Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was all Timmy, as if we didn’t know that already.
    It's becoming more and more prevalent as time passes too. Pop is washed up and has been for some time now even in the last couple years of Tim Duncan's career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And people wonder why Kawhi jumped ship from this show.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes was the worst defender in the league in San Antonio. Went to Milwaukee and still the worst defender in the league.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...layer-ratings/

Sort by defense and see Forbes is 250th out of 250. No hyperbole here. He's literally the worst defender in the league.
    With Lonnie tied at second worst. Oof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the details been released yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How I still feel about this 1 day in...

updated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Men, the goal here is to lose more than 60 games next season.
    The problem is that is our goal. It may not be the FO goal. 10th seed, 34 wins.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still feel the same today too

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    still no details? i’m guessing 2 years / $10 million…

No Limit For Life NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that is our goal. It may not be the FO goal. 10th seed, 34 wins.
    We don’t have to sell season tix and advertising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn opted out of 2.4 million with the Bucks. So, what do you think the Spurs are paying him?
    Have the details been released yet?
    It's hard to imagine it's any significant amount. Maybe I'm wrong, but don't think he's going to be a major contributor minute wise.

I'm finding the amount vitriol with this signing quite humorous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, damn. It's not every day that I wake up to 5 mentions on here, and it's usually bad news... I also got a notification last night, was like "the is my phone letting me know what this dip is up to, still?! GTFO..." and paid it no mind. Innocent of me

Everything about this has pretty much been said already, so I'll just quote some amusing things mostly. My god.

Where are Sugus and Mr. Body when you need them? It'd be nice if they came in this thread and started on a " timvp you were wrong about future Hall of Famer Jakob Poeltl and you're wrong about Bryn Forbes -- when you can get a knockdown shooter in today's NBA, you do it and ask questions later -- Forbes is a certified sniper just like Poeltl is a certified HoF who outplayed the entire value of his contract after one game last season" diatribe. There'd be some comfort in possibly thinking I might be wrong about Forbes, tbh.
    Lmao RJ, you ain't gonna be so lucky this time. Absolutely no realm where this is a good move. You were wrong about Jak's contract but you're not gonna be so (un)lucky on this one... The first impression is every bit as correct as the second, and third, and so on. I actually think this move is telling that the Spurs have something else up their sleeve.... And I'm not confident in the slightest about what that could be. If you're so desperate for shooting so as to sign Forbes, it can't be good. I'd loathe Simmons on this Spurs team, and I'm really, really, really hoping my gut is wrong on this and Morey keeps him in Philly another season. Or wherever, anywhere, but SanAn...

You cleary don't want to be taken seriously as a basketball writer. You were wrong about Jakob and you are still ignoring the fact that he played up to his contract or even outplayed it. Nobody talked Poeltl into being a HOF, but he's a borderline starter and gets paid for it. I mean I understand your frustation, but there's no need to act like a fool.
    I wouldn't be so harsh on RJ's writings, I like them, but you do have a point. It's what I hate about the hyperbolic nature of ST - I too never argued Poeltl as some championship-calibre C. He's just a solid player, who I think is definitely exceeding his contract potential, and is very underrated on this board due to his lack of offensive game. I wish every one of the FO's moves were as good as Jakob's contract...

Holy this is what i wake up to?

Just waiting for the doctoral thesis from Sugus explaining how amazing this is
    Bad read on how I roll regarding the FO. I don't give a about blindly defending people I don't know. I either like the moves the FO makes, or don't, I'm not irrational about it. And this move, is an absolute F, F- if you like. I'd go as far as saying that, the same way the sole move of not bringing DeRozan back made this a successful off-season no matter what (a monkey's paw is smiling at me, somewhere...), the sole move of bringing Forbes back makes this season an unsuccessful one. It literally cost them nothing not to ing bring him back.... HE WAS ALREADY ING GONE....... SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Mr. Body will be in here eventually to semen shield; dude literally called Joe Harris the best roleplayer in the NBA during the postseason and Forbes is basically the same player.

My guy Sugus on the other hand will prolly meltdown with us ...
    You hit the nail on the head, Robz . I'm absolutely livid at this. No reason, absolutely no reason, no- ing-reason to do this, other than ing Pop and his pathological need to have some sort of "pet" on the team at all times. I was almost thinking it was too good to be true that every single one of his pets had been shipped off in the same off-season.....

at people hating on Wright for this move.

Let’s face it. This wasn’t Wright’s idea. This move is 100% on Pop

This also hits the nail on the head. This isn't a Wright move at all, IMO. Just Pop and RC on their bull once again. On the one hand, it can shed a "good" light on Wright: he's been pretty consistently undermined as not having "full reigns" on the GM position, so I'm inclined to be more lenient on his tenure as GM thus far and mistakes such as this signing, and Zollins to a lesser extent. On the other hand... It's awful knowing that your GM can be overrun by oldheads who are clearly out of touch with the modern NBA and have their own idea of how to assemble a team. It's extra-bad because, if you could just chalk it up as a "Brian Wrong" move, it'd be easier to wait him out until his own incompetence got him sacked..... How many years will it take for RC & Pop to finally give up the reigns of the team for good? We can literally not know..... Like bad agents, looming on the shadows. .

Someone bump the "take the car keys away from grandpa" thread, tbh.

nobody is happy with forbes coming back.

Some posters needs to stop the narrative that every guy who supports the FO in some mooves supports them in everything.
    Once again, nail on the head. Some posters here get waaay too into this Sniffers vs Exhalers back-and-forth. It's funny to read and engage with at times, but oftentimes, really misguided. At least how I see it. I'll say again that literally the reason I signed up on SpursTalk in the first place, was because this was the most anti-Pop forum I could find at the time. Reddit is disgustingly normie in that regard, same as most Spurs outlets. But anyways.....

