Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making his 5th #NBAAllStar appearance... DeMar DeRozan of the chicagobulls.

Drafted as the 9th pick in 2009 out of USC, Demar_DeRozan is averaging 26.4 PPG, 5.0 RPG and 4.8 APG for the Bulls this season.

https://twitter.com/nbaallstar/statu...204188675?s=21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woah derozan getting starter votes that’s something would never saw coming after his 3 years here. Though somehow Wiggins is a west starter so it shows you how fickle fan voting is. Wiggins was the guy we were terrified of Spurs acquiring last summer giving up a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woah derozan getting starter votes that’s something would never saw coming after his 3 years here. Though somehow Wiggins is a west starter so it shows you how fickle fan voting is. Wiggins was the guy we were terrified of Spurs acquiring last summer giving up a pick.
    Wiggins is fool’s gold, just like Draymond. They’re drafting off of the gravity of Curry. Remember how useless Draymond was when Curry was out? Not an All Star. Not an All NBA player. Wiggins is still Wiggins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is fool’s gold, just like Draymond. They’re drafting off of the gravity of Curry. Remember how useless Draymond was when Curry was out? Not an All Star. Not an All NBA player. Wiggins is still Wiggins.
    Wiggins will get no All NBA votes. All Star starter voting is meaningless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins will get no All NBA votes. All Star starter voting is meaningless.
    The All NBA reference was to the several sham appearances by Draymond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a valid point. And should be applied to derozan when he has Lavigne, Ball, Vucevic and Caruso in his orbit, in my not so humble nor objective opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not advocating for Wiggins as an AS starter but he is having another solid season. That contract is still an over pay but c’mon man this isn't the same player from a few years back in Minny. He is playing really good basketball on BOTH sides of the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not advocating for Wiggins as an AS starter but he is having another solid season. That contract is still an over pay but c’mon man this isn't the same player from a few years back in Minny. He is playing really good basketball on BOTH sides of the ball.
    …and if you put him back on Minny, he’d revert to the same player.

That’s how good Curry is. He generates massive amounts of gravity. Teams literally have to pick him up at half court, spreading their defense out, generating open shots for other players. Add Klay to the mix, and no defender is probably within 6-7 feet of Wiggins on any given play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    …and if you put him back on Minny, he’d revert to the same player.

That’s how good Curry is. He generates massive amounts of gravity. Teams literally have to pick him up at half court, spreading their defense out, generating open shots for other players. Add Klay to the mix, and no defender is probably within 6-7 feet of Wiggins on any given play.
    I’m sure playing with Curry makes things easier. Doesn’t take away from how well he is playing in the defensive end guarding the opposing teams best wings every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a clinic he just put on the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a clinic he just put on the Spurs.
    Boy did he! We’ll get the last laugh though We need a big Sf & Pf…..I trust Patfo recognizes this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shat on the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade looking worse and worse by the hour. Trading an mvp candidate for amineww,thad and a protected pick in like 6 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade looking worse and worse by the hour. Trading an mvp candidate for amineww,thad and a protected pick in like 6 years
    that, I'm glad that gang banger is gone.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The alternative was losing him for nothing. They basically got back two first round picks for a guy who was going to leave anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was leaving anyway, dip .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The alternative was losing him for nothing. They basically got back two first round picks for a guy who was going to leave anyways.
    Or they could’ve signed him back. But it’s clearly the PATFO was moving forward with the rebuild. Also I doubt DJM would be having an AS season sharing the facilitator responsibilities with Demar, likewise scoring, the same reason I think the rationale on moving Derrick, finally defining the PG role, and likewise giving Derrick the opportunity for Derrick to thrive as a facilitator elsewhere.

I’m happy for Demar and I really think he’s deserving for the MVP consideration, but rebuilding is the way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or they could’ve signed him back. But it’s clearly the PATFO was moving forward with the rebuild. Also I doubt DJM would be having an AS season sharing the facilitator responsibilities with Demar, likewise scoring, the same reason I think the rationale on moving Derrick, finally defining the PG role, and likewise giving Derrick the opportunity for Derrick to thrive as a facilitator elsewhere.

I’m happy for Demar and I really think he’s deserving for the MVP consideration, but rebuilding is the way to go.
    Didn’t sound like he had any interest coming back. We would have had to give him absolute max money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we had kept demar we would have been a playoff team for the next few seasons but no hope of getting to the finals. we would also have very little cap space and much little to no draft capital. on top of that, younger players would have been relegated to garbage time minutes as a result and DJ would not have made the climb to being the alpha of this team. the move still makes sense and we at least got something for him. i'm happy for demar but i will really judge him by how he performs in the playoffs as that where demar's greatness will ultimately be judged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DD is alot better than people give credit for. He seemed well liked by his teammates. And I think he got better from being in SA. Not surprised at all that he is excelling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edgelords gonna edge…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we had kept demar we would have been a playoff team for the next few seasons but no hope of getting to the finals. we would also have very little cap space and much little to no draft capital. on top of that, younger players would have been relegated to garbage time minutes as a result and DJ would not have made the climb to being the alpha of this team. the move still makes sense and we at least got something for him. i'm happy for demar but i will really judge him by how he performs in the playoffs as that where demar's greatness will ultimately be judged.
    Why do you think we’d be a playoff team? We haven’t for the last two years with him on the roster? Dejounte doesn't make the leap in stats if DD is still dominating the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy the Spurs moved on and happy that DeRozan found a home where he's thriving, but the MVP chatter is nothing more than public relations. The guy's having a nice year but no serious basketball person thinks for a moment that he's in the Jokic/Giannis/Steph/Embiid stratosphere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are Spurs fans still discussing this? Even if DeRozan was an MVP type of player, the roster does not fit him. To maximize DeRozan you need to play him with 4 3-point shooters and good perimeter defenders. Poeltl is not a 3-point shooter. DJ and White aren't exactly snipers. Keldon and McDermott are, but can't guard a chair. This was better for both sides. It was a good trade. Now on to the draft

Thread Information