San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to answer OP, it's really simple

(R)

that is literally it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what you were trying to accomplish by posting this, but the quotes in that article actually support vaccination, both from a safety standpoint and because of the many long term effects of COVID infections...
    his point is that the same people who complain about how we have too much red tape in the pharmaceutical industry and that drugs should be more easily approved are complaining that these vaccines havent gotten through all that red tape yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why should woman who are expected not get it ?
    they absolutely should. my wife got it while pregnant, and there's even evidence that some of the immunity is passed on to the child, as they've seen the antibodies in umbilical cord blood

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what you were trying to accomplish by posting this, but the quotes in that article actually support vaccination, both from a safety standpoint and because of the many long term effects of COVID infections...
    ducks can barely read. He probably only read the bottom half and thought it was talking about the side effects of the vaccine

This is why people don't get vaccinated. Because they're in re ed and have no grasp of science whatsoever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why should woman who are expected not get it ?
    That's another myth. Pregnant women were excluded in the initial studies, but many of the subjects became pregnant during the trials and had normal pregnancies. Again, the vaccine does not interfere with DNA and couldn't possibly affect the baby.

In fact, there's evidence that the antibodies that mom develops from the vaccine can be transferred to the baby and help protect the baby for a few months after birth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they absolutely should. my wife got it while pregnant, and there's even evidence that some of the immunity is passed on to the child, as they've seen the antibodies in umbilical cord blood
    This

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm vaccinated. I think it's a good thing and everyone who's eligible should do it.

All that said, this thing has been heavily politicized since it's inception. So for those who refuse to get the shot, "my body my choice" and identifying as vaccinated should be acceptable outs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to answer OP, it's really simple

(R)

that is literally it
    Unfortunately it's looking like that's a big part of it. The divide in vaccination rates between parties is staggering... I guess 4+ years of endocrination with insane conspiracy theories has taken its toll...

That's not the only reason though. The fears about vaccine side effects cross party lines to a certain extent. There's just so much misinformation out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm vaccinated. I think it's a good thing and everyone who's eligible should do it.

All that said, this thing has been heavily politicized since it's inception. So for those who refuse to get the shot, "my body my choice" and identifying as vaccinated should be acceptable outs.
    I'm glad your vaccinated!

Everything is politicized nowadays, and this is a case of that trend being dangerous. I'm not sure who started the politicization, and I don't really care. Public/global health, as well as the stability of the global economy, depend on robust vaccination efforts and people buying in and trusting the science.

When the vaccines for smallpox and polio came out, people had to have faith in the ins utions that created them, and their faith was rewarded by those diseases getting eradicated. It's a similar concept here, but now we have decades of evidence of how effective and safe vaccines are.

As for the "my body, my choice" crowd, that argument doesn't fly when you're dealing with a deadly and easily communicable disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately it's looking like that's a big part of it. The divide in vaccination rates between parties is staggering... I guess 4+ years of endocrination with insane conspiracy theories has taken its toll...

That's not the only reason though. The fears about vaccine side effects cross party lines to a certain extent. There's just so much misinformation out there
    anti-vax sentiment didnt really seem to have a partisan divide though. was always just a fringe thing that popped up here and there without necessarily any political motivation. it was always intuitive to me that the right would be more anti-vax given their views on other scientific issues like climate change, but tbh it rarely manifested that way.

until covid and trump. trump had some anti-vax comments during his 2016 campaign too, iirc, even at one of the debates

edit: found the clip i referenced. he'll say that he's not anti vax before going on an anti-vax spiel

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Another embarrassed Republican trying to deflect from the fact he votes the same as most of the people who are on the wrong side of this. Another cheerleading coward who doesn't have the sac to criticize anti vaxxers because he values team above life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Access, misinformation, fear, vindictiveness, and stupidity. Pick one or a combo of any of the choices.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In all fairness, both situations involve death of beings other than yourself.

And I knew this vaccine rollout effort would never hit the level of success of Israel or the UK. Even if Trump were re-elected, the numbers would look similar. People here have a natural distrust of the government and it's not just Q-anon. Like 33% of blacks in Democratic HQ of NY are fully vaccinated.

I think it is difficult for some folks to trust the science when the appointed science czars here flip flop on mask usage and intentionally obfuscate on the origin of the virus. Complete transparency should have occurred from the beginning and Trump's downplaying of the virus put's him in the same deceptive category as Fauci, imo.

I'm glad your vaccinated!

Everything is politicized nowadays, and this is a case of that trend being dangerous. I'm not sure who started the politicization, and I don't really care. Public/global health, as well as the stability of the global economy, depend on robust vaccination efforts and people buying in and trusting the science.

When the vaccines for smallpox and polio came out, people had to have faith in the ins utions that created them, and their faith was rewarded by those diseases getting eradicated. It's a similar concept here, but now we have decades of evidence of how effective and safe vaccines are.

As for the "my body, my choice" crowd, that argument doesn't fly when you're dealing with a deadly and easily communicable disease.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Another embarrassed Republican trying to deflect from the fact he votes the same as most of the people who are on the wrong side of this. Another cheerleading coward who doesn't have the sac to criticize anti vaxxers because he values team above life.
    33% of blacks in NY are fully vaccinated. The problem is more broad than your myopic view point allows you to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio has a pretty solid vaccination rate. Around 70% fully vaccinated in the 18+ group.

Our unvaccinated are predominantly in poorer and more rural areas.

It is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33% of blacks in NY are fully vaccinated. The problem is more broad than your myopic view point allows you to see.
    That must mean 67% of them are Republican.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're changing the subject again because like others you can't bring yourself to acknowledge the ideological problem happening on your side of the aisle.

There is a big issue with undervaccinated minorities in this country. But even with the bad numbers among minorities, Republican voters still lead in numbers of unvaccinated people and people who refuse to be vaccinated.

Just say it. You could do a lot of good by simply acknowledging the problem, but I know you'd rather make fun of transgenders instead.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Yep, now mother er Biden is holding the bag.

ha, ha.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You can always tell someone's a Republican when they complain about how "politicized" the vaccines were but never say a single thing about who's responsible for making it political. Like, are you criticizing Democrats for being pro-vaccine partisans?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can always tell someone's a Republican when they complain about how "politicized" the vaccines were but never say a single thing about who's responsible for making it political. Like, are you criticizing Democrats for being pro-vaccine partisans?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Strangely those 3 whole minutes of comments didn't lead to epidemic levels of vax-distrust among Democrats!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strangely those 3 whole minutes of comments didn't lead to epidemic levels of vax-distrust among Democrats!
    Strangely, they weren't pro-vaccine partisans in that video.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Strangely, they weren't pro-vaccine partisans in that video.
    I guess that particular mix of out of context clips with a GOP watermark didn't make the rounds among Dems. Maybe Democrats saw the full speeches/interviews and came away with a different impression than you've gotten from this piece of GOP propaganda. The data don't lie. Republicans are refusing the vaccine at greater rates than Democrats. Period.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Thread Information