Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing lots of people here and Twitter and elsewhere thinking this means the Spurs are getting Ben Simmons or John Collins or Beal ...

Why?

Forbes doesn't fit with ANYONE. At no point in trade negotiations for any good player would a smart team suddenly think, "You know who would really make this team excel now? Bryn Forbes!"

This is just a stupid team doing stupid things.
    They're trying to rationalize this idiotic signing with the pipe dream that PATFO has a magical Simmons trade up their sleeve. They're stuck in first stage of grief - denial. Their unwavering faith in Wright is astonishing. It's like they've learned nothing from the past three years.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DePression deal fell through, Spurs sign him to a 3 year/$82mil extension instead...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel like Tre Jones is the one who’s really going to get screwed by this.
    I think that too. But still if it’s Paddy Thrills role, that still means closing games and clutch shotzzzzz

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched highlights, guy can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched highlights, guy can shoot.

Def need more youtube and insta posts asap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The off season is a complete joke. This is the cherry on the sunday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is only a good move it you love bad defense, debarge mustaches or the art of shoe wiping
    OMG, I had forgotten about the art of shoe wiping!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright gets burned by Marcus Morris. Realizes that taking any sort of risk is dumb for his personal career because he has maximum job security as long as he keeps the team's character high. Goes 100% CREAM Team. Why even do a small gamble on a player's character when the front office as a whole has built up like three decades worth of goodwill. He literally won't get fired until like 2060 as long as he doesn't bring in anyone who "embarrasses the community and ethos that has been built" or whatever the .
    I don't think any of this rings true, it feels like trying to graft on some narrative or excuse for Wright.

Why would Wright worry about his job when the local media never criticizes the team. Even the Twitter blogboys like Tom Petrini have already been co-opted with a part-time media gig ... Completely afraid to criticize anything they do including the Forbes deal

Simple answer is the most obvious: Wright is terrible at his job, doesn't know what he's doing, and should be fired. No psychological backstory necessary, he's not a character in a story arc. He's just terrible.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So....

McDermott + Zollins + Forbes might equal the amount needed for a John Collins max offer sheet

Ain't that something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 step forward then 2 steps backwards...stupid patfo chacha dance, nothing to see here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So....

McDermott + Zollins + Forbes might equal the amount needed for a John Collins max offer sheet

Ain't that something?
    Can't trade contracts after signing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So....

Ain't that something?

Im pretty sure atl would match,and besides sigining jc would be a disaster .who needs pf's anymore?mcdermott is a sniper,collins best big since david ,and forbes well he can swipe soles like no other

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be truthful, the signing of Bryn will give us all something to talk about. Secretly some of you are happy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worst thing of the summer and i don't talk only of basketball.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    So....

Ain't that something?
    Collins, like 95% of modern NBA players, doesn't fulfill PATFO's re ed hard on for character. That's how badly Kawhi and Morris scared this FO. They will aim for lesser talent as long as they have a "good" personality. Which explains drafting scrubs like Primo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't trade contracts after signing them.
    I'm not suggesting a trade, I'm illustrating how bad this off-season is.

Lots of people didn't think John Collins was worth the money ... Do they think McDermott, Zollins and Forbes are worth it?

Especially if they have to dump Luka or Lonnie because of a full roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lots of people didn't think John Collins was worth the money ... Do they think McDermott, Zollins and Forbes are worth it?

Sniffers were finally thinking they had convinced everyone this off season was a success. Now this bs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, would rather have kept Patty
    I think it was Patty’s choice to leave.

Even if fans had complained about a big deal for him, like a McD sized deal, the FO would have given it to him. Patty and Rudy just chose to ring chase. Understandable.

But I would have preferred to play Primo and Tre those minutes.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He bring championship experience.

Seriously, Forbes should have managed to hold some dirty secret on Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh dear god,just when I was finally starting to accept the mediocre off-season they do this. I just can't with this FO...

Its really is like they keep trying to top their own ty moves and decisions. They had one of the most flexible cap spaces they have ever had at least in a long time and this was the off-season they had!?! Is there a grade lower then F because there needs to be one after this show!

This FO is the clowns of the league by far!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What also really kills me is that we hand out 3 years to the paraplegic center and McDrubbin, but then we throw only 2 years to the actual intriguing prospect in Jock Landale.

I mean, I know I'm about to have a heart attack when I read it, but if Brent got more than 2 years, it's really going to hurt.
    He’s too angry and ruins the Cream team. It’s a risk. We would have given him just the one year deal while Zollins rehabs and as a placeholder until Samanic can earn minutes, but we couldn’t be sure either Samanic or Zollins would ever be playable, so we had no choice. 2 years is already too much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid tank move, nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fwiw, McBuckets, Zollins & Forbes will do more to help us lose games than JoCo would've.

The Forbes signing make no sense because he will directly take minutes away from the yougins who desperately need them at the NBA level.

Forbes should see 0 minutes unless, at least, 2 or more of our other guards/wings are injured. Otherwise I'm officially joining the "old man is senile" crew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing lots of people here and Twitter and elsewhere thinking this means the Spurs are getting Ben Simmons or John Collins or Beal ...

Why?

Forbes doesn't fit with ANYONE. At no point in trade negotiations for any good player would a smart team suddenly think, "You know who would really make this team excel now? Bryn Forbes!"

This is just a stupid team doing stupid things.
    Yep, even Bud realized he wasn't winning even If it was playing him for a little bit right in the nick of time ...
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-04-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Thread Information