Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frobes is back playing for The San Antonio Spurs... Get over it! Geez.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get over your "Get Over It! Geez"...Geez. 3 separate threads with this schtick

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frobes is back playing for The San Antonio Spurs... Get over it! Geez.
    it still hurts! Geez!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Welp, at least he’s not starting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that means it's pretty much a three-way compe ion among Walker, Vassell and McD as the starters. Walker should get the first shot, since the SL needs the offense he could bring. But if he doesn't cut it, or the other guys score enough, Vassell and his defensive potential might make more sense. McD should be on the bench with Young, as they make a good combo. But he and Keldon also fit together as well, and the SL needs shooting in addition to just offense. Plus Forbes and Doug and potentially Walker as a bench unit screams all-time bad defense. I'd feel better size-wise if someone at least McDermott's size was on the court.

Thad's obviously a dark horse, but that spacing would be abysmal. Then again, Pop kept playing with Cun as a starter, and I don't know that Young can't be better than him offensively.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that means it's pretty much a three-way compe ion among Walker, Vassell and McD as the starters. Walker should get the first shot, since the SL needs the offense he could bring. But if he doesn't cut it, or the other guys score enough, Vassell and his defensive potential might make more sense. McD should be on the bench with Young, as they make a good combo. But he and Keldon also fit together as well, and the SL needs shooting in addition to just offense. Plus Forbes and Doug and potentially Walker as a bench unit screams all-time bad defense. I'd feel better size-wise if someone at least McDermott's size was on the court.

Thad's obviously a dark horse, but that spacing would be abysmal. Then again, Pop kept playing with Cun as a starter, and I don't know that Young can't be better than him offensively.
    Yup, having two of McD/Walker/Forbes on the court puts a ceiling of "mediocre" on the defense, and all three would be a disaster. One that could have been avoided by just not signing Forbes.

I wouldn't worry about Young in a Cunningham role though. At that time Pop was still trying to win, now the emphasis is on development of the young players. The vets on this team are now role players instead of primary options, so I expect a big shift in the usage rate pecking order compared to the last few seasons. Starting Young and Poeltl (along with Murray) would also really hurt spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what y'all are hinting at in starting the younger players who've been here mutilple years. I'd like Vassell to get the 5th starting slot. Murray, White, and Johnson are locks to start and I'd suppose Poetle will by default. Walker is the 6th man with McD and Young rounding out the 8 man depth.

Forbes unfortunately is #9 and will get minutes every game. The interesting spot is who coach places as the 10th player. Will be shuffle that throughout the rest of the roster from the beginning or settle on a guy (Jones, Samanic, Londale) in the opening stretch.

I'm dismissing Aminu and Eubanks altogether. Don't think either can or should play 10+ mins on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Doug McBuckets has to start, he’ll provide spacing plus IQ to the starting lineup that’ll help DJ, DWhite, and Keldon

Lonnie needs to be the man/focal point on the bench, surround him with Devin, Bryn, Thad, and Tre Jones

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If McDermott starts, the trickle down effect is one of Vassell or Walker IV likely playing limited minutes with a full squad, since either Murray or White will run backup point and Forbes is assured minutes.

If Vassell or Walker IV start, the trickle down effect is Johnson has to exclusively defend fours, which means White has to continue to defend up a weight class.

If Young starts, the virtually non existent spacing would remain intact, only with far worse shot creation sans DeRozan.

Expect McDermott to get the nod, with Vassell a possibility at some point. Also look for them to play Young at the backup five as much as feasible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McBuckets will most likely start but I am hoping (against hope) that Luka Samanic gets a chance to show his wares later in the season. He has shown enough flashes to inspire some hope that he could play the stretch-4 plus good defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to this being a fixture on every game Forbes plays

Just getting confirmation that he won't be starting was the best Spurs-related news in weeks tbh

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if NBA.com would let you get away with this.

Last edited by Seventyniner; 09-29-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to this being a fixture on every game Forbes plays

Just getting confirmation that he won't be starting was the best Spurs-related news in weeks tbh
    This .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PRAISE GOD!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bryn Forbes - Champion & 6th man of the year!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now he makes sense coming from the bench. I think Bryn is a soldier who works hard. It wasn’t his fault that they played him starter minutes. I’d still prefer Mills, but again Bryn’s age make more sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if NBA.com would let you get away with this.

That is awesome!