Back to the "26 wins for Chet & Pop retirement" train I guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This meltdown is unnecessary. As I said, they needed guard depth and were always going to sign a veteran guard who can shoot.

This isn't a few years ago, when they were trying to remain "compe ive", bring the youth along slowly and base their offense around a fringe and pseudo star who refused to modernize their shot profile. He's not starting and probably goes in as the fourth guard.

Since neither him nor Walker IV can run point, it will however limit the amount Murray-White play together, since one will have to sub out mid quarter, so that they can sub back in late quarter for the other to run the second unit.

Jones will still get an opportunity too. They'll also probably sign a PG to a two-way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last thing regarding this awful signing. It's now abundantly clear that the Spurs are tanking next season. In the absolute worst way possible - they've picked a path. There is no way the Spurs are fighting for the playoffs next season with Forbes playing minutes, as if that wasn't unlikely enough already.

Are you finally happy, DPG21920?! You said you weren't so sure the FO had picked a side..... It's abundantly clear now. The monkey paw is somewhere, laughing at every one of us. Y'all wanted tanking.... Boy, we're gonna ing get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are just trolling us at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs give Primo #11 only to bring Forbes back a couple of days later?
    This had to be off-script, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs give Primo #11 only to bring Forbes back a couple of days later?
    This had to be off-script, right?
    They definitely don't see Primo being able to play any sort of minutes in his rookie season, and will mostly "Lonnie-style" him into riding the bench all game "to gather experience and see the game up close". Even if he ends up playing garbage time, sadly, at the end of the day, Forbes is a proven vet shooter and Primo just isn't...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last thing regarding this awful signing. It's now abundantly clear that the Spurs are tanking next season. In the absolute worst way possible - they've picked a path. There is no way the Spurs are fighting for the playoffs next season with Forbes playing minutes, as if that wasn't unlikely enough already.

Are you finally happy, DPG21920?! You said you weren't so sure the FO had picked a side..... It's abundantly clear now. The monkey paw is somewhere, laughing at every one of us. Y'all wanted tanking.... Boy, we're gonna ing get it.
    Just to play devils advocate there were/are many here who said this team would be “better” without DDR, Gay and Mills to a lessor extent.

Now that it’s happened, everyone’s gone full tank meltdown.

Either the team is better by subtracting vets or we’re not. I’m not a fan of this off-season but if you look at the roster in a vacuum sans the vets everyone desperately wanted to get rid of and we’re easily better, it’s the same core, is it not.

For the record I think this is a .500 team, maybe just below .500 tbh.

I think we crack the top 10 in the draft, probably not the top 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still feel the same today too

Ha ha ha ha! That is so bad, yet so funny!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They definitely don't see Primo being able to play any sort of minutes in his rookie season, and will mostly "Lonnie-style" him into riding the bench all game "to gather experience and see the game up close". Even if he ends up playing garbage time, sadly, at the end of the day, Forbes is a proven vet shooter and Primo just isn't...
    Undoubtedly. Even before the other acquisitions, I thought the G-League was where he was most likely headed.
    The Q I have though is sometimes we’re lead to believe, (well maybe it’s just me ), that PATFO have planned multiple moves in advance, right?
    Why would they give Bryns’ number away days before his return?

I’m probably reading too much into this and Spurs just believed they would never have the “luxury” of Bryn’s services again

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to play devils advocate there were/are many here who said this team would be “better” without DDR, Gay and Mills to a lessor extent.

Either the team is better by subtracting vets or we’re not. I’m not a fan of this off-season but if you look at the roster in a vacuum sans the vets everyone desperately wanted to get rid of and we’re easily better, it’s the same core, is it not.

i think most people thought PATFO's acquisitions were ... but thought the departures were OK, in terms of now it's time to tank

and then forbes the orb happened ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm definitely in the camp that thought the team would be better sans DeRozan (Mills and Gay, though flawed, played necessary roles on the team; not replacing them at all would certainly make the team worse, which I don't think is true for DDR due to the team's composition). I said as much in some threads months ago. But I don't mind if the team tanks... This meltdown is completely over how the tank will happen. You can lose giving free reign to the youngings, giving them the opportuinities to make mistakes that they'll hopefully learn from - or you can tank by playing washed vets and Forbes big minutes, while simultaneously hindering the youth. Especially on a Pop-led team, that option can't be discounted - and Forbes' signing makes it all the more looming, tbh.

That's why I'm confident this was a Pop move. At least the suggestion of it and push for it. No way he was letting Forbes go unsigned or staying away from the team for so long... He probably really looks at him like "the little guy that could!" now that he's a champion, and wants that "leadership" and "grittyness" that Forbes "provided" to the Bucks en route to the ring.

I actually still don't think the roster is that bad (maybe a bit below .500), but the thing with actively tanking teams is that their record is often worse than the team itself, because "business decisions" on personnel are made through the season that guarantee losses that might've been Ws had the team not tanked. I really see the Spurs cracking top-5, but it'll take a conscious tanking effort, which I'm starting to doubt Pop is on board with...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This team is bad real bad but in a good taking way. Lol. I see White hurt again missing probably 20 to 30 games and will be in top 6 of the draft. The only team worse then us maybe will be Cleveland, OK, and Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, are you ing kidding me? Just when you start getting excited about seeing the young guns learn the ropes, this POS pops back up. Wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes should really play his same role in mil. If he sees anything over 15-20 mpg spurs coaching staff really has lost it. In no way does he see more minutes than-murray,white,vassell or lonnie

Thread Information