Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that he has quick hands. He is definitely more comfortable with his release mid range. Takes his time on 3pt attempts to set and release.
    He puts the effort in on defense.
    His P&R ability is promising. He adjusts well mid air well to finish above the rim. Hustles in transition.
    I like that he doesn't take forever with the ball in his hands in the post. Has decent court awareness and vision locating teammates when passing out.

Looks like a solid signing for someone coming 1st off the bench for the frontcourt and potentially challenging for a starting position mid season if he plays up to potential. Regardless a 2 year deal on a position of need. Not bad.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what everyone else was watching but this was not a good game for Landale. He should be fine for the Spurs but last night he was getting his shot blocked, throwing up weak shot attempts (except for the dunks) and turning the ball over. My first thought was that he was all talk and no walk.
    the opponent was also team usa and not everyone in those situations can be FIBA Patty (tm)

i was watching him more like it was a scrimmage, how big is he, how quick is he, athleticism, hands, feet, etc. looked pretty good to me. not doncic but pretty good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked his game in general. A couple of nice flip shots in the lane, a couple of dunks rolling to the basket. I thought he moved pretty well without the ball, played decent help defense, disrupted some of the U.S.'s shots. He was missing free throws, his long range shot wasn't falling, and in general looked a little nervous playing against the USA and probably in front of his new coach, but overall I was pretty impressed. I'm pretty happy we signed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offensive arsenal is great. 3-point range, midrange shots, good freethrow shooter, reliable hook shot, throws it down with authority, good roller, good passer out of the pick & roll, good footwork, can pick & pop, good touch around the rim, good post player especially against mismatches and very physical. Defense is where we have to see what it’s like, but he seems mobile enough to not be a liability. Him being a good passer out of the pick & roll might bring the most value. We haven’t really had a player like this since 2016. That was one of the key things of the beautiful game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big note is his ability to switch on PNR. I think he did a great job on moving his feet. Seriously, Poeltl should be working on his game right now because this guy is about to take his spot. But either way, if Pop plays him at PF, Keldon at SF and Poeltl at C, Derrick and DJ, Spurs would be a heck of a defensive team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a Jak supporter but the one thing that drives me nuts about his game is the infrequency of him dunking the damn ball. Too many lay up attempts that roll off. Jock doesn't appear to have that shortcoming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop told Jock to relax during the game as part of their agreement for him to join the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop told Jock to relax during the game as part of their agreement for him to join the spurs
    Yep by “smart”, he meant he was smart to relax the game or else he would receive no playing time next season.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn good signing on Jock's part, he's on track to get overpaid by Detroit in 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn good signing on Jock's part, he's on track to get overpaid by Detroit in 2023.
    Wow, 9/10 on the clever scale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rare to see the consensus on a signing or incoming player so positive here. everyone who watches this guy seems to see similar good things in his effort and skillset.

we'll see if things change for him in the NBA but I think he has a very promising future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kieran Pender @KieranPender
    1h
    Tonight, the Boomers have their 5th attempt at Olympic bronze. On the prior 4 occasions, they have fallen short. Coach Goorjian spoke eloquently about his team overcoming past demons. Jock Landale put it more simply: 'We can ing make history' theguardian.com/sport/2021/aug…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final
    1 2 3 4 T
    SLO 19 26 22 26 93
    AUS 20 33 25 29 107

Australia

Starters MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    N. KayF -- 2-3 2-3 0-0 2 3 5 1 4 1 0 3 0 6
    J. InglesF -- 6-12 4-10 0-0 1 8 9 4 0 0 3 1 0 16
    J. LandaleC -- 6-8 0-0 2-3 0 2 2 1 0 0 1 3 0 14
    M. ThybulleG -- 5-6 0-1 1-3 3 2 5 4 3 1 1 1 0 11
    P. MillsG -- 15-31 4-15 8-10 0 3 3 9 1 0 2 2 0 42
    Bench MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    C. GouldingG -- 2-5 2-5 0-0 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 6
    D. ExumG -- 4-5 2-3 2-2 1 0 1 2 0 0 2 4 0 12
    N. SobeyG -- 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0
    M. DellavedovaG -- 0-2 0-1 0-0 0 2 2 2 0 0 1 1 0 0
    A. BaynesF Did not play
    D. ReathC Did not play
    J. GreenG Did not play
    TEAM 40-72 14-38 13-18 8 24 32 24 8 2 11 17 107
    55.6% 36.8% 72.2%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little Champ MVPatty brilliant.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patty mills :o

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations Patty. You will be missed. I truly wanted Patty to be back (albeit in limited minutes). But as Pop truly said it, he’s in a better situation. Much deserved. And thank you for handing that punk Doncic the lost. Maybe it will humble him a little.

Congratulations Jock! Welcome to the Spurs family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think he could be a great positive influence to Big Ben Simmons. The guy spells like Manu and Patty as a great team mate who will battle with you. Great character guy. I hope Simmons cooperate more with the Sixers organization and request to be traded to the Spurs to play with Jock. I think they could be great together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big time Conrgats to Patty!

Gonna miss him, but it needed to happen. Hope he remains part of the San Antonio family though!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud of patty, and glad to have Jock on board to continue representing the aussie spirit in San Antonio.

Little known fact, Matt Nielson, head coach of Austin Spurs is also from the 2004-2012 Australian team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big time Conrgats to Patty!

Gonna miss him, but it needed to happen. Hope he remains part of the San Antonio family though!
    His jersey will be in the rafters some day. People will argue about whether it's deserved or not....but if we retired AJ, Elliott, Bowen, etc, then Mills definitely meets the qualifications. 10 years with the team, great leader in the locker room, and a huge part of the 2014 championship

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get ur butt to Vegas n suit up Jock!

Thread Information