catch fire and shoot 100% from 3pter here on out, we'll have a chance to make the playoffs too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10696209[/URL]]yup this is definitely a Lebron doing. reap what you sow

this is a hilarious quote by their coach.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Frank Vogel says the team still has a chance to turn its disappointing season around if Anthony Davis returns by the playoffs.
    "If [Anthony Davis] is able to come back and we catch the right matchup or catch a team at the right time and if we're able to catch fire at the right time, we're going to have a chance," Vogel told reporters Wednesday.

Thats very good coach. And if the Spurs are able to catch fire and shoot 100% from 3pter here on out, we'll have a chance to make the playoffs too!
    Its more pathetic considering they have 4 of the 75 best NBA players on the same roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD has always been overrated and always been a possible Jeanie in a bottle type of player, where his peak would be very short, perhaps one playoff run short.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar was great for us and he is not significantly different this year in Chicago.
    The main change is that his usage rate is up from 26% last year to 31% this year while maintaining his efficiency.
    That is not surprising to me.

For the Spurs he was a really good scorer, above average as a finisher, he learned how to be an assist man with us, and his defense was poor.
    I see the same guy on the Bulls except he is putting up one more 3pointer per game, has a much better supporting cast, and a higher usage rate.

The biggest problem on the Spurs was the lack of 3 point shooting. You can't start DDR, DJM, White, and Poeltl and compete in a league that averages 35 3pt attempts a game.
    We either committed to an aging DDR and got rid of some of those other starters to put 3 pt shooting around him or we moved DDR and committed to the young guys.
    I think we made the right move.

I'm really happy to see DDR doing well. He was my favorite Spur after Manu retired.
    Well said. The Spurs simply failed to put a good enough supporting cast around Derozan to mask his deficiencies (defense and shooting on the wings) and highlight his strengths (shooting and a secondary creator who can also space the floor shoot ala Zach Lavine instead of DJM and Derrick). Derrick White falling off a cliff after his breakout 2018-2019 season didn’t help either, but maybe he was only that good cause DJM was out. They seemed to never mesh together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Derozan flat out choked at the end of the game last night. He also choked a lot with the Raptors in the playoffs. And with the Spurs. I don’t think that’s ever changing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Derozan flat out choked at the end of the game last night. He also choked a lot with the Raptors in the playoffs. And with the Spurs. I don’t think that’s ever changing.
    It's coming up towards the playoffs which is the time where you separate the pretenders from the contenders. I recall numerous players/PFs having some big games against TD early on each season Oct/Nov/Dec where he was just warming up a lot of the time those first couple of months, and they'd act like they were the after those performances, but then later in the season Mar/Apr/May/Jun, TD would waste all these guys when the pressure was higher and the stakes and games got bigger. Point of this is, I've been waiting for this time of year to see how Demar does. I don't put much stock into earlier in the season as I do from this point of the season onward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD has always been overrated and always been a possible Jeanie in a bottle type of player, where his peak would be very short, perhaps one playoff run short.
    He is a fragile, mental midget of a player that only rang because Lebron held his hand in the bubble. Cheapest way of winning a championship ring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. That string of much lauded Kentucky bigs (him, cousins, KAT) have really left a lot to be desired.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a fragile, mental midget of a player that only rang because Lebron held his hand in the bubble. Cheapest way of winning a championship ring.
    You obviously didn't watch, because Davis was the best player in the bubble, should have won Finals MVP and was at least as good as the inexplicably much more praised S bag the year prior and unlike him, he didn't need to rest 95 games the previous 2 seasons or play on the most complete team in the league.

I agree. That string of much lauded Kentucky bigs (him, cousins, KAT) have really left a lot to be desired.
    At blaming them for being on mostly bad teams.

Davis was a top 5 player, Cousins was a top 15 player and Towns is a top 15 player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You obviously didn't watch, because Davis was the best player in the bubble, should have won Finals MVP and was at least as good as the inexplicably much more praised S bag the year prior and unlike him, he didn't need to rest 95 games the previous 2 seasons or play on the most complete team in the league.

Davis was a top 5 player, Cousins was a top 15 player and Towns is a top 15 player.
    ^ I mean that’s kinda the point. Their teams remained largely bad their whole stint there. That’s on them as much (if not more) than the franchise. Life is so much easier once you ride LBJ.

They’re obviously good players, but media comparing Davis to Duncan and even KG is silly. KAT is simply a Beta, and Cousins, damn, what a waste. Doesn’t help that Davis is ALWAYS hurt for key stretches every damn year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We’re not turning this into a “he’s better than S bag” debate again. We know you hate Nephew. I only call Davis overrated because of the stupid comparisons to Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar on choke watch again against the Bucks. Two straight terrible decisions lead to missed shots, one of which the Bucks scored off on a fast break the other way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A Davis and Cousins did not amount much when they are on the same team. That team also consist of Holiday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I mean that’s kinda the point. Their teams remained largely bad their whole stint there. That’s on them as much (if not more) than the franchise. Life is so much easier once you ride LBJ.

