Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=offset formation;10655232]Then praised his play, post-game. At least I didn't see anywhere in Pop's comments that he was earning more playing time. That is the kiss of death and stuff of career enders with the Spurs.[/QUOTE

with thad in the doghouse it should provide an opportunity. Unless pop continues to over rely on ewwbanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy cuz as soon as he came in the floor got wide open for our small guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=slick'81;10655261]
    Then praised his play, post-game. At least I didn't see anywhere in Pop's comments that he was earning more playing time. That is the kiss of death and stuff of career enders with the Spurs.[/QUOTE

with thad in the doghouse it should provide an opportunity. Unless pop continues to over rely on ewwbanks
    I like Eubanks but only at 10-12mins a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=jermaine;10655285]

I like Eubanks but only at 10-12mins a game.
    I like his aggression over Poeltl. I dont like either Eubanks or Poeltl offensively tho both do decently on the PnR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=offset formation;10655288]

I like his aggression over Poeltl. I dont like either Eubanks or Poeltl offensively tho both do decently on the PnR.
    Facts. I love Jock over both of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we’ll see more of Landale as the season progresses. Landale knows the game as per Pop’s interview, like Tony and Manu coming in from international games. Landale’s stint at Austin is to get him more in game-shape and the speed of NBA players, and I think Landale has shown enough to make Pop test him against the Jazz in meaningful minutes, and I think Landale responded very well. He has been patient instead of whining over it. He’s shown great at ude, doing everything he’s told, and ready to play when his number was called. I suspect we’ll see more of him going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we’ll see more of Landale as the season progresses. Landale knows the game as per Pop’s interview, like Tony and Manu coming in from international games. Landale’s stint at Austin is to get him more in game-shape and the speed of NBA players, and I think Landale has shown enough to make Pop test him against the Jazz in meaningful minutes, and I think Landale responded very well. He has been patient instead of whining over it. He’s shown great at ude, doing everything he’s told, and ready to play when his number was called. I suspect we’ll see more of him going forward.
    in other words: He’s over himself now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm definitely ming tonight... I see Jock early

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Purtel getting murdered an Pop don't put Jock in why exactly!?! Cuz he made a defensive mistake? The kings picked on Purtel an he doesn't spread the floor worth a damn. Stevie Wonder can see how Jock spreads the floor an the lanes open up for everyone.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Purtel getting murdered an Pop don't put Jock in why exactly!?! Cuz he made a defensive mistake? The kings picked on Purtel an he doesn't spread the floor worth a damn. Stevie Wonder can see how Jock spreads the floor an the lanes open up for everyone.
    At least you busted a nut. Landale is not the saviour. Damion Jones >>>> Jock Landale. Think about that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly what was on my mind at the game earlier. Pop even put Jones on Haliburton in the 4th. It was over when Haliburton went to work on Jones and Jakob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was sad. It's time for Pop to go. If you're gonna get beat cuz Jock makes a mistake, at least he spreads the floor. It's clear Purtel & Eubanks can give us much of anything. An they're getting beat on defense. What's the difference if Jock gets beat!?! I don't think Jock is the savior, I just think he opens the floor an give driving lanes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Jock have the defensive skills to play some PF. When we play teams with two legit big men at the C and PF positions, all we got is one big (Drew or Poertle) and a slew of undersized players giving away inches and pounds. Since he likes to play outside on offense, does he have the speed to defend some big men out there as well????? Speculating because I haven't seen enough of him in games to tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Jock have the defensive skills to play some PF. When we play teams with two legit big men at the C and PF positions, all we got is one big (Drew or Poertle) and a slew of undersized players giving away inches and pounds. Since he likes to play outside on offense, does he have the speed to defend some big men out there as well????? Speculating because I haven't seen enough of him in games to tell.
    I don't think so.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to slow on defense to play the 4 unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least you busted a nut. Landale is not the saviour. Damion Jones >>>> Jock Landale. Think about that.
    Does that mean Jones > Poeltl too, then? Should I let that stew in my noodle too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to slow on defense to play the 4 unfortunately.
    yeah he has zero lateral movement. But at least he stretches the floor and is a decent defender of the 5. He just can't stay with any switches beyond the 5 really which kinda makes him unplayable, I'm sad to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does that mean Jones > Poeltl too, then? Should I let that stew in my noodle too?
    nah, just Pop < any other coach in the NBA pretty much, at least in regards to gameplan & X and O's.

You can have the best tools and be at every job you do, if you don't utilize them correctly. And last night... Was a tragedy for tools around the world.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going back to Drew in the 2nd half wasnt the solution however. Jock's1st half play was good enough.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best game so far. His impact cant be ignored. Threes, rebounding and stout defense. Yet to be used in the post which is his strength.

The big question how will grandpa progress from here in regards to his role.

My prediction. He will soon forget and drew will be ahead of him in the rotation. Not enough to be ingrained in pops mind.

I hope im wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-2 on treys.

How long until freedom from Grandpas hindrance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until Landale is starting to get Pop’s trust. Obviously Spurs are better with him on the court, as he stretches the floor and his motor. As I’ve said I think we’ll start seeing more and more. Also I think they’ve decided to not play Thad anymore. Obviously the guy did not appreciate the minutes Pop tried to play him and whine about his minutes, when I thought he understood where Spurs are in rebuilding mode playing and developing the young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing is, will Zollins steal his minutes just when we think he's about to earn more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing is, will Zollins steal his minutes just when we think he's about to earn more?
    Zollins can play PF. Should be able to play with Landale. How's Zach's 3? Can he space the floor like Landale?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very unlikely after his 50 foot surgeries.

Thread Information