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.
    Awesome are Fiesta jerseys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.
    Awesome are Fiesta jerseys.
    If it's a number 7 jersey with the word "Fvck!" on the back, it's awesome. Fiesta Jersey would be even more fvcking awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Forbes is on the court we'll still have four other players we can enthusiastically enjoy watching. Last stint Forbes shared the court with DeRozan, Belinelli a lot of the times so it was double the misery.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH I'm glad to have Forbes back with the knowledge that Pop knows the focal points and the youth will be given a shot. The idea of him starting or coming in with an assumed large role was nauseating to say the least. But having someone who knows the system and who is at the very least gonna come to work and push everyone; in that sense it's a good thing. Championship experience or not he is a champion and was a solid contributor until he needed to be taken out. Got to give the guy his due. It's not like he was someone who rode the pine for a year and got an easy ring like Gerard King or something... I think his presence will only help the team as long as his game presence doesn't effect the outcome in a negative way. He is a very useful player as a fringe rotation player in a way that Steve Kerr use to be.

Not gonna lie, haven't been this excited about a Spurs team since we signed LMA. Plan on investing in some Att... I think this team may be a surprise team in the league and I have really high expectations from Primo... I think he could be really special and in the mold of the Kobes and MJs of the world. He's got that same kind of focus and passion... And his form isn't there yet but if he could perfect it, I think he could have a very polished game. IMO he can do everything like Kobe and MJ could, but I think he needs to be a shooting guard. Getting reps at point isn't gonna affect that. He is special IMO; very special. As of now I think Keldon and him are future All Stars. Lonnie needs to find his niche already; I mean he's a slasher/shooter type but it hasn't been mastered. I don't know how he fits long term. He's starting to look like that odd man out, but his ceiling is a highly combustible scorer so he just needs to be very aggressive while playing smart. Dejounte would make a great 3rd piece. DWhite in a Ginobili role would be perfect. And if Vassell could be some sort of Ariza in his prime type player I think he would be fine. I think he has elite role player potential as a glue guy, defender and spot up shooter.

Ideally I see a Primo led attack followed by KJ and then Dejounte. White can lead the bench as he is at his best facilitating the rock. I think Poetl would be better with him as they work really well together but Jock may be second there.

I find Jock's skillset very tantalizing. I mean if he was a rookie with that skillset and he was at a top program he would be a lottery pick IMO. He can pick and roll, and pick and pop, and is a great finisher. His shot doesn't look modern in the aspect of just shooting to shoot. He has a pure form. I'd love to see him with the starters. I think he would fit very well there and you can squeeze another shooter in.

For me this is what I'd like to see;

Starters; DJ, Primo, KJ, Doug, Jock
    DJ, Lonnie, KJ, Doug, Jock

Most likely IMO; DJ, Lonnie, Devin, KJ, Poetl

I think this team will really struggle with spacing unless two can be close to knockdown shooters. But defensively they would be very tenacious and I'd assume start the game like that and help build the mentality and set the tone.

To me the odd guys out are Devin and Poetl because. Especially Jak; he's just been so soft in the middle. I think a tough Aussie like Jock could really push him and light a fire, so I think he will have a great year cause he has to. As for Devin, I know his Defense is great and if he is a knockdown shooter, then yeah replace him with Doug, but Doug a vet and has offense in himself with his movement. I don't know how mobile Jock is and if the focus is rebuilding the D then yeah that might not work but... as far as matching skill sets I think it is very balanced and he won't be expected to do much. It would quite literally be the same reason why Pop gave so much burn to Trey Lyles...

As for the Bench I'd like to see;

DW, Lonnie, Devin, Thad, and Poetl - Solid defense, plenty of scoring and vet leadership. Could be one of the best benches in the league IMO.
    DW, Primo, Devin, Thad, and Poetl - Gives the kid a chance to earn his stripes before starting and lets Lonnie control his fate.

Most Likely;
    DW, Bryn, Primo, Doug, Thad - Lacking on D with doubled the weak links, offensively could be explosive and give a spark you typically want from the bench, could be very compe ive or go sideways fast.
    Last edited by raybies; 10-01-2021 at 02:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ King of the Sniffers is back and ready to lick some Poop ass.

Bryn Forbes. All my homies hate that POS.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL did so well in that role he got benched for the corpse of Jeff Teague's career.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Forbes is on the court we'll still have four other players we can enthusiastically enjoy watching. Last stint Forbes shared the court with DeRozan, Belinelli a lot of the times so it was double the misery.
    Not if McDermott is out there too tbh

Thread Information