Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Tank and add picks.
    2. Repeat 1
    1. Tank and add picks.
    2. Don't pick second rounders with lottery picks.
    3. Repeat 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We did what we had to do and this marks the first time we can truly move on and rebuild from the mess Load Management left us with. However, make no mistake, we didn't receive Thad Young today. We got Thad Old.
    We got an expiring contact(s) Thad and Aminu which could be assets at the trade deadline. We won.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What "culture" are you rambling about?! That culture left with Manu, Tony, Tim and to a far, far lesser degree Patty Mills.

The team isn't going to be winning and isn't in a "glamour" market, yes, and that means they'll need to build through the draft and trades.
    You know exactly what I'm talking about, apologist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk trolls: WHY ARE WE WINNING GAMES!? WE NEED TO TANK AND REBUILD AND FOCUS ON OUR YOUNG TALENT

Also SpursTalk trolls: WHY THE ARE WE TRADING FOR THESE SHORT CONTRACTS AND PICKS!? WHY DIDN'T WE SIGN JOHN COLLINS AND BRING BACK TIM DUNCAN??

DeMar gone. Mills gone. Gay gone. Lyles gone.

This isn't my favorite offseason, but everybody who has been clamoring for a rebuild should be happy right now. You all got what you wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be so funny to be assuming a tank job coming into the season, only for Pop to finally find his coaching fire again and coach the team into a play-in spot

Agree on the take wholeheartedly, I too want to know the protections on the pick, but it's hilariously hair-splitting to make that the make-or-break aspect of a trade that single-handedly gives the Spurs a direction for the first time in 3 years....
    This is the kind of team Pop will actually love coaching. There's not a single guy on this roster who's ass Pop won't hesitate to kick. No more coddling, no more protecting egos.

From that perspective, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how the "Misfit Crew" performs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s as if people don’t realize that Collins would actually have to want to come here before any offer is even tendered.

This forum seems to believe that a player is obtainable based solely on the ability to afford him. You people cannot be this shortsighted. I get the disappointment but seriously… the argument that we shoulda got Collins isn’t really an argument at all.
    Plus giving that guy a max when you don't know his personality and team fit would be incredibly stupid. A ton of morons on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    max is relative

the "max" collins is eligible for isn't bad at all in today's market

this demar trade is fine in a vacuum. he was a free agent, not an expiring deal. nice to squeeze some value out of him. i just hate that it seemingly takes us out of the collins sweepstakes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's the addition from subtraction group. In all honesty, our offense is going to be hard to. Watch. Can we not go after sexton?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at those ing about this trade. The alternative was DeMar walking for nothing…

The fact that we found a team willing to give us a future first round pick for him is big. Thad Young is a serviceable wing on an expiring contract who could be worth an asset at the trade deadline. Spurs also got rid of a guy who was holding back our young players from developing.

Now we can properly tank next season while letting our young guys take their lumps and bruises and learning in the process.

This is a W for this organization that has been taking nothing but L’s lately.
    The alternative was letting DDR go and using your 28M for a better player or absorbing other deals for a better pick that isn’t both top 10 protected and 4 years away lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk trolls: WHY ARE WE WINNING GAMES!? WE NEED TO TANK AND REBUILD AND FOCUS ON OUR YOUNG TALENT

Also SpursTalk trolls: WHY THE ARE WE TRADING FOR THESE SHORT CONTRACTS AND PICKS!? WHY DIDN'T WE SIGN JOHN COLLINS AND BRING BACK TIM DUNCAN??

This isn't my favorite offseason, but everybody who has been clamoring for a rebuild should be happy right now. You all got what you wanted.
    Forgot to include the ty white stiff signings, but otherwise I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forgot to include the ty white stiff signings, but otherwise I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs make a Presti type deal and ST hates it

If John Collins is a no go and re-signing with Hawks then this is a very decent deal tbh. Thad Young is a very good player and they might be able to flip him to a contender for something. Aminu is beyond , wouldn't surprise me if he's waived.