They’re obviously good players, but media comparing Davis to Duncan and even KG is silly. KAT is simply a Beta, and Cousins, damn, what a waste. Doesn’t help that Davis is ALWAYS hurt for key stretches every damn year.
    That's nonsense.

Cousins never had a decent Kings team around him, though his volatility didn't exactly make him a galvanizing force.

The only two times Davis had a decent/healthy Pelicans teams around him, in '15 and '18, they made the playoffs and in the latter swept what was thought to be an equal opponent (Trail Blazers).

The only two times Towns has had the same with the Timberwolves, in '18 and '22, they made the playoffs/play-in.

Remember, Garnett, Irving, Davis, etc. weren't "winners" until they got a credible team around them and won.

We’re not turning this into a “he’s better than S bag” debate again. We know you hate Nephew. I only call Davis overrated because of the stupid comparisons to Duncan.
    And I know how much a large portion of this fan base has Stockholm syndrome with S bag and can't be objective about anything Lakers. Want to downplay James, complain about handpicked, supposedly stacked rosters. Want to downplay Davis, suddenly James is above reproach.

Bottom line is Davis was the best player in the '20 playoffs and won a championship with a non championship roster. I can only imagine the praise certain contemporaries would have received for doing the same.

A Davis and Cousins did not amount much when they are on the same team. That team also consist of Holiday.
    Results without context.

Cousins played 65 games as a Pelican across two seasons, '17-18. He arrived at the '17 deadline and they were too far back to make the playoffs. Then they made it with him suffering a season ending injury in '18, replacing him with Mirotic.
    Last edited by TD 21; 03-05-2022 at 11:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta admit, the Westbrook debacle is very satisfying to watch as an armchair GM. I think lots of us thought "why add a guy who can't shoot, doesn't get back on D, and needs the ball in his hands to put up stats that are getting emptier and emptier every year?" And we were right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA officially announced that DeMar DeRozan received Second Team honors tonight after his 5th All-Star-worthy campaign.

First Team:
    Devin Booker, Jayson Tatum Luka Doncic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Jokic

Second Team:
    Ja Morant, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, DeMar DeRozan, Joel Embiid

Third Team: Chris Paul, Trae Young, LeBron James, Pascal Siakam, Karl-Anthony Towns

DeRozan finished the year as the NBA’s 2nd-leading scorer in total points behind only Third Team member Trae Young. He averaged a career-high 27.9 points per game to go along with 5.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists. In his first season with the organization – where he appeared in the second-most games (76) behind only rookie Ayo Dosunmu (77) – DeRozan helped thrust the Bulls back into the playoffs for the first time since the 2016-17 campaign. The team’s 46 wins also marked the most since the 2014-15 season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for DeMar. He's a good guy and really underappreciated given his talent. He may not be a superstar, but he isn't the scrub that the NBA has tried to make him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for DeMar. He's a good guy and really underappreciated given his talent. He may not be a superstar, but he isn't the scrub that the NBA has tried to make him.
    He's not a scrub. He's also not a thoroughbred. He's a plow horse, and gets the job done most of the time.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he should also be in the all time playoff choking team. One of the all time greats when it comes to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar played at the wrong era. Had Demar played in the 90’s, he could be an playing MVP, tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool dude. 2nd team seems a little high, but definitely had a great season. If he's on your team you have to surround him with 3 and D at probably every position, and even then you probably won't make it out of the second round most years. But not bitter at him. It's not like he wanted to come to SA, but didn't disgrace himself like Nephew. Having said that, the DDR Era was probably the worse era in Spurs history outside the Walter Berry years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-...27mkq89d5dgwh4

During DeRozan’s appearance on JJ Re ’s podcast, TheOldMan&TheThree, the 33-year old explosive scoring guard revealed that he felt as if he was fading into obscurity during his three seasons in San Antonio, which, perhaps, is why he seemed determined to put himself back on the radar of the NBA’s elites with such an outstanding season.

“That took a toll, especially for something… every single year [with the Raptors], going to the conference finals, semifinals, competing, 50-plus (wins)… and all of a sudden, you don’t exist,” DeRozan added. “It was like, ‘Damn, what’s this? Hey, I’m here.’ That’s what I felt like. Granted, I had great games. I developed in a lot of great ways as a basketball player. But in the same token, I just felt non-existent, you know, for those years. It wasn’t like we was on TV, we weren’t competing. There was so much to it that just was a struggle.”

Thread Information