Still wonder about that Zach Collins deal though, that was awkward, hopefully a good portion of it is unguaranteed. Can't image he's had any leverage.
    Collins makes way more sense than Doug. Collins is at least young lol. Spurs obviously prioritized youth (Doug is 29 and a defender) and cap space next year (Doug is a 3 year deal 14M per). Literally makes no sense now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ESPN Stats & Info
    @ESPNStatsInfo

1m
    Headed to the Spurs in the DeMar DeRozan deal is Thaddeus Young. Reminder: Young and LeBron James are the only players in NBA history to play 1,000 career games and average 13 points per game, 5.9 rebounds per game, 1.4 steals per game, 50% on field goals and 30% on 3-pointers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love this usage of max level cap space ... but I'm somewhat happy, all things considered.

-Did not want DeRozan back

-I didn't want Lauri after getting McDermott. That's too much bad defense

-A first round pick from the Bulls? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. (As long as the protections are reasonable. Preferably only top 3/4 protected)

-Thad Young is quietly really damn good. Can't shoot so he's an iffy fit but he's actually good. The Spurs should be able to flip him for an asset at some point before the trade deadline.

-Aminu is a broken down nothing but he shouldn't get in the way

-The Spurs didn't have a second round pick in 2022 so getting a couple is nice

-No more DeRozan! Or Mills! (Sorry, Patty, but it done been time.)

Big-picture, I don't love using future cap space on McDermott but assuming Zollins has unguaranteed second and third seasons, I'm happy-ish.

On the spectrum of how good or bad this offseason could have gone, this is definitely closer to the good than the bad.
    Freaking top 10 protection man. Nasty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freaking top 10 protection man. Nasty.
    What does it turn into if it ends up top 10?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins makes way more sense than Doug. Collins is at least young lol. Spurs obviously prioritized youth (Doug is 29 and a defender) and cap space next year (Doug is a 3 year deal 14M per). Literally makes no sense now.

They can trade him easily, spurs will have cap space next year and they can do a lot things with their roster. Barring the fit because McDermott fits more with a contender i don't understand your thing.
    Collins wants a max, looks like he is not interested by the spurs and that we don't want to give him a max. That's fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wrong should try to flip Young and Aminu for another 1st. Then we’re talking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's the addition from subtraction group. In all honesty, our offense is going to be hard to. Watch. Can we not go after sexton?
    We’re here and we’re all celebrating. The offense will be more free flowing. Defense will improve remarkably

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re here and we’re all celebrating. The offense will be more free flowing. Defense will improve remarkably

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have had an extra 20+ million in space next year and the year after but it's locked up in McDermott and Disabled Player Exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in terms of strictly value judging this on a Presti draft pick heist, this trade is nothing to write home about.

But ........................... when you compare this to scenarios where the Spurs "do right" by their vets and re-signed DeRozan and Mills at 5:01 or other dumb moves like Jarrett Allen $100 million or Duncan Robinson $90 or whatever, the summer is somewhat successful.

It's sadly a low bar at this point but I can easily live with what they did. I'd still rather have cap space than the haul they ended up with but, meh, worst fears not realized.
    But they directly conflicted with future cap space like this DDR trade by signing Doug. On top of that, what has doing right by players gotten SA? Not jack sh*t. They need to cut that sh*t out and do something good for once for the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ESPN Stats & Info
    @ESPNStatsInfo

1m
    Headed to the Spurs in the DeMar DeRozan deal is Thaddeus Young. Reminder: Young and LeBron James are the only players in NBA history to play 1,000 career games and average 13 points per game, 5.9 rebounds per game, 1.4 steals per game, 50% on field goals and 30% on 3-pointers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just one more subtraction from the team and I'll be in heaven, Dexy. prayingdog.jpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Thad Young. A bit of a funky fit on the current Spurs, but who cares. He's smart enough to find his role. He's a way better player than given credit for.
    But we need to bottom out. The biggest issue has been lack of direction and being bad enough for crappy picks but not a playoff team….Spurs have 50M and now? Same exact spot likely if Thad/Doug get a bunch of minutes.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this is like winning a championship.

savor this boys.

Thread Information